PDA

View Full Version : Political: Daniel Hannan - remember this name

Ghost
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
The next big voice of reason has arrived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

CHACHI
03-26-2009, 06:18 AM
"Willfully and wantonly"

Is there an outside chance this guy was born in the States?

Ken

chappy
03-26-2009, 07:22 AM
No punches pulled there.:eek:

Ghost
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
No punches pulled there.:eek:

LOL, yes, he only just stopped short of "your excellency hasn't any clothes and as you stand plum naked before us, we are all the more cognizant of your overleveraged, devalued d1ck."

I'm thrilled that there is an articulate guy in power, anywhere, like Ron Paul, with his head screwed on straight. Someone with a real understanding of how government MUST be limited. So you banks are failing? That's YOUR problem, not the taxpayers' problem to fix. It pains me here how few people got that bailouts don't work and are practically worse than doing nothing, as well as being completely immoral.

The ONLY bailout that should have happened was authorizing funding of FDIC beyond the 45B of collected premiums. By the time all is said and done, this will have cost us far more than the 4.0 Trillion that a FULL bailout of FDIC would have cost, and we will have wasted nearly all the money.

All the uncharted (but extraConstitutional) stuff we're seeing argued now, about bonuses, taking over companies, voiding contracts, all of it is properly settled by bankruptcy. I hope some suits hit the Supreme Court pretty soon and they strike down this administration's and Congress's idiot, illegal behavior. If they don't respect the Constitution itself, why should any of us respect any dumbass laws they pass? We better vote well in 2010 or a tax revolt will probably start.

Just Say N20
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
All the uncharted (but extraConstitutional) stuff we're seeing argued now, about bonuses, taking over companies, voiding contracts, all of it is properly settled by bankruptcy. I hope some suits hit the Supreme Court pretty soon and they strike down this administration's and Congress's idiot, illegal behavior. If they don't respect the Constitution itself, why should any of us respect any dumbass laws they pass? We better vote well in 2010 or a tax revolt will probably start.

Absolutely.

After watching the video a couple of times, I have to hand it to that Mr. Hannan. That took some serious stones to directly address "his excellency" that way, and so thoroughly and completely call him out, even articulately.