PDA

View Full Version : Dry tails W/ internal flappers

blackboat
04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Can you use stainless internal super flappers inside dry tailpipes. Will the poly material on edges melt?

mrfixxall
04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Can you use stainless internal super flappers inside dry tailpipes. Will the poly material on edges melt?

Yep! they sure will,your better off running a internal ss flap or a clamp on external flapper....does water blend at the tip of the dry pipes?

blackboat
04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I am considering making a set of double wall stainless straight tailpipes with a low percentage fall through the transom dry all the way with seperate external water dumps and am concerned about water wash into pipes when slowing down.

mrfixxall
04-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I am considering making a set of double wall stainless straight tailpipes with a low percentage fall through the transom dry all the way with seperate external water dumps and am concerned about water wash into pipes when slowing down.

What kind of a boat? jet? if its a enclosed io im supprised you havnt caught fire yet.

I retract all my information lol,yes you need to build a set of double wall pipes to use any rubber flapper..

Carl C
04-08-2009, 07:10 AM
If I can side track just a bit - Wouldn't this be a side benefit of a Q&Q system - Any water that did get past the flapper would dump down the Y-pipe?

VetteLT193
04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
If I can side track just a bit - Wouldn't this be a side benefit of a Q&Q system - Any water that did get past the flapper would dump down the Y-pipe?

makes sense to me.

Although there are plenty of us that don't run flappers at all and haven't ever had a problem. the tips are pretty high on 22's and Minxes. The 18/16 I can see a potential issue though.