PDA

View Full Version : New School Prayer

MOP
04-23-2009, 07:25 AM
This was supposedly written by kid Snopes say undetermed!

WRITTEN BY A 15 yr. Old SCHOOL KID IN ARIZONA :

New Pledge of Allegiance (TOTALLY AWESOME) !

Since the Pledge of Allegiance
And
The Lord's Prayer
Are not allowed in most
Public schools anymore
Because the word 'God' is mentioned....
A kid in Arizona wrote the attached

NEW School prayer :

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks..
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

If you aren't ashamed to do this,
Please pass this on.
Jesus said,
'If you are ashamed of me,
I will be ashamed of you before my Father.'

Not ashamed. Pass this on.

Ed Donnelly
04-23-2009, 09:05 AM
When is all the money going to be destroyed and replaced with
"In God we trust" removed?????????

When you decide to make a new country your home,
shouldn't you abide by their centuries old heritage???

My daughter attends a catholic school and they are trying to ban the lords prayer in the morning, as it offends the muslam children.......
Why the hell are they attending catholic schools??
because it is their right........Give me a break..
I can't send my kids to muslam school and have them ban praying to allah.

We soon won't have any rights left

Sorry for rambling Mop..............Ed

BigGrizzly
04-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I can see some youth have it right, there is still hope. My brother does not believe in god but he salutes the flag and nobody will stop him from saying the Pledge of Allegiance. He is a patriot as his Father, Mother, Brothers and Sister are and always will be. He has never in his entire life EVER let the flag of the United States of America touch the ground. His wife is the same and always wear a US flag on their Jackets, even when they visited Russia. Methere was only one forth of July in 63 years that I did not wear the flag and/or my dads Arny Service pin. That day I was racing a motorcycle in 1973 at Bridge Hampton New York and I had left them home.

zelatore
04-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I was going to stay out of this one but sometimes I just can't stop myself from opening my mouth. :wink:

First, I seriously doubt this was written by a kid. It just smells like the typical BS written to stir up trouble. It's possible, and I have no proof one way or the other. I'm just saying if it quacks like a duck....

Also, some of the comments in the 'prayer' are pretty out there. It's now OK to swear in schools? There's no dress code at all?

My opinion - and it's only my opinion - if a kid wants to pray in a public school that's fine, but he probably should keep it to himself. Prayer is a personal matter anyway and not for public consumption. I have no issue with a kid taking a moment to bow his head before lunch or before taking that test. Now if he expect the whole class to do it that's not right for obvious reasons.

As usual, a little consideration for other people's beliefs (on both sides) and this would be a non-issue. Instead, both sides want to go to extremes.

On the other hand, if it's a private school the rules are different. If you aren't taking public funding, you get to do whatever you want (OK, not WHATEVER you want, but you know what I mean). Make the kids all take a divinity class? OK. Make the kids all pray at the beginning of the day? Hey, if you don't like it nobody said you had to be here....

Frankly, given the state of CA's public school funding issues they'd BETTER start praying! At this point, they're already getting HALF of the state budget. Normally, I'm willing to vote for taxes that go toward schools even though I have no kids in them, but NO MORE. You want more money? How about asking the parents of the kids who are getting this education to pay a little extra instead of me?

McGary911
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
It does seem like someone's trying to sound like a 15 year old, but shot low by a few years. They have a pretty poor understanding of the 1st ammendment as well, so in that case I DO hope it's a kid.

The best news here is that Phil found Snopes! :beer::beer:

Good job man!

Oh and ED. That's crazy about your daughter's school. Like me going to McDonald's and being pissed I can't get a whopper. Not sure how things work in the great white north, but it sounds like the folks running that school are making some bad decisions.

BigGrizzly
04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Zel I do agree with you on the real prayer issue, and the school taxes. Now when I lived in Long Beach, My wife and I decided that our youngest was not going to public schools. Nuff said by me on that.