PDA

View Full Version : Stringers

VetteLT193
03-24-2009, 02:58 PM
What is the 'standard' Donzi stringer layout? or is there one? We've all read about the differences in location on the 22's but mine seems totally different than anyone Else's.

Compared to real life looking and feeling compared to my brother's 22, my Minx has stringers about twice as wide as his. I thought this was just a Minx Vs. 22 thing until I saw old pics of gCarter's Minx today....

Compared to gCarters Minx my stringers are also bigger and there are extra supports running from the outside of the stringers out towards the hull sides. this creates 3 'boxes' on each side of the engine with the one main 'box' under the engine.

I'll try to snap some pictures later, even though the bilge is embarrassingly dirty right now.

Any thoughts?

gcarter
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
A lot of boats have been modified by owners. Adding additional gussets outboard of the stringers is very common.
What you will find is the same spacing between stringers on most boats that are common to an era.
I still haven't figured out when Donzi went to the wider stringer spacing.......it seems to have been in '94 or '95.

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 03:26 PM
My '86 Minx is all stock. The stringers are One Inch thick....no box sections outboard of the stringers. John