PDA

View Full Version : Is your cell phone tapped???

MOP
04-13-2009, 06:40 AM
This is a wake up call!

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=cell+phone+tapping&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=lSzjSYyKBsTVlQfek7HgDg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

boxy
04-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Phil the link seems to be disabled....

TqSY-shauos

MOP
04-13-2009, 07:16 AM
The link worked off the Times site, Googled Utube for another link and got a bunch!

boxy
04-13-2009, 07:55 AM
If Tom Arnold and Chris Farley had that technology they wouldn't need the van ......

ydpl0bgL_Kw

Trueser
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm having trouble with my battery. I think I got some bad Rum.

roadtrip se
04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
and not into your phone on the bar...

Dang-it, and all I thought I had to worry about was my cell phone burning brain cells up, when I talked on it. I do try to switch ears fairly regularily to keep the burn rate even.

So how did everybody like the drink specials yesterday? Obviously the shot special was just a preview of what might actually be offered at AOTH, the beer and metamucil was an abysmal failure, but it looks like the bloodies went over nicely....

Keep it up and we will all be living in a van down by the river, or to be more precise in my instance, I'll be living in a double-wide down by the lake!

txtaz
04-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Dang-it, and all I thought I had to worry about was my cell phone burning brain cells up, when I talked on it. I do try to switch ears fairly regularily to keep the burn rate even.

OHHHHH MAN!!!!! Should I, Should I???? This would be too easy.

OK, I'll play nice since I might be seeing you next week. :biggrin:

roadtrip se
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Wes. The Beer and Metamucil combo was mixed more for my own personal taste. Helps me choke down and digest all of the BS that seems to keep popping up here...

Now back to the van as I have got some double-wide shopping to do...

mattyboy
04-13-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8L-ZZSc8JU

Ghost
04-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Folks, I have to say that as much as I enjoy movie clips and booze, I think they're in the wrong thread. I don't think it will make me popular, but I can't see how these barrages are anything but deliberate hijacks. Frankly, it seems pretty rude to me. What happened to decent "live and let live" sentiment? Can't stand what someone posts all the time? Put him on ignore, right? Done. But to do something else strikes me as beneath us here.

Are people tapping cell phones? Hell, are they hacking computers and listening/viewing? The technology certainly seems reasonable. They are programmable, they have microphones and cameras, and I bet there are ways to turn them against their owners in this regard. Is is done at all? I don't know. Is it done on a large scale? I don't know. But the concept is interesting.

The guy who wrote the Internet Worm (from Cornell I think) did so, in large measure, to prove it COULD be done. To prove it to people who argued with him that it couldn't be done. (Humorously, he set a parameter badly, and it ended up being malicious largely by accident. It was never intended so slow whole networks to a crawl.) But if you think this stuff can't be done, I bet you're mistaken. That mentality would have never believed virus scanning would become standard equipment for everyone.

My point? If you don't like the topic of this thread, or others, fine. But can we be a bit more civil here? And if we can't, can someone tap the uncivil folks' phone cams and post THOSE movie clips? :)

(Or, if EVERYONE involved is just having fun and nobody thinks it is rude, well, the joke's on me. You got me, hook, like, and sinker. My apologies for misunderstanding.)

Regards,

Mike

penbroke
04-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Folks, I have to say that as much as I enjoy movie clips and booze, I think they're in the wrong thread. I don't think it will make me popular, but I can't see how these barrages are anything but deliberate hijacks. Frankly, it seems pretty rude to me. What happened to decent "live and let live" sentiment? Can't stand what someone posts all the time? Put him on ignore, right? Done. But to do something else strikes me as beneath us here.

Are people tapping cell phones? Hell, are they hacking computers and listening/viewing? The technology certainly seems reasonable. They are programmable, they have microphones and cameras, and I bet there are ways to turn them against their owners in this regard. Is is done at all? I don't know. Is it done on a large scale? I don't know. But the concept is interesting.

The guy who wrote the Internet Worm (from Cornell I think) did so, in large measure, to prove it COULD be done. To prove it to people who argued with him that it couldn't be done. (Humorously, he set a parameter badly, and it ended up being malicious largely by accident. It was never intended so slow whole networks to a crawl.) But if you think this stuff can't be done, I bet you're mistaken. That mentality would have never believed virus scanning would become standard equipment for everyone.

My point? If you don't like the topic of this thread, or others, fine. But can we be a bit more civil here? And if we can't, can someone tap the uncivil folks' phone cams and post THOSE movie clips? :)

(Or, if EVERYONE involved is just having fun and nobody thinks it is rude, well, the joke's on me. You got me, hook, like, and sinker. My apologies for misunderstanding.)

Regards,

Mike

Thank you.

Frank

roadtrip se
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
My favorite Farley of all time... Awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4STTYu-wkU

mattyboy
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
seriuosly in starting a thread with a link to a video search that comes up with more than one video and then viewing one of those videos and bringing up a more diverse list it is like 6 degrees of seperation, then the thread and it topics loose it course as the idea or topic gets lost. responses are sometimes not meant to the topic but more to a response of a response then there fore the thread takes on a life of it's own. can this be expected in the whatever you want section well i guess it is not a stretch perhaps maybe a thread about cell phone technology use or misuse should be posted in the pc technology section where it could get it proper attention as people see fit
rude I don't know lack of manners ??? perhaps maybe the thread starter should put the time in, and post a link to a video or url that makes or proves his point or set the tone for the topic of the thread. not post a link to a search that has multiple variants that lead to trees and trees of other info.
or perhaps that was the intended purpose of the thread was to have the viewer peruse countless videos and waste their time.
so now i am confused on who or what is rude but hey I am from NY rude comes with the territory
and I find that links to videos are quick concise ways to respond in a manner that lets the responders view point be seen in everyday life situations that can be understood in a common media that most are familiar with
;)

Trueser
04-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Bartender.... over here

BUIZILLA
04-13-2009, 03:21 PM
bottom of the ninth...

2 out..

2 on base...

:troll:

Trueser
04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Who's on First?

mattyboy
04-13-2009, 03:27 PM
see I start typing a response instead of posting a video of my response and dam I miss the first round

I hate when that happens

txtaz
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
so now i am confused on who or what is rude but hey I am from NY rude comes with the territory

rut ro raggy....Matty's from NY, MOP's from NY I think it's a conspiracy. HEY!!!! OVER HERE!!!!! CONSPIRACY, COMSPIRACY!!!! I called it.

hey bartender, I'll have what Mike's having unless it's an RT concoction.

To be on topic....

Yes your cell phone can be bugged with an app or snagged with a sniffer or intercepted/blocked with some serious electronics. Nothing new here. Been going on for years. To protect yourself, don't download any apps onto your phone or lose physical security of it. You know, normal stuff in a life of tech.

RT, trips off. Boat sold. Damn.

boxy
04-13-2009, 04:17 PM
seriuosly in starting a thread with a link to a video search that comes up with more than one video and then viewing one of those videos and bringing up a more diverse list it is like 6 degrees of seperation, then the thread and it topics loose it course as the idea or topic gets lost. responses are sometimes not meant to the topic but more to a response of a response then there fore the thread takes on a life of it's own. can this be expected in the whatever you want section well i guess it is not a stretch perhaps maybe a thread about cell phone technology use or misuse should be posted in the pc technology section where it could get it proper attention as people see fit
rude I don't know lack of manners ??? perhaps maybe the thread starter should put the time in, and post a link to a video or url that makes or proves his point or set the tone for the topic of the thread. not post a link to a search that has multiple variants that lead to trees and trees of other info.
or perhaps that was the intended purpose of the thread was to have the viewer peruse countless videos and waste their time.
and I find that links to videos are quick concise ways to respond in a manner that lets the responders view point be seen in everyday life situations that can be understood in a common media that most are familiar with
;)

With apologies to my friends South of the Border, 6 clicks from MOP's link took me here.......

Video removed.

Ghost
04-13-2009, 05:22 PM
;)

I can see some of this. Maybe it was a different experience for me in that I clicked the link once and went right to a page with a video that worked. -Mike

robbielee
04-15-2009, 01:02 PM
1965 donzi sweet sixteen 289 inboard all original for sale call rob at (631) 294-0682 yellow with white stripe

roadtrip se
04-15-2009, 01:24 PM
1965 donzi sweet sixteen 289 inboard all original for sale call rob at (631) 294-0682 yellow with white stripe

I guess this is as relevant to cell phones as Chris Farley and beer talk.

C'mon over buddy, pull up a chair and let's talk about that there boat you have for sale....