PDA

View Full Version : hitchin' a ride

rbarna
04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm looking to hitch a ride on a 22C somewhere near New York City.

I'm planning on buying one and would like to get a baseline experience in one and talk with a knowledgeable owner who isn't trying to get me to buy their boat.

Can supply gas and beer!

-Ross

Dr. Dan
04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
:cool!:I will be doing some Splash Testing prior to going out to Kentucky. I usually put in on the Upper Chesapeake Bay in NorthEast Md, Exit 100 on I-95 & Route 272. Anchor Marine at the Naughty Goose.

I will be happy to have you join me - but I would not consider my 22 a good baseline for you to judge others by, but I have quite a bit of seat time in it and many here can vouch for my credibility and experience level with my ride. I would be happy to answer any questions and show you around my stomping grounds... we can grab a good Dinner or Lunch locally.

Email me if you are interested in connecting, also I would suggest you join us at the Lake George Spring Dust Off - Weekend of June 13th this year...you can have all the adivice you can stand. Check out the events section if you are interested in info.

Also if things behave I may be doing the Hudson River Fun Run on May 2nd... I have to check my work schedule but that might be an option for you also.

Good Luck in Your Search...

BTW - Mine is sold already ...so no worries!

Talk Soon

Doc :biggrin.:

mattyboy
04-13-2009, 07:20 AM
the dustoff would be the best event to catch a ride in any classic model with a wide variety of 22 classics from stock to "STOCK" in attendance . we can get your a ride in one

It is a 3-3.5 hour ride north from the NYC westchester area up the thruway

it is the weekend of june 12 thru 14th this year check the event section here and also www.lgdonziclassic.com for information if you have any questions drop me a line

mnmveth@optonline.net

BUIZILLA
04-13-2009, 08:06 AM
BTW - Mine is sold already did you really think we wouldn't notice this tidbit.. :rolleyes: