PDA

View Full Version : Winter a little late!

MOP
04-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I have spoken about doing a good vent job when covering your boat come winter, I am in the process of waking up the beast and shot some pic's of my vent setup. I park the boat in a slot between my neighbor and me, quite a bit of wind flow, I have diagonal cut 4" light PVC tube front and back. These as you will see are connected to a ridge tube that is a 10 foot section of PVC drainage pipe, as long as there is any breeze there is good flow through my cover. To make up for light air days I have a solar powered deck vent in a PVC tube that I stick under the cover op front, believe me when I say my boat is dusty dry when I remove the cover, keeping the boat dry during the storage period is super important. Most of use pull the carpet and interior and store it inside, but moisture can still screw with gauges, wiring and also get things pretty moldy. Notice good support should be used, I do three spots plus some rope to support the canvas, and use pipe insulation on the windshield which I also tow with the protect the canvas. Some shots below after I pulled it onto the driveway and started to pull it apart.

Phil

Ghost
04-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I dig it--some quality American engineering. (Though I want to call it "der Mopschnorkel.")

MOP
04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Mr. Galt would approve!