PDA

View Full Version : Merc wants me to put this back in my drive

Ranman
04-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Brunswick Product Protection, the administrators of my extended warrenty want me to put this gearset back in my Bravo III. They say it's fine, my mech says it's not and that he won't stand behind the work if it goes back in. So far, Brunswick won't pay to replace it when I think they should. This all stems from a faulty o-ring that let water into my drive. Brunswick has approved all of the other work (bearings, seals, labor, etc on this $4000 bill, but doesn;t want to pay for the $1100 upper gearset. The person at Brunswick I'm working with is next to useless. What would you do? Any advice?

mrfixxall
04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Brunswick Product Protection, the administrators of my extended warrenty want me to put this gearset back in my Bravo III. They say it's fine, my mech says it's not and that he won't stand behind the work if it goes back in. So far, Brunswick won't pay to replace it when I think they should. This all stems from a faulty o-ring that let water into my drive. Brunswick has approved all of the other work (bearings, seals, labor, etc on this $4000 bill, but doesn;t want to pay for the $1100 upper gearset. The person at Brunswick I'm working with is next to useless. What would you do? Any advice?

Offer to split the cost differance with them or throw the gearset back in and when it goes bad again make sure its really bad to the point where they have to replace the whole drive:biggrin:

penbroke
04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
How long is left on your extended warrenty? They only need it to last untill then...

Frank

BUIZILLA
04-13-2009, 08:18 PM
there is already a stepped wear pattern across the bottom face out..

won't last 50 hours... :frown:

Ranman
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
How long is left on your extended warrenty? They only need it to last untill then...
Frank

Yeah, that's the kicker. The warranty was good through 3/28/2009. I filed the claim on 3/15/2009. This is it for the warranty. I'm contending that they should put it back together right this time.

mphatc
04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
As Buizilla said . . .
don't reassemble, replace it, and negotiate a happy medium, and move on . . boating season is here!
Mario
68 Magnum 27
69 Corsican

MOP
04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
No way! They look terrible, like said above do what ever you have to but do it right.

Just Say N20
04-14-2009, 06:45 AM
I wondered what happened to Mr. Magoo after his cartoon work. It would appear he is your Brunswick contact. :biggrin:

BigGrizzly
04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I do not even want to comment, YOU ALREADY KNOW MY ANSWER.