PDA

View Full Version : F-450.... King Ranch/HD

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2009, 06:57 PM
2009 F450 4x4 So....basically the same truck right, just different badging/ trims? A loaded out Lariat would be similiar just without the fancy ineteriors?.... Although I dig the King Ranch...just not the beige strip in the 2 tone paint....

Just wonderin out loud here............:outtahere::biggrin::wavey:

BUIZILLA
03-25-2009, 07:30 PM
don't do it................................................ ......

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Any issues with the newer Super Duties or the 450 in particular?

Donziweasel
03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Got an 09 F-350. Love it. No problems, very quiet, plush. Fuel mileage is dismal at best. Only drawback.

gcarter
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
2009 F450 4x4 So....basically the same truck right, just different badging/ trims? A loaded out Lariat would be similiar just without the fancy ineteriors?.... Although I dig the King Ranch...just not the beige strip in the 2 tone paint....

Just wonderin out loud here............:outtahere::biggrin::wavey:

So, did you buy a 35' travel trailer or sum'thn?????:rlol:

That's an awful lot of truck for a 22!!!:eek:

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
So, did you buy a 35' travel trailer or sum'thn?????:rlol:

That's an awful lot of truck for a 22!!!:eek:

Umm......:biggrin.:

Last Real Texan
03-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Enjoy the miliage....... Wait there is better coming down the pipe

BUIZILLA
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
only needs 4.30's with the 19's

unless your towing 15k and it's a 35'+ boat, it's drastic overkill...

plus the chocolate interior is butt fugly

Team Jefe
03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
My brother just got one to pull the formula and he loves it....me too. The milage is horrible and he had to finance and insure it at commercial rates...not fun

But it is VERY COOL and fun to drive.

ChromeGorilla
03-25-2009, 10:27 PM
unless your towing 15k and it's a 35'+ boat, it's drastic overkill...

Umm......:popcorn:

Dr. Dan
03-26-2009, 06:23 AM
:doh:Scott - I have several friends that run them, first complaint after the initial cost is the Mileage decrease compared to the past Powerstrokes. As much bad press as the 6.0 has had I get very good mileage...it has the torque of a ZR1 Vette when you want it and its about $30,000 saved compared to new.

I have heard the interiors on the new ones are awesome and the ride is great...but I have also had some contractor buddies have serious issues with the overall reliability of the motor and the Particulate Filter set up for after burn on random intermittent times....it all comes down to what you need vs. what you want?

I wanted a Tow Vehicle, I didnt want another house payment to get one... look for a 2 year old low mileage truck... in any brand and you wont eat the depreciation. Talk is Ford is going to be making some changes downstream on their Diesel Motors... but who knows whats reality anymore.

I am very happy with my little 6.0 I have gotten as high as 17 on the hwy towing the 22 Classic with it, as low as 13 on hilly terrain. The Truck is a good looking vehicle and I get more comments on it than any vehicle I have ever owned. Course its a Harley Edition... and its got the nice understated bling like Charlies.... but I like it alot... it drives like a small bus...but you get used to it... Liz loves driving it, she can back it up and park it better than I can.

Good Luck

Danny :kingme::wavey:

roadtrip se
03-26-2009, 07:47 AM
to really, really like the King Ranch treatments on the F-Series trucks.

As for driving a monster dually, best try it first before commiting to one, if you can. They can be a royal pain in the butt in every day life, unless you really need one.

BUIZILLA
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
:blub:

gcarter
03-26-2009, 08:06 AM
I happened to follow a dually from our remotely located neighborhood out to the highway...about 4.5 miles of narrow twisting two lane road.
He took up more than his share of the road. Several oncoming vehicles had to drive off the shoulder on their side of the road to get by.

I don't know if I'd have one if I didn't absolutely need it.