PDA

View Full Version : Joke; kind of political, but pretty funny

Tony
03-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Victoria, Texas (pop. 55,000) is a town about 80 miles west of Houston.

Local Hispanic leaders there, in opposition to pending Immigration Legislation, boycotted all Caucasian owned businesses in the Victoria area this past weekend as a demonstration of their economic impact on the community. The boycott was declared a success by the Hispanic community, noting that revenue in Caucasian owned businesses was down by 19%.

Business owners declared the boycott a success as well, pointing out that shoplifting was reduced by 77%, money orders sent out of the country were down by 97%, and the cost of daily clean-up and trash collection was down by 84%. Shoppers reported that they could actually hear English being spoken throughout the community for the first time in recent memory, and customers actually paid for purchases with real money, not government debit cards.

:beer:

Just Say N20
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::rlol::rlol::rlol: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

gcarter
03-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Well done Tony! :yes:

Ghost
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
:biggrin.: Me likey.

txtaz
03-28-2009, 06:25 AM
OMG does that hit home.

Can we do this in SA? For the rest of the year? PLEASE!!!

Seriously, even thought it's a joke, there is some real truth to it. I'm not a raciest and have a close friend who is a classy hispanic but live here a while and you can spot these people.

On the bright side, the amount of day laborers hanging out at Home Depot has gone done.

Da Taz

BUIZILLA
03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Victoria must be next to Immokalee.... :rolleyes:

BigGrizzly
03-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Cool. Remember a couple of years ago when that did happen? Well the real results were just like that. They were all somewhere else protesting and nobody really noticed but Nancy P******

roadtrip se
03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
or the Valley, the non-Hispanics might as well go to the beach for the day or out wild hog hunting or flats fishing. Still, the result would be the same... nobody would care.

When I worked in South Texas for three years, I always heard the term MIC or Mexican In Charge in my dealings, as if it were some sort of superior position of authority. I always laughed, and said, "Good, then you need my help more than ever then!" We normally did the deal, once THAT was over.