PDA

View Full Version : Need new section.

Trueser
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I say we throw the political section back up. That way at least they will all be together.

I'm sure this topic is going to be around for 3 years or so.

re: Politic and Religious topics
From this time forth please Do not post anything of a religious or political nature in this section. The amount of feedback on this has been overwhelming. Thanks for your help on this. This is not up for discussion.
This a boating site. Thanks folks.

gcarter
04-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Me too.

farmer tx
04-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree!

VetteLT193
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I also agree...

While we are adding sections I wish we had a "performance" section for engine, drive, props, etc. and a "technical" section for other crap like gauges, wiring, cables, paint, gel, etc.

I think that would make it a whole lot easier to find old threads and not lose threads after a day or two because they are all lumped into one spot.

fogducker III
04-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Scott, could we have a recipe section???????? I have a killer one for my Mum's lemon bread..........just kidding, I agree, politics should be set aside somewhere.........JMHO

mattyboy
04-07-2009, 06:41 AM
I hate to have Harbor do more work than is necessary , the real simple answers

1. is post in the correct section, if it has to do with Donzi performance it goes there if it has to do with anything else post it elsewhere in the most appropriate section.

2. title your thread with a key word like gauges, motors, drives and title it correctly . I still can't believe certain members can't just type 3 letters like POL next to the title so those who want to avoid Political threads can do so
instead they title it as "Urgent another fast one" gee on a boating forum i would think that could mean a fast boat is selling and needs to be bought by someone or a video maybe of a fast boat doing a fly by.( a note thank you to the few members who have put POL or Politics in their title )

if people followed those 2 rules a new section would not be needed and when someone comes to a Donzi Boating site then can find the Donzi information they are looking for quickly and easily

trust me i have been an offender in the past but i have seen the error of my ways

but it would be nice to have it in a section that could be closed down or expanded by the user so you don't even have to see it

Carl C
04-07-2009, 08:07 AM
just type 3 letters like POL next to the title

but it would be nice to have it in a section that could be closed down or expanded by the user so you don't even have to see it

Good advice:yes:

mattyboy
04-07-2009, 08:54 AM
also I guess the "tags " help with the search feature as well if you are looking for certain info

Last Tango
04-07-2009, 09:52 AM
My personal opinion is to leave political and religious topics off of this board completely. If you have a rant or opinion on these topics, there are easily 10,000 other internet boards and forums on which can express yourself and debate your position. The only reason anyone would want to post them here is to hopefully snare someone into reading their post on this topic as a way to impose their will on someone else.
I don't come to this forum or board to read whatever it is you have to say about politics or religion. Take it somewhere else. Because you can't post it here, does not mean your Constitutional Rights are violated. It just means this place is about boats. You have the whole rest of the internet to express your opinions on those topics.

roadtrip se
04-07-2009, 09:56 AM
As I see it.

1) Shut down the political BS, as there is more BS than politics being discussed here any way.

2) Give it a separate area.

I look at this as kind of like your local bar. We have been going there for six years or so, for a pop and a snack. When we walk in, I pretty much know everybody there, and based on the mood I am in, I know who I am going to sit down next to.

But on occassion, it happens. You get stuck next to the guy who lights one cigarette off another, yammers on his cell phone endlessly, and wants to tell you how everyone in Detroit has done him wrong. One beer and I am gone.

Pretty much the way it works here. If you wish to discuss politics and LISTEN, and engage, and add your own thoughts to the conversation, I will most likley give you the same courtesy. If your idea of a political conversation is a good old fashioned bar fight, I would like to at least like to know that walking in, so I don't sit down next to you to start with.

I vote for option one, if there is a vote to be cast here...

txtaz
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
As I see it.

I look at this as kind of like your local bar. We have been going there for six years or so, for a pop and a snack. When we walk in, I pretty much know everybody there, and based on the mood I am in, I know who I am going to sit down next to.

OK, So a guy walks into a bar and sits down next to a rubber duckie smoking a cigarette and asks "How tricks?" The duck says "who are you? Burt and Ernie?"

I say leave politics and religion to another site. This one is for boating.

Ghost
04-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I defer entirely to the owners of the site. If they want my thoughts, I will give them. I look at my donations and participation with this place as rent only, unless the true owners tell me anything other than that.

Ed Donnelly
04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Lets open the political section right below the religion section, which is already divided between circumcised and non circumcised.......Ed

gero1
04-07-2009, 09:25 PM
crack me up!!!! although i don't know what the he$$ yall are talking about 95% of the time it makes me laugh, and after a day like i had today i just want to say thank you to everyone on this site......do yall think i will have enough gas to make it from one dock to the next at aoth this year?? place your bets!!!!!

widowmaker
04-08-2009, 04:38 AM
I vote for leaving the religion and politics discussions for other web sites. This one is for boating.

BigGrizzly
04-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Here is the problem, People will get personal, they always do. Like RT said most is BS. As I see it with the last one people took it personal, not all but some. The good part is it shears views and information which mite otherwise be lost or missed. This is why at a party you don't talk politics or religion. I am not going vote one way or the other.

mattyboy
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
actually I put the people who talk more politics than boats in my ignore list. I didn't want to have to, but it does clean things up nicely.

Barry Eller
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Lets open the political section right below the religion section, which is already divided between circumcised and non circumcised.......Ed
Ed, lets start a poll on who is circumcised and who isn't circumcised...:biggrin.::rlol::yippie::jestera::sm ileybo::cistineb::hangum::fam: