PDA

View Full Version : Ethanol alert

BUIZILLA
04-25-2009, 04:07 PM
if you thought E10 was bad.... :shocking:

please send your message to defeat this process >

NMMA - Government Center (http://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/alert/?alertid=13199386&PROCESS=Take+Action)

Just Say N20
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Done. Thanks for the heads up. I was unaware of this.

Donzi Vol
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I sent in my message. This crap just gets all over me! Ethanol in gas tanks is one of the single worst decisions that this country ever made. Destroys engines, not fuel efficient, and has all but crippled the food industry (I see it every day). Why listen to these small interest groups concerned about the regular use of oil than listen to the masses that know ethanol is a big no no. Ok...rant over...stepping off soap box.:mad:

Ghost
04-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Sent.

BUIZILLA
04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
all I can say is..

don't b!tch if you don't take 30 seconds and do YOUR part :yes:

CHACHI
04-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Done, thanks for the heads up.

Ken

Carl C
04-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I will compose my own message when I have more time; Getting ready for work now. I don't want to just send that long prewritten letter. I wonder if BoatUS is getting on this. They are probably the most powerful boating lobby in the USA. It will take a lot more than e-mails from a bunch of average Joes to "change" anything with this current administration. The really stupid thing is that ethanol costs more to produce than gasoline without government subsidies...............anyway, I will send my message today.

BigGrizzly
04-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Done

chappy
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Sent.

mattyboy
04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I sent 3 of them

one as me

one as the senator

one as the lake george pirate

;)

zelatore
04-29-2009, 01:20 PM
done!

osur866
04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Sent

HOWARD O
04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
That was quick and easy! :yes:

MOP
04-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Done & passed the word!

goatee
04-29-2009, 10:33 PM
im ignorant

i was unaware it was bad for engines.
i do know it burns faster than reg gas. (but is cheaper)
i just looked at it this way, "more money in the american farmers pocket and less overseas"...

but again, i am uninformed and ignorant.
if there is a website telling it like it is, post a link.

goatee
04-29-2009, 10:37 PM
i just read the link above. i am getting the view from board members now a bit.
but whats e85?
i fear this is going to be like explaining satalite tv to a person who doesnt know what electricity is...

VetteLT193
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
i just read the link above. i am getting the view from board members now a bit.
but whats e85?
i fear this is going to be like explaining satalite tv to a person who doesnt know what electricity is...

E85 = 85% Ethanol 15% gasoline.

So... E10 = 10% Ethanol... etc.

Last Real Texan
04-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Done

Freakin Commie Bastages......E85 geez! this is right up there with screen windows on a submarine....

goatee
04-30-2009, 08:04 AM
are there peeps on here whos boats are burnin ethanol?
they sell e85 hear near me in mi. but that is "in addition to" rather than "instead of". im still not sure how its a bad thing. (as long as you have a choice)
i could be a junkie if i want, but i choose not to.

unless you are worried it will replace reg gas, and you will be forced to use this sub standard fuel that destroys engines?
which i do not see happening anytime soon.

i think any alt. fuel methods used will eventually bring gas price down.
wouldnt you agree?

Ghost
04-30-2009, 08:20 AM
are there peeps on here whos boats are burnin ethanol?
they sell e85 hear near me in mi. but that is "in addition to" rather than "instead of". im still not sure how its a bad thing. (as long as you have a choice)
i could be a junkie if i want, but i choose not to.

unless you are worried it will replace reg gas, and you will be forced to use this sub standard fuel that destroys engines?
which i do not see happening anytime soon.

i think any alt. fuel methods used will eventually bring gas price down.
wouldnt you agree?

We have no choice here but to use E10.

I have little doubt it is doing harm and I expect carb/fuel system troubles.

I have no easy way to measure in the boat, but in my cars, I saw a drop in MPG of about 10% with E10 gas. That suggests you could make a similar product, A10 gas (fill up 90% of your tank with regular gas, and 10% with air), and have comparable effect on your mileage per tankful. Further, it would not damage your seals and other parts.

And if the ethanol is about equivalent to air in cutting your mileage, that means that ALL the costs, direct and indirect, of producing it, are 100% losses. Diesel to plow the fields, farmers' time, increased food costs because food is being wastefully burned as fuel, increased cutting of woodland for more corn acreage, delivery to market, handling and distribution, direct subsidies paid to farmers to produce ethanol corn, etc. It is virtually ALL a loss, if the mileage really drops as mine has.

Complete Charlie Foxtrot of the first order, bad for the environment, an increase in our fuel costs, no lessening our use or dependency on foreign oil, etc. The sort of thing that is to be expected from cronyism instead of real market decision-making.

Further, I would argue that the government should be directly liable for all damages, and that the whole legally-forced elimination of proper fuels for existing engines amounts to an unfair taking of property. It's bad enough and illegal for the government to outlaw vital fuels to run existing engines, interfering with our lives. But failure to pay market value for the items rendered useless is an unfair taking. Harming them, rendering them partially unusuable and costing a lot in repairs, should likewise be compensated. As should the liability claims for any damages that ensue. Somebody breaks down and dies offshore, the government should have to pay hundreds of millions JUST for that case. Etc, etc. This 5hit has got to stop.