PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis Run. 5-28 / 5-31

Jraysray
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
OK, we have a date set. 5-28 through 5-31. Three boats have commited to showing, they are Jraysray (ME) Feggettes (Steve) and Jimischooch (JIM).

The idea is to show up, run your boat and do what you feel like doing. Get together whenever you feel, boat together or alone, raft up or not, it's all low key and easy. Im sure we will pack together but no hard dictated schedules please. We can discuss what to do over drinks the night before.

We have two local experts Steve and Jim. They are willing to help with the logistics and housing needs. Jim lives there on the water and Steve has stayed on the water many times.

So chime in!!! Come on and commit to the trip! 3 boats and counting.

fegettes
04-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I just reserved a 2 Bedroom villa for the 28th, 29th, and 30th at:

http://www.theislandonlaketravis.com/

Great place, and the prices seem decent too. I talked with Heidi Barrick at: 512-267-4887 She said that if we reserve three villas we can get a group rate, a 10% discount, and I reserved my villa under "The Donzi Group". She also said that there were only three boat slips left available, and I took one of them. She also said the boat slips were about 40' long, so I can easily share with another boat. And they have an available open boat ramp.

I'm excited aleady. :boat: :fam:

Incidentally, the down side of going to Lake Travis is that when I went back home, it took a couple weeks before I would put my boat back in that brackish water of Clear Lake.

txtaz
04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Might want to check out the ramps to see which are open.

Here is the LRCA site

http://www.lcra.org/parks/boat_ramp_info.html

Jim, Do you know of a place on the South side such as around lakeway? It would be easier that driving around the lake.

jimishooch
04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
lakeway marina has a ramp (free) but you can't leave a vehicle. if you splash and take your vehicle your all right, that's at mile marker 16. the sailing club at hurst harbor has a ramp open for a fee and possibly leave a vehicle, mile marker 14. then there's always mansfield dam at mile marker 1 for a fee and can leave vehicle, LCRA county park. those are the big 3 drought ramps on the south side of the lake that i know of and have used.
now if you ask me about the northside i don't have a clue, well.....because..... i live on the southside.

jimishooch
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
here you go guys, you can call to see if a ramp is still open and such. briarcliff ramp is closed;

http://laketravisrental.net/default.asp_Q_f_E_cpg_A_pg_E_Marinas

Jraysray
04-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Room reserved for the 28th, 29th, 30th. Make sure you ask for Hedi to get your discount! See Steves prior post. :biggrin.:

Jraysray
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
ok, yeah/nay from the following:

Jim G ?
Jefe
JeffH ?
Captdennisgray ?
Tischavsky ?
TX TAZ ?
Habormaster ?
Tmann ?
Chad VanDyke (Dunno your online ID)

I think steve wants to make some night runs! Full moon and all. How cool is that?

Guy's just make the weekend. You can do it. Tejas style. Double in rooms if we need to.

fegettes
04-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't forget jimishooch.

jimishooch
04-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Don't forget jimishooch.

open year round!

txtaz
04-10-2009, 03:26 PM
We may make it. Working on getting a boat.

Keep ya'll informed.

JimG
04-10-2009, 09:58 PM
We are a possible day trip...

harbormaster
04-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I will try to make it if schedule permits

JeffH
04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I can do a day for sure (with over night stay). Daughter graduating from high school has me all tied up. Working on two days, just don't know which ones yet!

JeffH
04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Well, the boss has informed me that since Graduation is Saturday, I am going to be busy on Thursday and Friday getting the house ready for our guest.

While I am happy to get one out of the house, I am extremely dissapointed that I will not be able to go Travis that weekend!

Sorry guys, I am out.

Team Jefe
04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Looks like that is a theme for the Jeff's. Team Jefe is out as well. I just have too much rreal life stuff pressing at me right now and need to keep my focus there instead of the one big boat party I have been doing lately.

Sorry folks, but I know the show will go on.

fegettes
04-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Bummer!

Sorry to hear that JeffH and Team Jefe. There will be pics posted and I am sure regrets if you don't make it. Lake Travis is one of the best lakes in Texas. ..... Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Jraysray
04-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Bummer!

Sorry to hear that JeffH and Team Jefe. There will be pics posted and I am sure regrets if you don't make it. Lake Travis is one of the best lakes in Texas. ..... Well, that's my opinion anyway.

You know it! Come on guy's pony up. Day trippers are cool, maybe an overnighter. It wont hurt that bad we have 3 committed and looking going for a fourth!

txtaz
04-22-2009, 06:47 AM
We're in. Finally got a boat, not a Donzi but it should out run everyone in a scary way.:shocking::bonk::nilly:

I need to do some work on it and get it in the water for testing but it should be good to go.

Jraysray
04-29-2009, 09:08 PM
reminder..... :)

jimishooch
04-30-2009, 08:32 AM
+1....

Jraysray
05-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Word is that we might have a special guest or two. They are special to me anyhow. You guy's riding that AOTH high might wan't to boogie on down.. :)

Jraysray
05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
reminder

fegettes
05-26-2009, 06:50 AM
The weather is looking good for the weekend.

jimishooch, what is a good way to get a hold of you? We will be in the water Thursday afternoon.

Steve
281-728-1704

jimishooch
05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
The weather is looking good for the weekend.

jimishooch, what is a good way to get a hold of you? We will be in the water Thursday afternoon.

Steve
281-728-1704

h 512.301.9116
c 512.922.3098

briarcliff marina, cat hollow cove, mile marker 26 south side. the cove is no wake but won't take long to get thru. merge left at the split and i'm the first dock on the left past the ship store.

anybody coming by land to hitch a ride or hang out call me for directions.

we are in a low pressure weather pattern right now. had rain saturday afternoon and early sunday afternoon but didn't last for more than an hour.

jim

Team Jefe
05-26-2009, 11:22 AM
I am going to TRY...TRY, to make a day trup Saturday...No promises, but I will know more later in the week.....

txtaz
05-26-2009, 02:10 PM
We are out. :hangum:

I started a contract today 1 week late and they still weren't ready. Looks like I'm working the weekend.

Jraysray
05-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I know you guys are tired of me bumping this little get together to the top but I am excited about it. Sounds like we have a real mixed bag of nuts showing up. Who knows maybe this will work into something special.

On the road tomorrow. Wes bring that new toy down take a day off! Jefe,,,, you got my #..

txtaz
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Scott, I'll see what I can do. We may make it depending on if SysAdmins are going to have things done or work the weekend. PM me your number, I'll give a call on Saturday if we make it up there.

Any word from HM?

txtaz
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Cleaned up, fueled up and hooked up. See ya'll in the am.

txtaz
05-31-2009, 12:15 PM
What a day. Nice weather, lake was calm with few boats. Got to meet some new friends and do some running.

This was the first time we have had to get the Advantage out and put some time on it. We ran about 100+ miles. I aired it out a little (6800 RPM's), don't know the speed but it was well north of 65 and I had lots of throttle left. The GPS battery ran out. I know, I know. I have the wiring harness for it, just need to put it in.

We ran up the lake for a while, beached and chatted. Then ran down to a cove to raft up. Scott needed to change his shorts after hitting the cruiser wake at speed. I managed to knock the front engine cover off after coming down on the other side. No biggy, it just slides right on. I might want to tighten that up for the next 3' wake jump.

Jim and his wife were gracious hosts putting out a very nice spread for us after our run. Thanks Jim, that was very nice and boy can she cook. Is she available for PK? :popcorn::)

Mrs Taz got some serious sun and I am still hearing about it. I think next time she will opt for the sun screen over the oil.:nilly:

All in all a great day. Maybe the first of????

Jraysray
06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey, I wasn’t changing them it’s just that they fell off when I lost the water for a short time. Had to locate them prior to swimming.

First 100 mile run I have ever done. We split it up in two days but Wes took it all on in about what, six hours? Loved the Lake and we will be back.

The company was first rate and the hospitality shown by Jim And his wife were first class and very generous. Took us all on and invited us into their home as if we were long time friends.

Steve coordinated us, (Jeannette and I mostly) and kept an eye out for all. Steve and Melinda you guys rock as well. Thanks to all and now on to planning the return.

Oh yeah, the minx is sweet, the Donzi deck was solid. Really want to see the Blackhawk Steve! Next time it needs to show. The Fonzi was interesting as well.

Will post pics

Jraysray
06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Group stuff

Jraysray
06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Jim Minx

Jraysray
06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Jim Minx

Jraysray
06-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Jim Minx (more to come later)

jimishooch
06-02-2009, 08:32 AM
thanks for the kind words,
it was a real treat to run with the boats, l seldom get to do that. other than the transducer bracket the minx held her own.
ditto on the blackhawk and i know steve has a pic of the fonzi.
scott, thanks for the pix and it was great to meet all you guys and gals! good to see you on the water wes and i think jennifer could use one more tatt. you'll have to come back up here for more of alahna's cookin'.
let's not wait a year to get back together.
open year round
jim

roadtrip se
06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I was expecting to see the Blackhawk on the water, not the flats boat. What up?

Looks like everybody had a good time. Missed a call from Taz to rub it in, I am sure.

Once in awhile, I do miss Texas.

Jraysray
06-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Wes/Jen

Jraysray
06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Wes/Jen

Jraysray
06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Resort

Jraysray
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Steve/Melinda

Jraysray
06-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Steve/Melinda

Jraysray
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, we were in the boat so not many pics of our boat.

fegettes
06-02-2009, 07:25 PM
A good time by all. It was great to meet Jim and Alahna, Wes and Jennifer, and of course Scott and Jeannette.

Jim thanks for inviting us into your home. I felt like I was walking through one of those housing magazines with a specially featured house and I was walking from page to page. And Alahna went way out of her way to feed us, what a great spread she put out for us. A big thanks to Alahna.

I was torn on which boat to take, the Blackhawk, or the Sport, and since I had invited another couple to go with us, their request was for the Sport since it so much more roomier.

I look forward to going back, just throw an excuse at me, and I am ready. The resort was fantastic. We never did make it to the bar or restaurant. Here are a couple of pics looking out from our room.

fegettes
06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Some floating pics.

fegettes
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Some people pics.

fegettes
06-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Some cruising pics.

jimishooch
06-04-2009, 08:41 AM
thanks steve,
cool close up running shots of the minx. have a new desktop photo now. scott, that shot of you and your wife in the 18 is a keeper.
jim