PDA

View Full Version : Tallageda.....

Donziweasel
04-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Layed up taking care of Boo Boo, along with it snowing today, caught the race today. One of the best finishes I have ever seen there. Carl Edwards coming down to the line getting sideways by Keselowski, going airborn, flipping into the wall, up into the fence and almost into the crowd, and coming down on the track was incredible. Then getting out of the car and running across the finish line on foot.

Hope no one got hurt, but is sure looked like some pieces of his car went into the crowd while he was only going 198 mph.

Question is, how many of those people in the stands where Carl hit the wall and fence fudged thier shorts when he hit? :wink::bonk:

BlownCrewCab
04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
I just watched a post race show and they said one person needed Medical help, the rest just needed new undies. (But really, only one needed help..)

justleft
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Great ending. Hope no one was hurt. Looked like a few lights mounted on top of
the safety fence flew into the crowd.

Looked like Edwards moved down just as his spotter said inside. Ouch.

Donziweasel
04-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Here's a video of the wreck. 8 People hurt, most minor injuries.....

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2009/04/26/cup.tal.high.final.nascar/

hardcrab
04-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I just got back (13 hrs on the road) from Talladega.

My seats are in the Tri Oval Tower, just before the start / finish line. This was my 11th consecutive April race there.

It was undoubtedly the WILDEST last 100 yards I've witnessed !!!!!!!!!!! from what I hear, the worst injury to a fan was a broken jaw. Several others with minor wounds treated on site.