http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/1101449440.html

mattyboy
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
looks like this one I posted a while back

really nice boat

http://www.mackinacseaplanes.com/rcsyacht-3/24_donzi.htm

fogducker III
03-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Not a whole lot of details in either post..........do we know the year, power, drive etc? Pics of the interior, engine and drive would be nice.........obviously I am not currently in the market, just curious........:biggrin.:

mattyboy
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Not a whole lot of details in either post..........do we know the year, power, drive etc? Pics of the interior, engine and drive would be nice.........obviously I am not currently in the market, just curious........:biggrin.:

if it is the boat I think it is it has a nice BB north of 500 hp and a black drive, the mystery is a big thing with these rare boats these are not your run of the mill classic, ;)

Just Say N20
03-31-2009, 10:10 PM
He must prefer to get rid of it, because I found it surprising that someone would invest over $80K in a boat, and then not make the relatively minimal investment to add closed cooling. Just an observation.

mattyboy
03-31-2009, 10:12 PM
this would be the one maybe someone from the MI knows the boat or their work?? I guess the spitfire was vinyl

http://viciousmarine.com/id12.html

mattyboy
03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
He must prefer to get rid of it, because I found it surprising that someone would invest over $80K in a boat, and then not make the relatively minimal investment to add closed cooling. Just an observation.
well that and a trailer

Donziweasel
04-01-2009, 07:19 AM
First, I have always loved the Spitfire. I am not sure how many were made, but I heard it was around 30, not 17.

I also find it wierd to invest 80,000.00, but not simply kick out a little more for closed cooling.

I have seen them with twin 350 before and if I was going the Spitfire route, I think I would want twins.

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 01:22 PM
DW,

I was also under that notion , that it must be twins but inlight of my current expierences with owners in the 24-28 range twins really aren't justified in a 24. maybe back when the boat was new due to limitations of power options and reliable drives to get a heavy 24 hull moving, i am hunting down a spitfire that used to run on my lake twin 375hp sbc and e drives that runs high 60's i feel that blue boat would run faster than that with a BB 600 hp plus and the weight advantage and a more centered balance point with the motor centered over the stringers.

not sure on the number built but the single setup is very uncommon maybe that is what he is referring to 17 built I dunno.

we all know that we will never get out what we put in especially if most if not all of that is to get just to look like a boat and float like one to. that project was a hammered POS then turned into a one of a kind rare donzi classic.

not sure why but he decided to sell and leave it at that :)

Greg K
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Engine is a single, Dart big M block built by Soller racing engines fro my conversations with the owner. It's been a work in progress over the last ten years. Dash has been updated along with interior.

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
nice, updated but still very classic love the throttle shifter pod in a much more ergonomic position rather than up on the dash. I fell if a get a spitfire the throttle would need to be moved

so vicious marine didn't build the motor?? did they just do the riggin or do they have an agreement with souler racing???

Greg K
04-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Owner never mentioned Vicious..here's the motor.

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 07:28 PM
here is the boat at vicious from my link maybe they just rigged it??

really nice a great classic :)

gold-n-rod
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
DW,
I was also under that notion , that it must be twins but inlight of my current expierences with owners in the 24-28 range twins really aren't justified in a 24. maybe back when the boat was new due to limitations of power options and reliable drives to get a heavy 24 hull moving, i am hunting down a spitfire that used to run on my lake twin 375hp sbc and e drives that runs high 60's i feel that blue boat would run faster than that with a BB 600 hp plus and the weight advantage and a more centered balance point with the motor centered over the stringers.
not sure on the number built but the single setup is very uncommon maybe that is what he is referring to 17 built I dunno.
we all know that we will never get out what we put in especially if most if not all of that is to get just to look like a boat and float like one to. that project was a hammered POS then turned into a one of a kind rare donzi classic.
not sure why but he decided to sell and leave it at that :)

From another Michigan Craigslist:

http://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/1090573071.html

:worthy:

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
From another Michigan Craigslist:
http://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/1090573071.html
:worthy:
????????? :confused: that's not a spitfire, starfire , 220 221 whatever it takes

gold-n-rod
04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
????????? :confused: that's not a spitfire, starfire , 220 221 whatever it takes

U hve 2 admt, its kewl, tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
U hve 2 admt, its kewl, tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

kool as hell but probably deserves a post in the other boats for sale section, really nice boat but not a donzi for sale ;)

gold-n-rod
04-01-2009, 08:36 PM
kool as hell but probably deserves a post in the other boats for sale section, really nice boat but not a donzi for sale ;)

It's already there. I posted it because the engine builder referenced earlier is claimed to have built the motors in the Magnum. Many coincidences.

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
It's already there. I posted it because the engine builder referenced earlier is claimed to have built the motors in the Magnum. Many coincidences. wow 4 friggin posts why did you say that in the first place :rolleyes:

gold-n-rod
04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
wow 4 friggin posts why did you say that in the first place :rolleyes:

'Cause I love to piss you off, Matty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :troll:

mattyboy
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
:yes:

Just Say N20
04-01-2009, 09:52 PM

Classic quote. :rlol::rlol::rlol:

mattyboy
04-02-2009, 06:16 AM
now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Greg , if you are interested in this boat I hope your conversations with the owner have gone well it truely is a unique classic

funny the first couple of pics I saw of the stern i thought it was a HornetII with the rail in the back, but they put them on the spitfire too

any other pics

Greg K
04-02-2009, 08:38 AM
one of the transom...Imco steering, Bravo with Max machine worx internals.

mattyboy
04-02-2009, 09:17 AM
very nice

HallJ
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
this would be the one maybe someone from the MI knows the boat or their work?? I guess the spitfire was vinyl

Their work is quite good. They do rigging, custom glasswork, they'll even build you a boat!

Jeff

mattyboy
04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
i would say so their web page has some real classics on it :)

olredalert
04-07-2009, 04:33 PM
--------I know this boat a bit. I went in Sparkies shop (Vicious Marine) a couple of times during rigging and it is done right. The same guy that did the fiberglass and paint is doing my "Spit" and IMHO he is one of the best anywhere (RCS)!!!!!! Had all new stringers but one thing Im not sure about is what the boat started out as, twin or single. It could have been either but most Spits tended to be twin small-blocks. The other three vaeiations of 24s were way more likely to be singles as they werent meant for out and out speed as was the Spit. Got to go for now will continue this later if you guys are interested..........Bill S

mattyboy
04-07-2009, 04:37 PM
looks like this one I posted a while back
really nice boat
http://www.mackinacseaplanes.com/rcsyacht-3/24_donzi.htm

Bill check this link it was a single and it was rough the only single spit I have ever seen

Ghost
04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
--------I know this boat a bit. I went in Sparkies shop (Vicious Marine) a couple of times during rigging and it is done right. The same guy that did the fiberglass and paint is doing my "Spit" and IMHO he is one of the best anywhere (RCS)!!!!!! Had all new stringers but one thing Im not sure about is what the boat started out as, twin or single. It could have been either but most Spits tended to be twin small-blocks. The other three vaeiations of 24s were way more likely to be singles as they werent meant for out and out speed as was the Spit. Got to go for now will continue this later if you guys are interested..........Bill S

Not a potential buyer, but I'm interested.

BlownCrewCab
04-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Thats funny, The 220,221, I Loved that movie...

Now for the Spitfire hull, If it is the Harry Shoell hull it's used in a bunch of other boats also, we raised the sides and added some flair to the front for the 24' Performer. Good running boat.

mattyboy
04-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Thats funny, The 220,221, I Loved that movie...

Now for the Spitfire hull, If it is the Harry Shoell hull it's used in a bunch of other boats also, we raised the sides and added some flair to the front for the 24' Performer. Good running boat.

that was a funny movie
in his dream sequence when his wife shoots him, what did you use a 38??? a 38 a 39 what ever it takes LOL

Sonic also wound up with the 24 molds, the more a see a Donzi 24 hull the more I like them :)

olredalert
04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
------Am back! Had a local hockey game to go to last night. The one thing I dont know about this Spit is anything pertaining to performance. I have never seen it in the water even though we boat in the same area. Not that there should be anything bad, but I have been wondering if the boat had reasons for not being out and about for awhile now. The owner may have tired of it after completion. It may have ended up being a bit more performance oriented than he liked. Maybe his family grew? Who knows??? Sparky is pretty well known in the area, but I believe he has moved to Florida in the last six months. It was taking awhile as he had to finish up a couple of jobs. He pops up on OSO frequently........Bill S

k01harley
05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Back on Detroit Craigslist.