PDA

View Full Version : 39' Cigarette

Conquistador_del_mar
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I hope someone gets the bidding on this boat to well up over $20,000 or I might have to make an offer I really should not be making. I remember this boat from back in the day. Highly cool boat, but I find it hard to believe that the hull only weighs 2900lbs. Maybe? Just saying. If someone here buys it, please let us know. Bill

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280339193844&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Morgan's Cloud
05-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I too have problems with the weight .... And that comes from someone who has put a few boats on scales.

Sorry to be so sceptical .... I just need to see it !

Conquistador_del_mar
05-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Less than two days before the auction ends and one bid at the starting $15,000 - it takes two bidders to get it up, and I might very well have to step up to the plate if no one else cares to own this outrageous boat. Just saying. Bill

superhatz
05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't care for the deck configuration on that boat but HOLY SMOKES!!....NO RESERVE???!!!

Conquistador_del_mar
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't care for the deck configuration on that boat but HOLY SMOKES!!....NO RESERVE???!!!

Aaron,
I think the two engines and drives could almost justify the price. You would also get a piece of history with this boat. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
The Cigarette sold for only $23,100!! I talked to the seller this morning about it, and he told me the guy that had it was asking $175,000 for it two years ago. I went to $22,500, but I couldn't put in my bid at the last couple seconds since it was then too high - I tried - lol. What a giveaway!!! Bill

superhatz
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
You're a maniac Bill....I love it!

:bonk:

smidgen too
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
My friend was a bider & Talk to the seller he wanted bank info just for biding, he and did not like the feel of the auction and backed out .

Conquistador_del_mar
05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
You're a maniac Bill....I love it!

:bonk:

That is the joke with my wife and I - whenever I ask her if I am still insane, her reply is "of course". I then tell her "thank you - for a minute there I thought I was a rational guy" - lol.

My friend was a bider & Talk to the seller he wanted bank info just for biding, he and did not like the feel of the auction and backed out .

Apparently, the owner of the Cigarette owed the ebay seller money, but he never came through. The seller did say he had the title to the boat and the trailer, so I felt good about it. He was even going to install a new tire on the spare blown wheel. He did not know the octane fuel it burned, but I was figuring racing fuel. He did tell me the owner had spent close to $10k on a paint job a few years ago and that the boat looked great in person. The guy's name is Harry that I talked to about the boat, and he seemed very ligitimate to me. He was willing to wait a week or so for me to line up a truck to drive over, and even told me that a Ford 350 or equivalent would do the job. I really think this was one of those golden opportunities you rarely see. I remember reading about the boat that Bob Nordskog raced back when he did the runs - I had no great use for it since it is not a particularly practical boat, but I figured I could drive it a few times and sell it for a nice profit here where many guys have the need for speed. Bill

lars
05-06-2009, 06:34 AM
TheFever29
Registered
1998 29 fountain fever & 1997 30 scarab racing
"I got the boat yesterday.
Tomorrow i will do a better inspection of the boat and try to post some pics up as soon as i can. From what i saw this morning it is in fairly good shape. needs a good cleaning and a good run through on the engines but seems to be solid all aound.
The hull is Kevlar weighing at 2900lbs.
Original owner was Bob Nordskog and then it was signed away by Gerald C. Nordskog in 1995. It was recently restored by Barney Welch in Oklahoma in 2000. i will have to contact him for more info regarding the work done. Then it was purchased by cam-boat projects inc, in Largo, Florida which sold it to another person and now i bought it.
i will slowly try to track down all the info and pics of the restoration. If anyone has any info please post. thanks alot".
P.S. This is really something incredible. Mr. Nordskog's ultimate boat sold for pennies on the dollar! :shocking: Photo shows her in 2000 with then owner Barry Welsh of Florida Powerboat Club. D.S.

Conquistador_del_mar
05-06-2009, 10:17 AM
TheFever29
Registered
1998 29 fountain fever & 1997 30 scarab racing
"I got the boat yesterday.
Tomorrow i will do a better inspection of the boat and try to post some pics up as soon as i can. From what i saw this morning it is in fairly good shape. needs a good cleaning and a good run through on the engines but seems to be solid all aound.
The hull is Kevlar weighing at 2900lbs.
Original owner was Bob Nordskog and then it was signed away by Gerald C. Nordskog in 1995. It was recently restored by Barney Welch in Oklahoma in 2000. i will have to contact him for more info regarding the work done. Then it was purchased by cam-boat projects inc, in Largo, Florida which sold it to another person and now i bought it.
i will slowly try to track down all the info and pics of the restoration. If anyone has any info please post. thanks alot".
P.S. This is really something incredible. Mr. Nordskog's ultimate boat sold for pennies on the dollar! :shocking: Photo shows her in 2000 with then owner Barry Welsh of Florida Powerboat Club. D.S.

Lars,
Thanks for the link to the guy who bought it. I already regret not going a little higher on trying to buy a boat of that caliber and history. It was an opportunity that one rarely sees in my book. Bill