PDA

View Full Version : way to start a panic

mattyboy
04-27-2009, 11:40 AM
gotta hand it to the agencies involved in this one
real smart fellas

azzhats

who ever came up with this idea can't be the sharpest tool in the shed

how bout a little notice :rolleyes: they also emptied a few buildings on the jersey side of the river

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090427/NEWS/90427034

Kirbyvv
04-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Quite the scare I bet, especially for the folks who were there on 9/11.

Ghost
04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Freakin terrific. Also, curiously missing from the story on that site, was that the plane was a former or current-current Air Force One.

So, what was the photo op? And why are our tax dollars being spent to fly this plane for a photo op anyhow? Thank God there wasn't a stampede out of a building where someone got hurt.

EDIT: oh wow, this is a *very* current story, so no wonder they didn't know yet. Lots of later stories had that info.

mattyboy
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
from what I am hearing the photo op was a presidential 747 and 2 f 16 with the statue of liberty

I had a tech in one of the buildings in jersey city that was emptied

heres a pic

please maybe this could have been done on a Sunday morning or perhaps someone said wait this might not be a good idea but we can get the shot via cgi maybe??

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090427/NEWS/90427034&Template=photos

that pic was taken from pier 11( the ferry stop I use going into manhattan) which is a main ferry station it was an abandoned pier on 9/11 used by ferries picking up people trying to flea lower Manhattan that day. Since then it has become a main ferry landing for NY waterways and sea streak.

what really gets me is that flight path is almost exactly the path of the 2nd plane to hit the towers.

sometimes people forget the sense they born with

mattyboy
04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
look at this pic from the 40th floor of 30 hudson
that is really scarey

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/F-16s-at-Lady-Liberty-Put-City-on-Edge.html

HOWARD O
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Knuckleheads!!! :bonk:

justleft
04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow, not much thinking on that one !!! But a photo op is worth it :wink:

Most expensive photo op goes to this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valiant_Shield

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6d/B-2_leading_Valiant_Shield.jpg/800px-B-2_leading_Valiant_Shield.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/B-2_leading_Valiant_Shield.jpg)

Just Say N20
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I've got to believe that someone in the administration had enough of a clue to suggest that this might be a really bad idea. How could you possible NOT think of the panic a stunt like this could cause?

So either no one in the whole operation was smart enough to suggest this was a bad idea, OR, people were told, and their arrogance was so profound that they simply didn't care what the reaction of the people in the area would be.

Neither explanation speaks very well of the people involved.

DonziJon
04-27-2009, 06:54 PM
It's prolly an imbedded operation that BUSH orchestrated before he left office that Obama Failed to catch in time. :pimp:

justleft
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
It's prolly an imbedded operation that BUSH orchestrated before he left office that Obama Failed to catch in time. :pimp:

Excellent. Now let's see the photos !!!

zelatore
04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Actually, from what I've heard it was an Air Force operation.

And they did notify NYC....NYC just didn't notify the public.

But then again, if you have a way to blame Bush for it, I'm willing to go along...:nilly:

mattyboy
04-27-2009, 08:19 PM
re read the link i posted they updated it

the white house military admin takes blame and told the NYPD not to tell the public or even the mayor

they wanted an updated picture of obama's plane and the statue of liberty

really stoopid

Donzi Vol
04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
re read the link i posted they updated it

the white house military admin takes blame and told the NYPD not to tell the public or even the mayor

they wanted an updated picture of obama's plane and the statue of liberty

really stoopid

It should have been a certain someone else taking the blame for it. That's like giving the keys to my truck to someone that is going to do something stupid and then have them take the blame for it.

Rootsy
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Honestly..... You can't tell me that there isn't ANYONE out there that could have just "made" the desired photo with photoshop or some of the other ultra high end graphics programs.... For God's sake... look what Hollywood puts out on the big screen with every movie...

f_inscreenname
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Honestly..... You can't tell me that there isn't ANYONE out there that could have just "made" the desired photo with photoshop or some of the other ultra high end graphics programs.... For God's sake... look what Hollywood puts out on the big screen with every movie...

I was going to say that about the most expensive photo shoot above with the aircraft carriers and such. With photo shop i could have put the Nova in the middle of them like it was always there.:yes:

mattyboy
04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
timing is everything in life, had they waited a month or so they could have done this during fleet week and really had a great shot with maybe a ship or two in it. and at that time people would have known they were fly bys no let's do it on a monday morning over ground zero unannounced:rolleyes:

negative ghost rider the pattern is full

DonziJon
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Janet Napolitano was on the Today Show this morning getting a tough cross examination by Ann Curry..who prolly got reprimanded afterward.

You People can be assured that the Madam Secretary (Homeland Security CZAR) had "NO IDEA who's idea this was" but she WILL Get to the bottom of it. I'm satisfied... TOTALLY. :yes:

The Secretary was making the rounds of the morning shows..Splaining everything. :lookaroun:

Last week... she Splained she had nothing against Returning Military Veterans who would be excellent canidates for the job of Radical Right Wing Extremists that law enforcement needed to be on the lookout for.

You can't make this stuff up. NOPE

DonziJon
04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Ya SEE..... Ya SEE , I Told You People this whole thing would be Splained in a most satifactory manor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
WASHINGTON (AP) - "President Barack Obama says it was a mistake for one of his official airplanes to be sent zooming past the New York City skyline for a publicity photo shoot.

Obama said Tuesday: "It was a mistake, as was stated ... and it will not happen again." :bonk:

Obama commented after reporters asked about the flight as he prepared to meet with FBI Director Robert Mueller at agency headquarters.

On Monday, one of the Boeing 747s used by Obama and an F-16 jet circled the Statue of Liberty at the start of the work day, startling workers in lower Manhattan who feared a nightmarish replay of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

The flight was carried out by the Defense Department. The director of the White House military office apologized for the incident."
-------------------------------------------------------
The President said HE heard about it on the news just like everyone else. Okey Dokey.

Wasington (AP): (THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information.)