PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Day on the Water

fogducker III
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Sunshine, 15* and FLAT calm the other day, I skipped out of work early with the excuse of doing a "site inspection".........

I run a small metal flashing fabricating shop for a large roofing company, one of our crews are doing an install on a large expensive house on Saturna Island, I arrived for a "site inspection" and the boys got a good laugh, the boss won't cover my submitted expense report for marine fuel, launch fees, nachos or beer though...........:garfield::rolleyes:

I passed a couple of fantastic wood sail boats with groups of kids learning to sail, I am not a "blow-boater" but you have to appreciate the beauty of these things............:worthy:

mrfixxall
04-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Sunshine, 15* and FLAT calm the other day, I skipped out of work early with the excuse of doing a "site inspection".........

I run a small metal flashing fabricating shop for a large roofing company, one of our crews are doing an install on a large expensive house on Saturna Island, I arrived for a "site inspection" and the boys got a good laugh, the boss won't cover my submitted expense report for marine fuel, launch fees, nachos or beer though...........:garfield::rolleyes:

I passed a couple of fantastic wood sail boats with groups of kids learning to sail, I am not a "blow-boater" but you have to appreciate the beauty of these things............:worthy:

15* and the guy on the sailboat is in a t-shirt,you B.C. guys are nuts:biggrin.:
i like how the woodin sailboat is towing their life raft lol.

boxy
04-10-2009, 10:06 AM
60 degrees is Tshirt weather .... :D

Nice hardhat Fog.

fogducker III
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
The boat being towed is a Zodiac stacked up with Kayaks, looked like they had been out for a few days...........

WCB here in BC is strict about hard hats on "job sites"............:rolleyes::stan:

roadtrip se
04-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I got to get up there.

Ghost
04-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I am not a "blow-boater" but you have to appreciate the beauty of these things............:worthy:

Agreed. These guys must be incredibly expensive, but it looks like they do nice work:

http://www.workingsail.co.uk/index.html