PDA

View Full Version : Trim Pump Question

2donzi2
04-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Have a merc 330 trs set up and am having some difficulty with my tilt/trim. Pump works and sounds fine both directions, however I can only get the drive to go up, not down. When I depress the down button, the pump sounds like its starving for oil, racing real high. Coming up sounds normal and goes up smooth and nice. Any Pointers?

BigGrizzly
04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Your in the revers lock up position and the lines are reversed or you are low on fluis or have a hose leak.

2donzi2
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Grizz,
Do you know what line goes closest to the boat? I had the drive off for a while and thought I remembered which one went where. I did have one hose leak but replaced already. Any help mwould be appreciated. Thanks.

BigGrizzly
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
the up line is the one closes to the stern the farther one to the stern is the down line. On the pump the blue wire is the up pump wire. so when it is entergised then the lower unit rises. if it is the origional pumo the hose with the brass fitting is the down line.

2donzi2
05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info Grizz. Not realizing when I stabbed the drive and hooked everything up, I had the port side lines switched around, thus filling one side up and the other pressurizing the down side. Swithched and bled and works perfect. Thanks.

BigGrizzly
05-01-2009, 07:18 PM
That is what we are here for. I am glade we were able to help.