PDA

View Full Version : 1963 16???

Donziweasel
04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Very nice boat....

http://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/1118969104.html

Just Say N20
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Matty, did they make a 16 in 1963, or could it be a typo?

zelatore
04-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Boat looks pretty nice in the pics, but that sure 'nuff don't look like 1963 power, gauges, or controls...not that there's anything wrong with updating, it would just be nice to mention it in the ad.

VetteLT193
04-13-2009, 07:11 AM
It's pretty well documented that the first 16 was in 1964. Most of the anniversary boats use that date for the beginning of Donzi. All actually, except the '88 25th anniversary which used 1963 but that pretty much is chalked up to a mistake at this point.

So... who the heck knows what year that boat is.

jl1962
04-13-2009, 07:15 AM
This boat has been discussed before. It has changed hands at least twice in the past three years - possibly in the high teens. The "collection" referred to may have included the so called X-18 brochure boat which also sold in the last year or so. I can't remember all the details of the 16 history but it may have been a gift from Aronow to a friend and was found and restored many years later by the friend's son. Not sure if it is a '63 or a '64 but definitely an early although much restored Ski Sporter. Seems a bit pricey but who knows??????

JL

mattyboy
04-13-2009, 07:40 AM
sorry won't discuss a boat in the for sale section , this as nothing to do with the condition of this boat or any boat, but more a person belief that questions and discussion on boats, their origin, originality, and condition and value need to be discussed in the whatever section not the for sale section .

an ad is an ad, if you are interested in the boat contact the seller and work it out. If you think someone you know might want the boat send them the link, but if you just want to discuss the boat then put it in a it's proper section.
If you have question on the boat and want input from board members or want to discuss it, or it's value or condition then cut and paste the link in the whatever section. and we can discuss the boat .

Donziweasel
04-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Matty, you just spent 3 pages discussing that Spitfire, and you did most of the discussing.....

I would like to know the history behind this boat.....

mattyboy
04-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Matty, you just spent 3 pages discussing that Spitfire, and you did most of the discussing.....
I would like to know the history behind this boat.....

yes and I shouldn't have done it that was a mistake on my part and I took the discussion offline and followed up with a phone call to an interested party or I should have started a new thread to give the info outside of the for sale section on the model and that boat .

again I have been a big offender in this part and I am trying to change my ways.

DW
answer these questions and see if helps explain my point

are you( not you personally but the poster of the thread) trying sell the boat???
do you(same "you" as the first one) know the seller??
are you interested in buying the boat?
surfing this boat came up and I have questions on it or the facts stated in the ad and want to discuss them but I am not interested in purchasing it?

:)

Donziweasel
04-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh come on Matty, lighten up a little. Anytime someone throws out a unique Donzi on boats for sale, it draws a discussion.

This boat is on about every Craigslist west of Wyoming, including, CO, ID, WA, OR, CA and NV. He has made a statement in the ad that is pretty big.

Now, you were talking the Holy Grail of rare Donzi's, could his be the holy grail of 16's?

I understand your side Matty, and if you want to start a new thread on it, go ahead. I would like to know your comments.

That being said, if someone from here was looking at it, the discussion here on the claims in the ad could help them make a decision, one way or the other.

Beautiful boat.

shotgunlab
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM
listed on seattle craigslist today:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1135174426.html

Donzi Vol
04-22-2009, 06:01 PM
He's dropped the price. Cool history to go along with the boat. That's usually what intrigues me...too bad I don't have 23 grand sitting around:frown: