PDA

View Full Version : Okie2.....

Donziweasel
03-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Got that thing in the water yet? If so, what kind of numbers are you seeing?

Okie2
03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Had it in Sunday...just to test it out a little before getting serviced....Speedo was mostly clogged so didn't get actual speeds.... Besides...first time out in crappy conditions wasn't the time to push really really hard....pretty much kept the bow down & never let her wind out all the way....Did do some accelerations....cruising at 3k rpms & pin the throttle....climbs IMMEDIATELY to 5k rpms...what a rush!
Impressive acceleration! Have a Bblades labbed Mirage Plus 25 coming in next week....have high hopes. Got my gps running today (hand held)...will take out in next week or so.... I love this little pocket rocket!!! Will post results. Scott

Donziweasel
03-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Glad to know you like it. After I dropped the 355 in it, you are right, the acceleration from 30 mph to 60 is just insane. Damn near pins you in the seat.:yes:

Speedo's in general, including Donzi's, are very unreliable. A GPS is really the only way to get a good idea. My best run was in slight chop @ 6000 ft, 61.2 Mph GPS. Thats down about 20% of the hp. Once you get the right prop, I would think you should be around 70 if not a little more. :kingme:

Did you try it with the mufflers in or fully unrestriced?

I know there are other members here who are interested in knowing what it will run at a lower Alt. Even had a poll one time. Keep us posted and if you need any tips on how to make it go really fast, let us know. Thier is definetly a learning curve to making a 16 go fast while being stable. :wink:

BTW, you need to say hello to Matty, he is also a Pontoon fan and just bought one. I caught some crap, as he was looking for a Donzi at the time, but I think everyone took it pretty easy on him......:biggrin:

Okie2
03-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Mufflers are out...no noise restrictions around here...just flip the silent choice in the marina.... The pontoon is great for hanging out and holding all the stuff you need for a day on the lake....ice chests, kayaks, fishing gear, food, swim toys, sun shade & more people....the little Donzi if for ME...the more boats you have the better! Will keep advised of performance progress. Scott:biggrin: