View Full Version : exhaust?

03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/files/small/28358_7.jpg (javascript:LoadImg('28358_7.jpg'))

what is this connecting riser box?

03-28-2009, 10:11 AM
I cant see it too well, but it looks like a muffler of sorts. I have seen some similar to that on Ski boats. Some of them in theory are supposed to balance the exhaust to help tune it and quiet the noise at the same time. My guess is that they didnt have enough room to mount them in the back on this boat so they were mounted in front and plumbed the exhaust the rest of the way back.. I pitty the poor guy who has to maintain that boat, it looks like it will be tight.. Jamie

05-30-2009, 07:59 AM
It is a balance tube, don't know how much they do for a V8 but on a Harley it makes some extra power by helping the cylinders to scavenge. The Harley dealer talked me into doing on my chopper, it did add some ponies.

Steve Harwood-Stamper
08-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Are the not reversed and that is the exhaust pipe?

Transom top may have been to close to allow a normal installation.


Dr. David Fleming
08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Wonder if this is a catalytic converter system required on the new Merc Racing products. Does anyone know anything about putting CMI E-top headers on a 502 Mag Mpi in a Donzi 22ZX?

Dr. D

The Hedgehog
08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like the exhaust on a Pachanga where they route it to the front and around.