PDA

View Full Version : new gas tank needed

Donzi Vol
04-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Alright, so the next step in the triple hatch restoration is getting the new gas tank in. What firm/company do I need to contact for the blueprints and/or tank?

Thanks in advance...

gcarter
04-16-2009, 07:50 PM
You've a couple of choices while you're at this.
You can go with the original type 25 gal. or so tank and minimise the work.
Or, you can go with the later 41 gal. tank which requires the relocation of the aft retaining bulkhead. It's not much of a bulkhead so it's easy to relocate it. You also lose the central floor storage unless you modify the original insert. It can be done.
The company, or one of them, is RDS in Perry, FL. I think the other company is Florida Marine Tanks in South Florida.

penbroke
04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
I designed a tank for mine that is about 35 gal. and allows the storage well to remain in place with no modification. Just had to move the bulkhead. Has a combo electric/sight gage under the sight glass in the sole as well. Had it built by RDS and was very happy with their price, service and quality. There were a couple of issues that they took care of with minimal delay and no cost to me.

Also if you route the fuel line down the inside of the stringer you will have full access to everything in the future without removing the deck just by pulling up the syorage well.

Frank

Donzi Vol
04-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys. We've toyed with moving the bulkhead...not sure just yet. We'll put all the elements together and see what happens.

bobwpe
04-17-2009, 07:05 AM
When I did mine, I went with a 34 gallon tank from RDS similar to penbroke. The only thing I would add is to make sure the fuel fill is as far forward as possible. Another 1/2" on mine would have saved me alot of grinding and !$%@&*?!.