View Full Version : 16 OB For Sale

CHACHI
04-03-2009, 12:16 PM
http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1082531279.html

Not mine.

Ken

zelatore
04-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Is it just me, or has the general level of ad writing gone right through the floor with the advent of ebay and craigslist?

I mean come on guys, try a little punctuation and grammar. And maybe turn off the caps lock once in a while.

It seems like most ads these days are written either by 10 year olds (or adults with a the education of a 10 year old) or people who don't speak the language.

I can forgive the odd typo, spelling error, or 'to' instead of 'too', but at least make an effort!

Of course, maybe it's always been this way and I'm just noticing it more.

As for the boat....seems a bit steep, but could be a solid find for the right price. Says he's already split it and done the tank.

And I'm quite sure he's dead-nuts on about it being worth 100K some day. Right after you silver-plate the trailer and put the diamond inlay logos on it...:rlol:

Just Say N20
04-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Edited for the purpose of clarification.

In my opinion, THIS BOAT WILL BE WORTH 100K SOME DAY. There are VERY LIMITED NUMBERS of this model OUT THERE. I AM A DONZI FAN. WHEN I SAW IT IN A BARN for SALE IN 1991 I HAD to HAVE IT beCAUSE I had NEVER SEEN ONE. I HAD IT IN MY GARAGE until 2005, then SPLIT the hull and deck to PUT in a NEW FUEL TANK AND STARTED to REFINISH IT.I INSTALLED A NEW 2004 125 SALT WATER MERCURY, but I SHOULD have FOUND A 115 OLD MERC. BUT I WANTED to use THE BOAT NOT SHOW IT THE BOAT RUNs 60 MPH AND handles LIKE A 30 FT OFFSHORE RACER. HOWEVER I MUST SELL it, as I NEED THE COIN NOW! 10K BOAT ONLY OR 15,OOO AS it STILL NEEDS an INTERIOR. CALL MARK 6035278434

mattyboy
04-03-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39021

pay close attention to posts 6 and 7 ;)

mattyboy
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
the boat has been listed here before

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55072

Donzi Vol
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Well for the sake of a potential BUYER of this boat, I'll say this. Even I wouldn't try to sell this boat for $15,000. Now I truly hope that one day this boat will be worth $100k ('cause that means we're all gonna be sitting on gold mines!), but I don't see it.

Just Say N20
04-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Better? :yes:

mattyboy
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Well for the sake of a potential BUYER of this boat, I'll say this. Even I wouldn't try to sell this boat for $15,000. Now I truly hope that one day this boat will be worth $100k ('cause that means we're all gonna be sitting on gold mines!), but I don't see it.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39021

Donzi Vol ok read posts 5 6 and 7 ;)

Donzi Vol
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks matty, appreciate the insult. But I'm sure you had the best intentions...

mattyboy
04-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Donzi Vol,
no insult intended, trust me I am from NY you'll know if you have been insulted,, i was just pointing out that price as Madpoodle said is found bewtween the buyer and seller or somewhere in between that's why I put the smiley.

i guess I mis understood the another person ad is sacred thread

and trust me in the past I was probably a big offender but I have seen the errors of my ways

zelatore
04-03-2009, 10:04 PM
My apologies to the ad owner....didn't mean to step on any toes. I was a bit crass.

Although in the spirit of constructive criticism, I would recommend not using all caps to write the ad and taking your time when composing it as well as careful proof-reading. Remember, you want people to think the best of the boat to get the most interest, and the more carefully crafted the ad the better your shot at prospective clients. Something thrown up in a slap-dash manner could mean the boat would sit for sale for a long time which can lead to a certain stigma being attached to it. i.e. 'that boat's been for sale a long time...must be something wrong with it if it's still on the market'

(better?)

Just Say N20
04-03-2009, 11:01 PM
And, people will use any method possible to determine the condition of the boat being sold, including how the person who owns the boat puts together the ad.

Personally, when I view an ad that appears hastily put together, ALL CAPS, no punctuation, etc., it suggests to me that the person's thought process is kind of sloppy and imprecise. I would tend to believe that this type of thinking would also carry over to the care given to the boat. It might not, but why take the chance, especially if you are asking for a premium price.

Sagbay32
04-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Is that a Budweiser Label on the transom? I also look for these when determining the condition of a boat...:tooth:

wickedfast
04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I drove by this boat all last summer and hoped it was gone for good. It is a clam probably worth about $3,500 tops.