PDA

View Full Version : great crash video

lee
04-06-2009, 01:51 PM
unreal crash typical germans no the other guy will move theory http://www.chilloutzone.to/video/schiffaufprall.html

zelatore
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
hmmmm....if I remember my rules of the road right I believe the big boat, the one we're riding on, should have altered course to stb to give way to the vessel approaching from his starboard side.

Man, that was pretty ugly!

lee
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
hmmmm....if I remember my rules of the road right I believe the big boat, the one we're riding on, should have altered course to stb to give way to the vessel approaching from his starboard side.

Man, that was pretty ugly!actually its a little more diffacult depends on what form of work they were doing and what daymarkers were displayed but common sence would say both vessels should alter corse to starbord

zelatore
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Well, I doubt either was 'restricted' as both appeared to be pleasure vessels out for a cruise. But you're right, there are several things that could have dictated one or the other as the stand-on. The better question is how did they not see each other in time to take action? Looks like the smaller boat was being driving from the pilot house instead of the bridge, perhaps a windshield mullion just happened to be blocking his view? I had that happen to me once as I was running a large(ish) yacht from the lower helm - a ferry was approaching from my stb side and I never saw him unit I we were quite close (I then killed headway and let him pass in front of me).

zelatore
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
After watching it again, I take that back. I looks like the on-coming boat is being driven from the flybridge. Perhaps the captain knocked back a few too many schnapps?

I also love the dark headed guy on the bow of 'our' boat who after the crash looks like he gives the other boat a 'jersey wave' like 'hey! we're boatin' here!'

MOP
04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Little boat looks like one of the day cruise boats, has some sort of writing on the weather cloths both side and back but to blurry to read. I bet a few lawyers had a field day!!!

lee
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
i just cant stop watching it i must have played it 15x