PDA

View Full Version : Google chrome

DonziJon
04-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Anybody know anythig about this? I downloaded this a couple of days ago..thinking it was just an update to my "regular" Google. It's NOT. I Did NOT Install It. It looks like a replacement for Internet Explorer, Mozilla. etc. A Browser.

I use IE6. I tried IE7 and it wreaked havok with my system for two months until I figured out what happened. I uninstalled IE7 and everything went back to NICE. No problems since. :)

I guess I'm BACKWARD. I know there are newer IEs...but I have no interest. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

Just wondering about Google Chrome. John

zelatore
04-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm running it on both my home and work PC's.

No real problems. A few nice features but nothing ground-breaking. It's maybe/sorta faster than IE.

My main problem was at the office I had gotten so buggy I was having big problems with IE. I couldn't even get updates to download and install because I crashed every time I tried. So I tried this and it's happy.

Best feature: spell checker....I get little red underlines anytime I'm filling in a text box.....like thiss.... just like in Word. My spelling/typing being what it is, this is a Good Thing.

zelatore
04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
BTW, it's not a replacement exactly, just an alternative. You can always install it and try it. If you don't like it, IE will still be there.

DonziJon
04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
BTW, it's not a replacement exactly, just an alternative. You can always install it and try it. If you don't like it, IE will still be there.

Thanks Don for the info. I had even started to wonder if you could have BOTH on the computer at the same time and Select whichever one I wanted to use during any given session, without one interfering with the other. As you can guess, I'm not all that literate with computers and don't like to take unnecessary risks. It's all Way TO SCARY. :yes: