PDA

View Full Version : What have I gotten myself into...

DonziDan16
04-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I finally got around to putting the new set of imco thumper power manifolds on the 4.3 and got some elbows, reducers, and exhaust hose in the mail yesterday. I would like to route it through the Y pipe but short of having custom one piece pipes with lots of bends made ($$$), im not sure how it would be possible. There just isn't enough space. Has anyone had any experience with this?

smokediver
04-05-2009, 07:08 AM
If you had the one piece mainfold/riser GLM makes a kit that has the bent pipes and all the other stuff to do the conversion ... go to their manifold catalog and go to the V-6 section ...

DonziDan16
04-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, I did what I should have done in the first place and bought PVC pipe and got everything aligned using that. Looks like I needed a 90 degree elbow instead of 85. I'll also need a 22.5 degree elbow and that should do it. It's going to be tight on the starboard side because of the steering but altogether, it won't be as difficult as I thought. :crossfing:

DonziDan16
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I had already bought the IMCOs before I saw that GLM made an OEM fit set. It would have been a lot easier to swap them out but I'm not crazy about the look.

mrfixxall
04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, I did what I should have done in the first place and bought PVC pipe and got everything aligned using that. Looks like I needed a 90 degree elbow instead of 85. I'll also need a 22.5 degree elbow and that should do it. It's going to be tight on the starboard side because of the steering but altogether, it won't be as difficult as I thought. :crossfing:

you but a extra 45 and cut it in half = 22.5:biggrin:

smokediver
04-08-2009, 06:42 AM
I had already bought the IMCOs before I saw that GLM made an OEM fit set. It would have been a lot easier to swap them out but I'm not crazy about the look.
Just use their conversion kit with your set up ... shoudnt be difficult at all ..

DonziDan16
04-14-2009, 09:55 AM
IMCO makes a conversion kit for this???

DonziBuoy
05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
OK, I bought a 16 with a 4.3 through the stern drive exhaust - Yuck. It goes fast enough, but I miss the rumble. Any suggestions on a GOOD system that is reasonably priced and easy to convert? understandably, some holes have to be drilled thru the transom, that much I know.

MOP
05-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Post a picture of how far things are from matching up, I have an idea but need to see how things look.

Phil

DonziBuoy
05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Phil I am trying to figure out how to send you a picture - hopefully it was uploaded - in case you cannot see it, do you have regular email?

Jim

MOP
05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Phil I am trying to figure out how to send you a picture - hopefully it was uploaded - in case you cannot see it, do you have regular email?

Jim

PM on it way in a minute or two!

gold-n-rod
05-28-2009, 08:51 PM
It goes fast enough, but I miss the rumble.

Don't get your hopes up. A rumble it won't be. Need a preview? Look around for an S10 truck that's had its muffler fall off. There's your new sound. :smash:

Some like it.....

The Hedgehog
05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Don't get your hopes up. A rumble it won't be. Need a preview? Look around for an S10 truck that's had its muffler fall off. There's your new sound. :smash:
Some like it.....

Yeah, I do.

Not bad at idle. I dunno about the S-10. It sounds more like and airplane but I fly those so....