PDA

View Full Version : EMI thunder owners

ky-donzi
04-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Hey I have a 98 18 classic, 350 mpi engine. The boat originally came with corsa captains call, and now I am going to do a manifold swap. Has anyone swaped the merc manifolds for a set of EMI thunders and kept the corsa set-up?

The EMI set up I have is alumninum riser type, and it seems that the riser is way longer than the original cast merc riser.
thanks in advance

VetteLT193
04-28-2009, 08:04 AM
I have the long tails, so no captains call. However, there seems to be fitment issues with all the aftermarket systems. They all seem to be wider than stock, plus other stuff like your problem.

MOP suggested I use Trident exhaust hose. That gave me enough flexibility to get my system working. You might try the same thing, it may give you enough play to make it work.

BigGrizzly
04-28-2009, 08:28 AM
The hump hose gives the most Flexability.

MOP
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I would call EMI to ask about the clearances, if you have the right distance to put the CC's in but have some offset do like Randy says buy the Trident hump hoses. They will make up for more offset then the straight where hose length is limited.

CHACHI
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Have both in my 22 with a Big Block.

ken

Barry Eller
04-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Have both in my 22 with a Big Block.
kenHey Ken,
I see you also have a "DONZI" paddle...what kind of speed do you get with it?:wink::biggrin:

My 22 had EMI exhaust on the 454HO when I bought it. They were the old ones that had the internal water passages. A leaking riser gasket killed the 454. That is when I got the 502 and installed Revolution Exhaust. Now I have Gil Dry Offshores.

CHACHI
04-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Barry, the paddle came with the boat. Haven't had a chance to use it.
I figured last year would of been the year with fuel prices and all but ...

I am actually taking the paddle out this weekend to get labbed.

I will be thinning the blade and coreing it with Coosa board.

I am hoping that the Coosa board will be enough as I really don't want to add any stichmat to it. Have to keep it light.

Ken