PDA

View Full Version : Trueser......

Donziweasel
03-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Just wondering about the wake on the 28 ZX. With twins, is it a good ski/ wakeboard wake? Does it do anything funky?

Got Boo Boo on the 28ZXO kick, but want to make sure it is a decent wakeboard boat. I know even Mastercraft (X-Star) and others are making twins ski/wakeboard boats, but these are V-drives and inboards.

19donziz29
03-22-2009, 08:43 AM
This is Matt (trueser's son), I wakeboard quite a bit, and have done it off my Z29! It's fun but it's definately not a Mastercraft. I've been in the 28ZX quite a bit, but haven't tried wakeboarding off it yet, the wake is pretty messy with the props turning in. Who cares it's fun either way, plus how often do you see people wakeboarding off big PowerBoats!

FISHIN SUCKS
03-22-2009, 12:48 PM
while I have not wakeboarded off of ours, I am seriously considering getting a wake surf board because I can definitely get the curl right off the transom.

BlownCrewCab
03-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Maybe wakeboarding from 1000hp critter will be good enough, Just a Thought......

Trueser
03-22-2009, 03:20 PM
This would not be my pick for wakeboard/Skiing/tubing.

Larry Mann
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
If I could afford a second boat, it would be a Donzi as they are one of the coolest boats on the water.

However, DO NOT WAKE SURF behind a Donzi.

While you may be able to, it is an incredibly bad idea. While wake surfing, especially as a beginner, you will occasionally hit the "sweet" spot in the wave and it will push you forward and into the back of the boat; and the propeller if an Inboard/Outboard. Obviously, an I/O is the wrong boat to have for wakesurfing.

For more information, go to www.HowToWakeSurf.com (http://www.howtowakesurf.com/)

Donziweasel
03-23-2009, 10:39 AM
This would not be my pick for wakeboard/Skiing/tubing.

The 28 ZX or the 1000 hp Critter.....

Trueser
03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
The 28ZX Silly

FISHIN SUCKS
03-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Understand this, it probably won't happen behind our boat for one reason (and not because of the outdrives). While I understand the concern of surfing by the outdrive, it is physically not possible to fall into the prop off of the 28ZX from where the curl is in proportion to either the port or starboard outdrives located underneath the molded swim platform. My reason is Barbi has about zero interest in driving the boat, she just likes to ride, layout, drink, dance and sleep on this baby.

BTW DW, that '05 ZXO is beautiful. For the location, you could time that just right for picking it up and hitting AOTH for your maiden voyage with it. Good luck,
tom

Donziweasel
03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
The Hedgehog managed to say some more good things in front of Boo Boo about it (thanks Bill) and she really likes it. Front bow area is HUGE. In the cabin, you have two seats that "pull out" to make one small berth. Sink, bathroom, etc..... Perfect for a family with new twins.

She loves to wakeboard though, and this could be a sticking issue.....

Trueser
03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
The Hedgehog managed to say some more good things in front of Boo Boo about it (thanks Bill) and she really likes it. Front bow area is HUGE. In the cabin, you have two seats that "pull out" to make one small berth. Sink, bathroom, etc..... Perfect for a family with new twins.

She loves to wakeboard though, and this could be a sticking issue.....

The sink and Bathroom on a 28 is a stretch. More like sink and porta potty. My wife loves the 28ZX. The ZXO is set up different. I think if you are looking for a wakeboard/family boat you need to find something different.