PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette 20' HIN Location

79animal
04-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Quick newbie question, I am looking at a 20' Cigarette and need to verify that it is authentic. I know that the HIN should start with CRT20. Where is it located on the boat? Is there any other way besides the HIN to verify that it is a Cigarette. Thanks in advance for the help.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
The HIN should be in the standard location on the transom. If you can post some pictures here, it would help to ID it. The one I had was built like a tank with everything being very solid. The stringers are entirely glassed over. Good luck - great boats. Bill

mattyboy
04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
what year is it supposed to be??? if you can post pics that would help , the early ones, well the first three built were called 19's 1972 , after that they were called 20's 1973
the early ones were small block boats and had some added storage bins in the bilge and a front ski locker , and some additional leg room. once they went to big blocks some of that changed.

any boat after nov of 72 should have a HIN stamped on the transom in the upper starboard corner near the deck hull joint

the one I help restore was built in 71 and we believe it to be the first cig 19 built it had no hull number anywhere

as CDM said they are built like tanks