PDA

View Full Version : Our Havanese Crystal had pups

Ed Donnelly
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
She is our best breeder. We have orders for 16 pups, but, we have 6 now and Spirit is due on the 16th. so maybe 10 in total

Carl C
04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
They're beautiful. You know I'm a sucker for puppies!:odie:
My Shepherd pups are all gone:(.

Ed Donnelly
04-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Carl; I refuse to even look at them the first week for fear of you know..

I won't pick any up for fear of getting attached to one...

A few years ago we had a runt that crystal would not feed..
My wife said let nature takes its course.. I got a doll bottle and took a week off work. Fed it every few hours wet it down with a warm wet sponge to make it do its business.She slept with me..I Fell in love with her,and, she was going to be my special dog.. I was so proud of her I showed her on my wifes web site. A couple of weeks later we got a call from a family that just had to have her..
My wife invited them over to see her only .. The husband was 5' 3" The wife was 4' 7" The daughter was in an incubator for the first 7 weeks of her life.. They would only take a runt and would pay extra for one. We babysit " Miracle" every year when they go on holidays.....Ed

MOP
04-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I think most of us a sucker for pups, we lost our last dog a few years back and Bonnie just can't bring herself to give in on another. We do have two grand dogs that we get to baby sit a fair bit, both are small one is an Imperial shih tzu the other is a schnauzer from Costa Rican.

Phil

Carl C
04-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Ed, yes, Ive learned not to allow myself to get too attached to a pup. I hated to see the last two males go but they got to stay together. I really hope they all got good hmes. That's all I can do. It would break my heart to find out that any one of them was being abused.

Mop, we have to accept the fact that we out-live dogs. As much as it hurts to lose a long time companion the best cure is a new puppy. You are not "replacing" the last dog but moving on. Anyone who has owned more than a couple of dogs knows that they all have different "personalities" and our past companions are never forgotten. You and your wife need to go and get a puppy.:odie:

Ghost
04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I love the puppy pictures. And those guys are even smaller than I realized (just saw the other pic in the other thread, which provides some scale).

Carl C
05-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey Fast Eddy, how are those pups doing? They should be getting pretty cute, how 'bout some pics?:odie:

McGary911
05-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't even know what a Havanese is, but they're some damn cute pups. Missed this thread the first time around. Hope they're doing OK.