PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Ram ?'s

Last Real Texan
04-12-2009, 08:00 AM
So sick of the slow factory ram that takes on full beer to get open....looking for a faster ram that is more effective....what is the best way to go about this...Hydraulic or electric.....What is the best, and fastest system out there.....?

Oh by the way.....I'm Baaaack........................... the 45 days of nonstop work are done....at last for a week or two....

Tex

BigGrizzly
04-12-2009, 08:47 AM
OK Tex, The fastest around are the hydraulic ram ones and they are also the most powerful. I will never change the Criterion hatch just for that reason. I did see some where a set of double actuator hinges, like on a car hood that were quick too but I don't remember where. It was the same place I saw quick change blower pulies for the procharger, whish I could remember where.

MOP
04-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Fastest setup I have ever seen was where one of my customers had hydraulic converted to air, air moves through a system much faster then any liquid. The one annoying thing was the compressor running off and on while it was up, the rams seal would hiss lightly while it was up. I used to lower it down onto a hunk of 2X4 so I did not have to listen to it while I was working on the engines.

BigGrizzly
04-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Phil you should see mine operate. The noise is of the trim pump and my wife splashing in the water if she doesn't get off the hatch fast enough:biggrin.: OH yes don't put your finger under the hatch as it comes down, not pretty:rolleyes:

zelatore
04-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Phil you should see mine operate. The noise is of the trim pump and my wife splashing in the water if she doesn't get off the hatch fast enough:biggrin.:
:rlol::rlol::rlol:

Conquistador_del_mar
04-12-2009, 12:19 PM
So sick of the slow factory ram that takes on full beer to get open....looking for a faster ram that is more effective....what is the best way to go about this...Hydraulic or electric.....What is the best, and fastest system out there.....?

Oh by the way.....I'm Baaaack........................... the 45 days of nonstop work are done....at last for a week or two....

Tex

They claim these are fast. Bill

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=9567