PDA

View Full Version : I think I bought a boat err, rubber duckie pot

txtaz
03-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I found the boat we wanted and made the offer. He accepted. Now to go get it.

A 2000, 22 classic, 502 Mag and bravo 1. All white with red center and boot stripe. Has about 80 hours on it.

This one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230329149548&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem

He claims it was fresh water only. Are there lakes on Nassau? I'm not too worried with only 80 hours on it.

Some questions:

Who has imported a boat and knows how to go about it?

Anyone know of an import broker?

Anything I should be aware of?

Anyone want to go to the Bahamas? Oh Todd...ROADTRIP!!!!

Thanks.

BUIZILLA
03-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Wes, fresh water in Nassau?

are you f'n kidding me??

Carl C
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I just offered hin $50 more. ;)

txtaz
03-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Wes, fresh water in Nassau?

are you f'n kidding me??

I just looked at THERE is a lake. Damn, I'm surprised.

Carl, Stay out of this. It's going to take some effort getting it certified and imported. Once it's here I'm not worried. It's the getting it here.

The honerable fuzzy one is checking what it takes to ship it.

Carl C
03-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Just kidding. I know you just missed out on a couple of boats. I hope you can get it.

mrfixxall
03-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Somthing about this part scares me,,With only 89 hours on it..

Newly install parts or equipments : bilge pump and junction in water tight box, all filters and oil, gas regulator, fresh and raw pumps with hoses, oil pressure indicator sensor, speakers, radio, exhaust manifolds, engine mounts, spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, ignition wires, ignition switch, water tight 12v cigar lighter, batteries isolator and switch, etc...

Exhaust manifolds and engine mounts etc etc etc are new with only 98 hours on it

fogducker III
03-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Wes, I have been watching this boat for some time now, been on Ebay a few times, I think the Bahamas thing scared people. It was actually discussed a while ago on the board and some said it was a scam.......:rolleyes:

VERY nice boat, I believe the owner is Canadian right? Don't worry too much about importing, I realize it is a little different but I have imported a number of boats into Canada from the US and as long as the "powers that be" get their taxes and your paperwork is in order you are good to go, well done on the purchase and enjoy it. :yes:

As far as all the "maintenace" is concerned, sounds like the guy wanted it brought back to "new" condition after 8 years........that is a good thing...IMO.

A 2000, 22 classic, 502 Mag and bravo 1. All white with red center and boot stripe. Has about 80 hours on it.

This one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230329149548&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem

He claims it was fresh water only. Are there lakes on Nassau? I'm not too worried with only 80 hours on it.

Some questions:

Thanks.

txtaz
03-28-2009, 04:24 PM
VERY nice boat, I believe the owner is Canadian right?

Yes Canadian but lives in Nassau. As far as a scam is concerned, I will make sure no money is transfered until it clears customs and my hands are on it.

AND look for an update to "The Sofa King" Saga.

CHACHI
03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Wes, congratulations, glad to see it is the color scheme you wanted.

Ken

txtaz
03-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks Ken, it should be a great boat.

BUIZILLA
03-28-2009, 04:58 PM
It's going to take some effort getting it certified and imported. Once it's here I'm not worried. It's the getting it here. it's really not that difficult, I have a ton of customers over there.... use Crowley or Tropical Shipping, Betty K goes there too... the owner of Betty K, Bruce Brown, I grew up with as a teen, and he lived across the street from me, they used to own Miami Shipyards where Miami Vice was filmed... any of the 3 can get the job done within a week..

make sure they use a dedicated flat pallet so the trailer can be strapped to the pallet and the crane lifts the pallet, pallets are 20-30-40' long, they are 9-10' wide.... i've shipped equipment and boats out of the country and we did it this way, otherwise they use slings to lift the trailer/boat and EVERYTHING is suspect to damage at that point..

txtaz
03-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks Jim, That's a big help. I'll start calling on Monday.

Here are the numbers for the boat and trailer. If anyone has tips on checking them I'd appreciate it.

Hull # DNAC2002F900
Engine ser: OL370395
Drive ser: OL473661

Trailer
Vin: 40YBF2525XF000536
Ser: 699536

I don't know much about the Bahamas but I'll learn quickly and may get a little vacation out of it.

Offer stands for a travel partner.

fasttrucker
03-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Why not just drive it from nassau,what 60 miles?On a nice flat summer day a 1 hour ride.

fogducker III
03-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Why not just drive it from nassau,what 60 miles?On a nice flat summer day a 1 hour ride.

and tow the trailer................:biggrin.::wink:

gold-n-rod
03-28-2009, 06:58 PM
and tow the trailer................:biggrin.::wink:

Naw, strap it across the aft deck. Bungie baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

farmer tx
03-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Ya might want to seatrial it in the estuary,err, "lake"..

And taste the water....

Poodle :) :)

Conquistador_del_mar
03-29-2009, 09:56 AM

This one

Some questions:

Thanks.

Congratulations, Wes. The first time I saw that boat on ebay, I thought it was a very nice one, but I figured it might be slightly problematic to get it here. Is there any chance the seller would be willing to drive it over to Florida or have someone else drive it over? That in itself would sort of prove its capabilities and relieve you of some hurdles. Bill

txtaz
03-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Bill, I will start working on the logistics tomorrow. That may be an option and have the trailer shipped.

It does look like a nice boat and a great price to boot. We hope everything works out. I have that almost too good to be true feeling.

handfulz28
03-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Um, Nassau is a little further than 60 miles:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nassau,+bahamas&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.637906,78.75&ie=UTF8&ll=25.346508,-78.925781&spn=3.792317,4.921875&t=h&z=8

While E to W is a better direction to be going, this is not the time of year to make that trip in a 22.

txtaz
03-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm going to look at shipping the trailer and driving the boat. That would be a cool trip if the weather is right.

BigGrizzly
03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Congratulations, that is a nice color combo I have seen them before:yes:

txtaz
03-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Congratulations, that is a nice color combo I have seen them before:yes:

Thanks,

Yeah I heard it was someones favorite there.

donzisrule
03-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Where do I start? Let's start with the title of your thread, "I think I bought a boat" , WTF you flake. Your jacking off another dude? I guess you like mental masturbation. Go work some more mind deals and put a shiny Donzi brochure under your pillow. The boat's in the Atlantic Ocean (Carribean) but never been used in salt, Seller is Canadian :-), boats in the Bahamas :-), 9 hrs/yr. LOL, sounds like it has been under salt water to me and buyer will release with no money??? If it smells like **** taste like **** must be Wess. Wes believes this guy but called me a liar? What a shmuck you are Wess! LMFAO ! You shown everyone what a smart buyer and shrewd negotiator you are! What goes around...:rlol::rlol::rlol:

Oh and I really believe you and you alone Wess should make a crossing in that boat to S. FL. , 22c handle the stream real well, the secret is in the 7' beam! LOL Wait!, don't dare take that boat in the Ocean you'll get spider cracks in your floor FOR SURE!!! Keep it on a trailer, trailer queen. Don't forget your bleach bottle and soft scrub.

There is a God, thank you Lord !!!
Good luck my lil Tazmanian devil, your such a devil! Yes you are, yes you are!

txtaz
03-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I wasn't going to say anything but:

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/1095989801.html

Actions speak louder than words.

donzisrule
03-29-2009, 04:40 PM
No you can"t buy my boat! You're gonna tell me what to do ??? I can't wait till u get your boat and meet some other Donzi memebers at some social. The hatchet will be buried than.
Wes says " Actions speak louder than words. " Exactly, where's your boat? Mine's in my backyard Talkee McTalkalot. You ain't got Jack Squat but a ragged old 6 cyl cherokee LOL. Wes, if you were really smart you would wait 6-9 months, the country will be in a depression for sure and a great opportunity for bottom feeders such as yourself, hey there's an idea, I just named your new boat for you gratis, "Bottomfeeder". Seriously Wes you're putting the cart before the horse, look for a truck and not a 6 cyl, I know u like em because they are cheaper but step for the 8, diesels are REALLY expensive but with your shrewd negotiating skills you'll tell everyone you got one for the price of a six, I'm sure. Anyone who releases a boat to another country with no earnest money well...Sounds like Wes

BUIZILLA
03-29-2009, 04:45 PM
I wasn't going to say anything but:

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/1095989801.html

Actions speak louder than words.

I'll see what Donzi will do for me , if nothing, I might just put down teak and ash since I'm gonna keep her :-)

donzisrule
03-29-2009, 05:10 PM
That's real cute Helpee McHelperton :yes: let me rephrase since i didn't think I was dealing with an anal retentive contract atty. I'm keeping my options open but definately keeping her unless I get seventeen g's by next week which looks like it aint happening so off to Sarasota she goes. George is right anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Ed Donnelly
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
donzisrule: when did you move from Texas to Florida???...Ed

donzisrule
03-29-2009, 05:44 PM
You got it backwards, moved to TEXAS from Fl. in 88. Raised in S. Fl. and my entire and extended family still live there, since I'm going home next month figured I'd drop the boat in Sarasota.

DonziJon
03-29-2009, 06:08 PM
WOO WOO: SOFA is back. Wonders never cease. :yes: Welcome back SOFA. We need some controversy on this board....get away from all that Political Stuff...., :kingme: John

donzisrule
03-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Politics are more forte :yes: Tired of this BS one party system.
"DON'T BLAME ME, I VOTED FOR DR. RON PAUL, GOOD AS GOLD"
It's tea party time bitches! The answer to 1984 is 1776

BTW TY DonziJon, It's good to be back !!! I guess we have Wes to thank.

TY Wess
Dre