PDA

View Full Version : The Apres Vacation Blues

The Hedgehog
03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
So how do I sum up the JH experience?

Well as I sit here listening to and watching some Teton Gravity Research, it was unforgettable. I could go on and on about the skiing. The mountain is the best. Lot’s of steeps, ton’s of great powder (at least when I am ordering for others), a relatively low base altitude with the highest vertical drop in the country. The attitude is great. It is a skier’s mountain. People come to ski and not pose. Everyone is just having fun and not trying to look good.

Having skied a few good mountains, I will say that the Weasel had the biggest impact on the whole scene. It was uncanny how my whole experience was similar to Tex’s. After a short time, I felt like I had known John for quite some time. I guess that it was no accident that I decided to come to JH. I did not doubt that he understands but after a couple of runs through the power and the ensuing conversation, I knew. We had a blast joking, BS’ing and skiing down the mountain. He is one of the few I have met that seems to have more hobbies than me. I will say that the Weasel has quite the presence in JH and that is not simply because you see his vehicles everywhere you go. He literally knows everyone on the mountain and is one heck of a host. He seems to have more patience than I have when trying to herd team Hedgehog out the door. A real class act.

I got to check out the Lazy P. I must say it’s quite the place. I will definitely check out the guest quarters when complete. Surrounded by National Forest with a view of some big peaks along with a shop full of Donzi (No, the Critter will probably need a friend), is not a bad way to go.

On the final day we got to meet the mysterious Boo Boo. If Tex had not actually met her I would have started to think that John paid her to pose on his Donzi pics. None the less, she is the hottie Southern Belle gone Jackson Hole that you see in the pics. I think that she is understandably ready to have some twins and get back in action.

So what is next on the list? I am thinking a guys trip to the Tetons.
Oh yeah, when John and Boo Boo emerge from their upcoming event and dig out…..well they absolutely have to come down to visit in the SE. We don’t have 14,000 foot mountains but can show a good time. I don’t know if I can top the Weasel show but I think that we can have a dang good time trying.

Donziweasel
03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Bill, thanks for the compliments. Glad you had a good time in JH. I had a blast with you guys last week.

Looking forward to you and Tex coming out again soon, hopefully for some summer fun this time.

Started snowing the day you left. Targhee has gotten 15 inches in the last 2 1/2 days. Calling for another big storm tommorrow, calling for 12-18.