PDA

View Full Version : procharger coolant hoses

zelatore
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I could use some help on this.

Anybody who's got a procharger installed on an injected 454/502 - can you either try to describe or better yet post a pic of how you've run your cooling lines to the crossover?

The manual basically says insert the included 3" coupler into the water outlet hose from the fuel cooler then use the included 90* elbow to attach that to the hose barb on the crossover.

Except it doesn't work like that.

I've got the coupler and although it's not exactly a 90* elbow, I've got the hose they provided. I'm sure this is the hose they meant to use because it has the correct size ends to mate to the crossover (different sizes).

I messed with it for at least an hour last night before giving up figuring I must just be tired and it would be evident when I got back to it today. No, all that's evident today is that there's no way the stock stuff will fit.

I'm about say screw it and brave the kids at Kragen (uh, what kind of car is that?) to see if I can just look through their in-stock hose assortment to find something shaped remotely like I need.

I've found a number of errors like this during the installation. I was planning to have the motor in the boat today but these sort of setbacks might nix that.
:mad:

The Hedgehog
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
It is raining now but when it stops I will get you some detailed pics of my install.

It will be different since I plumbed the intercooler with it's own pickup

zelatore
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I paid a visit to the local auto parts store and they let me comb through their hose inventory until I found some stuff I could make work. It's not perfect, but I got it together. Pics on my 'coming out party thread'

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56721&page=5

BigGrizzly
04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Zel, That U hose was cut too short even the carb version uses longer ends. Call them and complain they will fix you up. Or you can det two silicon 3 1/2 angles with a SS connector for relativly cheap price.