PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else following that OSO Donzi thread?

The Hedgehog
04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
The one about the 27ZR with the dude Donzi Andy.

I am sure that there are two sides to every story but it does not sound good. There is this tool that goes by SOX that is touting Sunsations. He was really starting to sound like a tool bag so I finally has to show my a$$.

boxy
04-28-2009, 07:27 PM
OSO has always had it's share of Sunsation Myopians. I probably check in their once a week now.
My time is split between Donzi.net and Serious Offshore now, but I'm due for a visit, may be time to tweak some sunsation boys .... :D

The Hedgehog
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
OSO has always had it's share of Sunsation Myopians. I probably check in their once a week now.
My time is split between Donzi.net and Serious Offshore now, but I'm due for a visit, may be time to tweak some sunsation boys .... :D

Your no tool logo is probably enough to get you banned from OSO. There are too many over there that would rightfully be concerned that it applies to them.

Carl C
04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Just read the whole thread. It does look like Andy is getting the runaround, makes you wonder what's going on at Donzi. If they are backed up with orders why are they still operating with a skeleton crew. They still haven't paid my second warranty claim either.:frown:

mattyboy
04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Just read the whole thread. It does look like Andy is getting the runaround, makes you wonder what's going on at Donzi. If they are backed up with orders why are they still operating with a skeleton crew. They still haven't paid my second warranty claim either.:frown:

you mean the work you have taken the grinder too???

Air 22
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM

OMG...:eek::popcorn::)

yeller
04-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Why should that matter? Someone did warranty approved work and should get paid.

Carl C
04-29-2009, 05:22 AM

No, the exterior work. The grinder is only removing bilgekote so that I can further reinforce the hull.

BlownCrewCab
04-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Seems Like Andy needs to go Punch Craig Barrie in the Face!!!

BUIZILLA
04-29-2009, 06:31 AM
if they can't find the missing gel coat, i'd hate to imagine where the engine is....

LKSD
04-29-2009, 06:51 AM
I dont know the whole story, but I know what I have seen posted over on the other site & I do know a bit about what Donzi is going thru currently..

I am also pretty sure there is probably a good bit more to the whole story than what any of us know..

Due to the economy, boat lending & some other related issues that have affected many, Donzi has also been a bit affected. They are now currently on a 4 day work week with a skeleton crew. Stuff is getting done slower than it has in the past, but still seems to be getting done.

It seems from what I was told that they are likely only doing one boat a time. It is my guess that what ever was ordered first is being built first so even though there may be a few before that guy's they are probably taking longer to build them & get to his because of a much smaller workforce..

I again think that their rational is that it is better to stay in business & keep several people busy than have to let everyone go & close. I would tend to agree with some of that mentality, however in the process some people will unfortunately have to wait a bit longer for things & thus be unhappy..

On the bright side I did hear a rumor that next month they may be bringing back the workforce as they may require it again.. I hope this is true as it would be good for everyone.. And the economy..

Jamie :)

chappy
04-29-2009, 06:54 AM
I dont know the whole story, but I know what I have seen posted over on the other site & I do know a bit about what Donzi is going thru currently..

I am also pretty sure there is probably a good bit more to the whole story than what any of us know..

Due to the economy, boat lending & some other related issues that have affected many, Donzi has also been a bit affected. They are now currently on a 4 day work week with a skeleton crew. Stuff is getting done slower than it has in the past, but still seems to be getting done.

It seems from what I was told that they are likely only doing one boat a time. It is my guess that what ever was ordered first is being built first so even though there may be a few before that guy's they are probably taking longer to build them & get to his because of a much smaller workforce..

I again think that their rational is that it is better to stay in business & keep several people busy than have to let everyone go & close. I would tend to agree with some of that mentality, however in the process some people will unfortunately have to wait a bit longer for things & thus be unhappy..

On the bright side I did hear a rumor that next month they may be bringing back the workforce as they may require it again.. I hope this is true as it would be good for everyone.. And the economy..

Jamie :)

Nice touch.

The Hedgehog
04-29-2009, 07:26 AM
That makes sense to me. I would hope that Donzi can make this right. Thanks Jamie

Carl C
04-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Well said, Jamie.

BlownCrewCab
04-29-2009, 08:06 AM
seems like NOW would be a good time to bring back more of the work force BEFORE they Lose Buisness.

CHACHI
04-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Hopefully the qualified and experienced work force hasn't found other jobs.

Ken

BigGrizzly
04-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Jamie is right on. HONDA has halted and slowed some production facilities also. This will probably not make some people happy but everybody is feeling the pinch and big time too. This guy is not happy but all the other VULTURES are just joining in, talk is cheap. Most of thoes guys are weenies when it comes to their own issues and will complain about anything just to be heard and add fuel to a fire. I stay away from there because it is a click with a capital C.

Marlin275
04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Mercedes just announced that THEY lost money.
Just have to hang on
longer . . .

till it all gets better.

mattyboy
04-29-2009, 01:24 PM
No, the exterior work. The grinder is only removing bilgekote so that I can further reinforce the hull.

sorry I thought you had work done in the bilge last time.

cash flow is king when things get real tight, covering salary and raw material costs with vendors, it must be handled correctly inorder to survive these trying times. not as simple as we are backed up hire more people to do the work and buy all the needed materials so the back orders can be filled

not a good situation but I am sure in the end things will work out

zelatore
04-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Just have to hang on
longer . . .
till it all gets better.

Is this the part where someone's supposed to post one of those cutsie pictures of a kitten hanging off a branch with 'hang in there baby' at the bottom?

'Cause I'm not goin' there.

Marlin275
04-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Is this the part where someone's supposed to post one of those cutsie pictures of a kitten hanging off a branch with 'hang in there baby' at the bottom?
'Cause I'm not goin' there.

No kitten here . . .

Only the strong survive . . .

"Only the Strong Survive" is a 1969 song by Jerry Butler, released on his album The Ice Man Cometh. It was the most successful single of his career, reaching #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was #1 for two weeks on the Billboard Black Singles Chart, in March and April 1969, respectively.
Elvis Presley (1969) also recorded a notable version of this song.

Ghost
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Mathematically, I suspect it is far harder to manage staffing to orders when the numbers of both get smaller with wider percentage swings. Doesn't mean they don't play games with jumping bigger boats in line or anything, but in general, I suspect the challenge is far greater right now. FWIW.

RickSE
04-30-2009, 01:19 AM
... They still haven't paid my second warranty claim either.:frown:

Don't worry Carl, took them a while to pay mine but they did, be patient they'll come through.

Carl C
04-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I sure hope Donzi Andy gets some satisfaction soon. It's a shame watching him go from elation to frustration and now just being pissed off. He's paying a lot of money for a 27' boat and would like to use it this summer. They need to take care of this guy.:crossfing:

gcarter
04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
I understand it completely....our company has 5K active customers currently. It's impossible to keep them happy w/only two service people.

But that's what we can afford to keep.

chappy
04-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I sure hope Donzi Andy gets some satisfaction soon. It's a shame watching him go from elation to frustration and now just being pissed off. He's paying a lot of money for a 27' boat and would like to use it this summer. They need to take care of this guy.:crossfing:

You may want to re-read Scott and Jamie's posts in this thread.

It's not as simple as the squeaky wheel gettin' the grease.

roadtrip se
04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
but what the heck, I am good at it.

Sunsation is building boats right now, a lot of them. Not as many of the F4s, but more of their middle range stuff.

All of the crowing aside on OSO, I would state the opinion that the guys at Sunny are probably a little more straight up with their customers, and that explains a lot of the blind loyalty to them.

At least that is the repuatation they have. The 27ZR guy would know, every day, where his boatwas in the process, if it were a 288.
Donzi does deserve some heat on this one, in my opinion, because they haven't been transparent with this guy.

Break out the flame guns.

The Hedgehog
04-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I went on their forum in OSO and posted this:

"I am running a 26ZX Donzi that is starting to run out of hull at 95mph. Once I get it propped right it might just break 100 but that will pretty much be it.

I have admired the lines of a 288 for some time and heard great things about Sunsation. I was wondering what kind of experiences you guys had with that hull with big power? How does the hull handle at 95+? Has anyone taken this hull north of 100?"

Ok, so I am a troll:shark:

Donzi Andy
04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
If anyone wants to hear my side of the story, I would be more than happy to tell you. Despite what anyone says, I have not bad mouthed Donzi or any of their people. If anyone thinks that I am not telling it like it is, you are more than welcome to call me. This whole deal has gotten so crazy, my dealer has been calling me for info on the what is going on with the boat. I have only dealt with Craig Barrie for the past few weeks. And he will admit that has been off on some of his time line info that he given me. I am not mad at Donzi or Craig, just wished that they would have been straight with me from the start. And as far as what has happened on OSO, it has has only been an outlet for me to tell my story and vent my frustration.

Andy Ramel "Donzi Andy"
847-804-1566

The Hedgehog
04-30-2009, 06:15 PM
If anyone wants to hear my side of the story, I would be more than happy to tell you. Despite what anyone says, I have not bad mouthed Donzi or any of their people. If anyone thinks that I am not telling it like it is, you are more than welcome to call me. This whole deal has gotten so crazy, my dealer has been calling me for info on the what is going on with the boat. I have only dealt with Craig Barrie for the past few weeks. And he will admit that has been off on some of his time line info that he given me. I am not mad at Donzi or Craig, just wished that they would have been straight with me from the start. And as far as what has happened on OSO, it has has only been an outlet for me to tell my story and vent my frustration.

Andy Ramel "Donzi Andy"
847-804-1566

No Andy, you have been more than fair about the whole thing. The whole Sunsation thing got way out of hand though. Some of that was my fault. I was really just having fun with that. I hope that you were not too bothered by some of my redneck behavior. I do hope that your deal comes through. Welcome to Donzi.

Bill Patterson (ZXXX Donzi)

Donzi Andy
04-30-2009, 06:19 PM
No Andy, you have been more than fair about the whole thing. The whole Sunsation thing got way out of hand though. Some of that was my fault. I was really just having fun with that. I hope that you were not too bothered by some of my redneck behavior. I do hope that your deal comes through. Welcome to Donzi.

Bill Patterson (ZXXX Donzi)

I didn't take offense to anything that you said, although I didn't want the thread to turn into a shouting match of who has the better boat. I believe that the thread on OSO has opened some eyes at the Donzi factory and helped me to get my boat pushed through. Maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions, we will see if it gets started next week.

BigGrizzly
05-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Andy, welcome to the real world, and we all hope you will hang with us awhile. We realize how things get out of hand on threads. everybody has a mouth and azzhole, the problem is some don't know which one to speak from:wink:

gcarter
05-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Elaine and I had dinner last night w/a couple, one of which supplies specific services (is that description oblique enough) to Donzi. This person has told me of the hardships of keeping the company going through these times when so many others have closed. How difficult it has been to keep suppliers paid, enough staff on hand to keep production going in an efficient manner. And from a management standpoint, to make the right decisions at the right times.
I also think Andy should have been told his boat would be started in two months and that it might slip but that they (Donzi) would work w/him.
I'm a patient guy, and if I wanted a boat built the way I wanted it, I guess I would have expected some slip-ups in these difficult times.

I know in the exotic auto industry, there're manufacturers who'll tell you it might be a year or two before you could expect your car to be dilivered.
The difference is, they're up front about it.

BigGrizzly
05-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I am with George on this point. I have been in meetings as a contractor on these subjects.