PDA

View Full Version : Time For Some Humor

DonziJon
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
This is from the Lake Winni Forum...that's up in New Hampshire. What's Next?

HB: 224: Requires anyone going out past a swim line or more than 150' from shore has to wear a colored swim cap or be accompanied by a boat that displays a simmer's flag. "This allow boaters to see and identify swimmers in open water," wrote DEMOCRAT PAUL INGERSOLL who suggested a red cap be worn by the swimmer, although the color and form would be left up to the agency rulemaking. Sunapee DEMOCRAT REP. SUZANNE GOTTLING sponsored the bill. The House Transportation Committee unimanously endorsed it, although the committee reduced it from applying on all lakes in the state. The mandate would only apply to the state's largest water bodies: lakes Newfound, Ossipee, Squam, Sunapee, WINNIPESAUKEE and Winnisquam.

Don't you just LOVE Liberals? :yes:John

mike o
03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
This is from the Lake Winni Forum...that's up in New Hampshire. What's Next? :outtahere:

HB: 224: Requires anyone going out past a swim line or more than 150' from shore has to wear a colored swim cap or be accompanied by a boat that displays a swimmer's flag. "This allow boaters to see and identify swimmers in open water," wrote DEMOCRAT PAUL INGERSOLL who suggested a red cap be worn by the swimmer, although the color and form would be left up to the agency rulemaking. Sunapee DEMOCRAT REP. SUZANNE GOTTLING sponsored the bill. The House Transportation Committee unimanously endorsed it, although the committee reduced it from applying on all lakes in the state. The mandate would only apply to the state's largest water bodies: lakes Newfound, Ossipee, Squam, Sunapee, WINNIPESAUKEE and Winnisquam.

Don't you just LOVE Liberals? :yes: John..... Ill bet ya a drink that will never become law.:wavey:

DonziJon
03-23-2009, 06:33 PM
..... Ill bet ya a drink that will never become law.:wavey:

The way things are goin....Who Knows? John

Carl C
03-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Would redheads be exempt?
:outtahere:

gold-n-rod
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Ever been running along the blue line and suddenly see a head and 2 swinging arms ahead in the water? It's not a comforting site, but somehow, I don't see how a cap would change things. I don't understand why swimmers in a big lake think they have the right of way... Oh wait, aren't they also bicyclists?

mike o
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
The way things are goin....Who Knows? John... John, it was a Republican who filed a the speed limit law. From Belmont. The problem is, theres 375 + legislators here in this little state.....that have nothing better to do than come up with this stuff.

DonziJon
03-23-2009, 08:07 PM
... John, it was a Republican who filed a the speed limit law. From Belmont. The problem is, theres 375 + legislators here in this little state.....that have nothing better to do than come up with this stuff.

Mike..I know. Republicans embarrass me these days. Totally. I'm a Conservative. Republicans are total ass wipes for liberals. Sad but true. NH is going the way of Rhode Island. Rhode Island has been Democrat for 70 years. John

roadtrip se
03-23-2009, 09:08 PM
for the punch line or the implied humor. None here so far.

Just Say N20
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
And, red is actually a very bad color for the swim cap. In low light conditions, reflected red is the first color you lose, as it is the longest wavelength. It should be a neon orange, or florescent yellow, or electric teal. :biggrin:

Seriously. It's a physics thing.

Ghost
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
And, red is actually a very bad color for the swim cap. In low light conditions, reflected red is the first color you lose, as it is the longest wavelength. It should be a neon orange, or florescent yellow, or electric teal. :biggrin:

Seriously. It's a physics thing.

First thing I that came to mind when I read the description of the bill above.

mattyboy
03-24-2009, 07:42 AM
I am not sure i see the humor in this let me see there are some possibilities, but they are very layer 3 type protocols

1. regulation of common sense??? living near or on the water most of my life once you gave up the alligator noodle and became a man 10 yrs old or so if you wanted to prove yourself you had to swim across the lake. our beach is at the widest point and swim over to the rocks and dive off and swim back about a 2 and 1/4 mile swim round trip Little more than a mile one way . the rules were given to us by the adults( different world back then) we needed a row man someone to take the rowboat and accompany us same guy who kept the matches and cigarettes dry ;) other rules one falls back we all fall back, the swim could only be done weekeday mornings never on weekends too busy then , couldn't do the swim until 20 minutes after lunch ;) and the row boat needed floatation devices for everyone ( throwable cushions) and a stick with a red bandanna( we were from the bronx WTF did we know of a swimmers flag :tongue: ) on it as a signal I made the trip several times but i have to tell ya all the rules we didn't need to be told we knew we had common sense you are outside the swim ropes of the beach and in the boating section. we had kids who cramped up in the middle and soon got pulled in the boat, we also had a kid get cut up on the rocks diving of them and the row boat had to leave us and get him to a near by beach for first aid we waited at the rocks and someone came by with a motor boat to pick us up later ( after a lifeguard from the beach the hurt kid went to got him fixed up and got to a phone ). so the humor people today don't have the sense that a 10 year old had in the 70's???

2. the andrew dice clay, sam kinnison humor:

HEY $uck nutz they call it the swim area for a reason That's where you $uckin swim, Hey if you are STOOPID enough to swim outside the ropes and not have a boat with you in a BOATING area , you $uckin deserve to get hit ;)

3. IT's over my head ( punn intended) ;)

roadtrip se
03-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks Matty...

Coffee on keyboard based on option #2.

BUIZILLA
03-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't recall RED being an approved lifesaving color...

mattyboy
03-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't recall RED being an approved lifesaving color...

only on pam anderson ;)

boxy
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
only on pam anderson ;)
Z9UPh7KKyfs
FiTEeIWjZFU

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
The "HUMOR" that I find is that Polititions....both Democrat AND Republican have nothing better to do than come up with Lame ways to REGULATE everything in our lives. There is NO LIMIT on what they will come up with next. :biggrin: The next thing you know we will have a Speed Limit on the Big Lake. Yeh Yeh ..

My personal suggestion for the swimming issue would be a Safety Helmut with a Flashing Strobe Light on top, for swimmers outside the ropes. :yes: The Helmut would also have a Special attachment device for your "State Certified Swimming Licence"....sort of like a Hunting licence thingy......

I was being Facetious. :outtahere: John

mike o
03-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Mike..I know. Republicans embarrass me these days. Totally. I'm a Conservative. Republicans are total ass wipes for liberals. Sad but true. NH is going the way of Rhode Island. Rhode Island has been Democrat for 70 years. John... Anyway, anytime ya want the Squam lake tour. Just let me know.:yes:

Ghost
03-24-2009, 12:00 PM
The "HUMOR" that I find is that Polititions....both Democrat AND Republican have nothing better to do than come up with Lame ways to REGULATE everything in our lives. There is NO LIMIT on what they will come up with next. :biggrin: The next thing you know we will have a Speed Limit on the Big Lake. Yeh Yeh ..

My personal suggestion for the swimming issue would be a Safety Helmut with a Flashing Strobe Light on top, for swimmers outside the ropes. :yes: The Helmut would also have a Special attachment device for your "State Certified Swimming Licence"....sort of like a Hunting licence thingy......

I was being Facetious. :outtahere: John

With modern GPS and lithium battery technology, there is no reason every boat and swimmer shouldn't have a cap equipped with an Automatic Dependent Surveillance system, reporting his position on 1 or 2 second intervals back to a low-earth-orbit satellite constellation. Not only would boat owners have an LCD display to show all other boats, but the swimmers could have mandated mini-display swim goggles. This would not only make the boats aware of the swimmers locations, but it would also keep swimmers from bumping into one another. As a redundant safety layer, the swim caps must actually be helmets, to prevent head injury should two swimmers bang heads.

(Oh yeah, and all the swimmers and boaters must put their new tires on the rear of their vehicles. Unrelated, but we need to get this bill passed, and the ABA can get us the needed votes if we tack this on.)

Ed Donnelly
03-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks Boxy:mad:Watched the second Pam Video and couldn't get the song out of my head....Just wasted over an hour to find the info

I'll see you in my dreams by Giant

Ahhhhhhhhhhh feel better now:yes:...Ed

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 12:25 PM
With modern GPS and lithium battery technology, there is no reason every boat and swimmer shouldn't have a cap equipped with an Automatic Dependent Surveillance system, reporting his position on 1 or 2 second intervals back to a low-earth-orbit satellite constellation. Not only would boat owners have an LCD display to show all other boats, but the swimmers could have mandated mini-display swim goggles. This would not only make the boats aware of the swimmers locations, but it would also keep swimmers from bumping into one another. As a redundant safety layer, the swim caps must actually be helmets, to prevent head injury should two swimmers bang heads.

This is Totally Reasonable ...and in addition, there could be a Fish Warning Device for those who are afraid of rubbing up against slimy Fish, Snapping Turtles, White Eels, and other undesirables that frequent deep water. John

roadtrip se
03-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks Matty and now, Ghost...

As for me, it looks Totally Feasible. Jill and I sat out on the back deck last night and in a period of about twenty minutes counted half a dozen satellites cross over above us. Heck, there has to be some capacity on those things somewhere to make the track-the-moron-swimmer-in-the-Pamela-Anderson-Baywatch-swimsuit-I-mean-red-swim-cap bill work. I'm for it, just keep your nanny state up there in the Northeast, okay?

As for the humor in the politicians trying to protect us from ourselves, nope, still don't see it. Just some great folks taking a dumb issue and dumbing it down it even further to the point where there is IS some humor in it.

Ghost
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
This is Totally Reasonable ...and in addition, there could be a Fish Warning Device for those who are afraid of rubbing up against slimy Fish, Snapping Turtles, White Eels, and other undesirables that frequent deep water. John

To be fair, we need also to consider the sensitivity of the animals themselves. We'll need to funnel a few billion of stimulus money to some of our friends at PCU to do research on equipping the animals themselves with the Fish Warning Devices, or FiWaDs.

(Also, please be aware that the People for the Equal Treatment of Animals have filed a grievance against you for referring to various animals as "undesirables." Also, the People for the Equal Treatment of Plants have filed a grievance against you for ignoring plants altogether in your post, and in many of your previous posts--a clear pattern of behavior. Last, the National Association for the Raising of Deep Water has filed a grievance against you for referring to deep water as "deep water" rather than "water of depth," despite the fact that they haven't changed their own name from NARDW to NARWD. Just sayin'.)

Edit: PETA has filed a grievance against me for using the term FiWaDs, which is speciesist, and the devices are intended for and by avoiding all species. They have demanded we change the term to All Subaquatic Species Warning and Avoidance Devices. (The acronym is left as an exercise for the reader.)

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 01:09 PM
To be fair, we need also to consider the sensitivity of the animals themselves. We'll need to funnel a few billion of stimulus money to some of our friends at PCU to do research on equipping the animals themselves with the Fish Warning Devices, or FiWaDs.

(Also, please be aware that the People for the Equal Treatment of Animals have filed a grievance against you for referring to various animals as "undesirables." Also, the People for the Equal Treatment of Plants have filed a grievance against you for ignoring plants altogether in your post, and in many of your previous posts--a clear pattern of behavior. Last, the National Association for the Raising of Deep Water has filed a grievance against you for referring to deep water as "deep water" rather than "water of depth," despite the fact that they haven't changed their own name from NARDW to NARWD. Just sayin'.)

Edit: PETA has filed a grievance against me for using the term FiWaDs, which is speciesist, and the devices are intended for and by avoiding all species. They have demanded we change the term to All Subaquatic Species Warning and Avoidance Devices. (The acronym is left as an exercise for the reader.)

Have you ever come Face to Face with a White Eel while swimming? It ain't pretty......Talk about undesirable....:biggrin.: :biggrin:. They used to have them in the Passaic River..Northern NJ near where I was brought up. :yes: John

Ghost
03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Not sure I've seen a white eel, swimming or not. Green yes. And seen a snake eat a green eel 2/3 its size. That was pretty cool.

BTW: I'm informed that I have just been successfully sued by the Fair Use of Keyboard Keys by Plants and Everything People Leftout. F.U.K.K.P.E.P.L. has secured a court order requiring me to use all keyboard keys equally.

Apparently, I have to comply within !#$%^&*()(_+{}[]:";',./<>?...

boxy
03-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Have you ever come Face to Face with a White Eel while swimming? It ain't pretty......Talk about undesirable....:biggrin.: :biggrin:. They used to have them in the Passaic River..Northern NJ near where I was brought up. :yes: John

Is that the same thing as a Coney Island Whitefish (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Coney%20Island%20whitefish)?????? :pimp:

roadtrip se
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
BTW: I'm informed that I have just been successfully sued by the Fair Use of Keyboard Keys by Plants and Everything People Leftout. F.U.K.K.P.E.P.L. has secured a court order requiring me to use all keyboard keys equally.

Apparently, I have to comply within !#$%^&*()(_+{}[]:";',./<>?...

!@#%&*()+)+!$#%^&*()__":{}?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I nominate this string be included in the Hall of Jefe Clique fame!

~!@#%^()__(()&*%*&+!!!!!

boxy
03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Most responsible owners of turkey skin luggage are usually quite aware of the geographical relationship between their location, and the proximity of any schools, or playgrounds.
I use 10 miles, or 11:00 PM as sort of a personal guideline......

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Is that the same thing as a Coney Island Whitefish (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Coney%20Island%20whitefish)?????? :pimp:

TOTALLY one in the same. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: John

Ghost
03-24-2009, 04:27 PM
TOTALLY one in the same. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: John

I'm starting to think I HAVE seen this euphemism. Pretty often, too.

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
So getting back to a more serious evaluation of the proposed NH Statute..(HB-224), here is a link the Lake Winnipesaukee website where this is being discussed. I post it here for Informational Purposes Only. Results may vary. :yes: John

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7448

Carl C
03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
serious :yes: John

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7448

Serious??? Reading that thread made me laugh out loud.:rlol:

DonziJon
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Serious??? Reading that thread made me laugh out loud.:rlol:

Carl: I presume you didn't read ALL the posts but just scanned the short ones. After a few you can get a flavor for how it's going. In these times LAUGHING is GOOD....don't you agree? :yes: :yes: John

Carl C
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Carl: I presume you didn't read ALL the posts but just scanned the short ones. After a few you can get a flavor for how it's going. In these times LAUGHING is GOOD....don't you agree? :yes: :yes: John I read them all but speed read the longer ones;). Freakin' priceless.:rlol: