PDA

View Full Version : Captains call exhaust question???

Mckillop
04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I have a 96 Donzi 18" classic with a 350 merc and a bravo 1 outdrive and I am looking for a captains choice exhasut system for it. Can anyone recommend a good system? Does Corsa make a system for that boat? Any help would be much appriciated

VetteLT193
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
corsa makes one, they are probably the most known.

I was looking at a set on eBay, off brand. Another member here said the off brand set is not On/Off like corsa is, it is actually an intermittent setup so you can make it go from full loud to kinda quiet to full quiet. Corsa is either full loud or full quiet.

To do the job you have to
-Pull the drive, install the exhaust bellows.
-Pull the engine, remove the block off plate, install the Y pipe.
-Redo the exhaust setup to make it all fit
-Wire and install the switches

bobwpe
04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Check the spacing on your stringers. If it is 23" the Y pipe will not fit. I don't know when they went to the wider (28-30") spacing but that is what you will need. Good luck. :)

The Hedgehog
04-25-2009, 02:37 PM
These guys all have good comments. Shop around on E-bay. They come up a pretty good bit. Heck, I almost gave mine away until I got an 18 and put it on just because I had it laying around.

mrfixxall
04-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a 96 Donzi 18" classic with a 350 merc and a bravo 1 outdrive and I am looking for a captains choice exhasut system for it. Can anyone recommend a good system? Does Corsa make a system for that boat? Any help would be much appriciated

their all great products,i perfer rex marines because their not just loud or quiet..you can adjust the sound level by just touching the switch up or down..you can run them full closed,1/4 open.1/2 open 3/4 open of fully open..they have a single motorized accuator not the magnetic kind which you need power to keep them open or closed..

http://www.rexmar.com/page234.html

The Hedgehog
04-25-2009, 05:38 PM
their all great products,i perfer rex marines because their not just loud or quiet..you can adjust the sound level by just touching the switch up or down..you can run them full closed,1/4 open.1/2 open 3/4 open of fully open..they have a single motorized accuator not the magnetic kind which you need power to keep them open or closed..
http://www.rexmar.com/page234.html

Word