PDA

View Full Version : Flag Pole

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
My boat had a flag pole mount when I bought it, and the location was good so I decided to keep it.

Anyone know where to get a pole for it? this is the best pic I have of it.

Or, better than that would be to just make my own pole (i.e. less money). anyone know what might hold up in the wind?

BlownCrewCab
04-15-2009, 10:42 AM
A solid aluminum Bar. Could even get it anodized your favorite color.

DonziJon
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
My boat had a flag pole mount when I bought it, and the location was good so I decided to keep it.

Anyone know where to get a pole for it? this is the best pic I have of it.

Or, better than that would be to just make my own pole (i.e. less money). anyone know what might hold up in the wind?

Is this flagpole socket on the foredeck or the fantail? Just wondering. John

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Is this flagpole socket on the foredeck or the fantail? Just wondering. John

here's the zoom out shot. it was taken a while ago while I was still putting things back together...

DonziJon
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM
here's the zoom out shot. it was taken a while ago while I was still putting things back together...

OK: I can see it now. Nice looking Minx. Off the shelf flag sockets usually come in two or three standard sizes by inside socket diameter. Wherever the sockets are sold.....almost anywhere I would think, would have a mahogany flag staff that would fit. Even True Value Hardware would have it. I would stay away from a metal staff because it could slip right out of the socket during vigourous driving and dissappear over the side. ....AND it won't float. A wood staff will float and be less inclined to "leave" the socket in the first place, because of its mass. :yes: John

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
OK: I can see it now. Nice looking Minx. Off the shelf flag sockets usually come in two or three standard sizes by inside socket diameter. Wherever the sockets are sold.....almost anywhere I would think, would have a mahogany flag staff that would fit. Even True Value Hardware would have it. I would stay away from a metal staff because it could slip right out of the socket during vigourous driving and dissappear over the side. ....AND it won't float. A wood staff will float and be less inclined to "leave" the socket in the first place, because of its mass. :yes: John

Thanks, great advice:)

handfulz28
04-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Is there a hole for a screw, or set screw? Will help no matter which material you go with. If you want to make your own, you can also get just the flag clips.

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Is there a hole for a screw, or set screw? Will help no matter which material you go with. If you want to make your own, you can also get just the flag clips.

Threaded hole for a set screw. I have to get one, but it shouldn't be too hard to get one because our local ACE has Stainless in stock and they are flexible enough to let me go outside and try things.

ACE, Napa, and a few other stores have become like 2nd homes

BUIZILLA
04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
hmmmmm

secret stash..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cool!:

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
hmmmmm

secret stash..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cool!:

cash money, and I was hoping for a project for my father-in-law this weekend. wife is going to S. Fla., leaving me with him and my daughter. He's the kind of guy that has to be kept busy or he falls asleep.:kingme:

p729lws
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
My old 22 came w/ a similar flag holder but it had a pin that went all the way through the pole. I think the pole was aluminum tube. I'll have to dig up a photo...

Dan

Ghost
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
From here it looks like a standard 3/4" inside diameter fitting. Possibly 1". Wood staffs and flags for that are available at West Marine for sure. Something like the hw store might save some bucks.

See what you mean about the locale--looks great and set up well for flying the flag.

p729lws
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
These are from before I owned my 22. Couldn't find anything closer.

Dan

BUIZILLA
04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
cash money, and I was hoping for a project for my father-in-law this weekend. wife is going to S. Fla., leaving me with him and my daughter. He's the kind of guy that has to be kept busy or he falls asleep.:kingme: PM me a UPS addy...

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
PM me a UPS addy...

PM sent... lunch is on me when we meet:cool!:

VetteLT193
04-15-2009, 10:27 PM
These are from before I owned my 22. Couldn't find anything closer.
Dan

There is something about a red or blue Donzi with an American Flag waving on the back. I'm just a sucker for it I guess. NICE PICS!!!!