PDA

View Full Version : And I thought I knew my Donzis. . .

Just Say N20
03-19-2009, 11:55 AM
:confused:

Is this for real? The second picture will help prevent stiff necks. :biggrin.:

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/1081601992.html

Last Tango
03-19-2009, 12:40 PM
So, my question(s) back to you:
1.Are YOU aware that, yes there were 14' Baby Donzi's made back then, and 7 is about the right number. To the best of my knowlege, they were all outboards. Last one I saw was a very beautifully restored baby blue one done as a gift to a SEADOG's spouse and presented for our affection at the Hometown Gathering a couple years ago.
2. Do you think it would be worth any possible number close to $25,000. today, even if it had a brand new custom matching trailer?

The stripe looks out of proportion to me. It also appears to run the stripe through same color vinyl seat.

Correction to my comments above: I meant to put inboard/outboards, not just outboards. Bad typing and self-editing.

chappy
03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I thought the baby's were i/o's?

Just Say N20
03-19-2009, 12:46 PM
I was aware that there were 14' Baby Donzis, but the two I have seen pictures of were I/O. This picture doesn't show very much about the boat, and the ad says even less.

Would it bring $25K? In another thread people are repeating the adage that something is worth what someone else is willing to pay you for it. It seems unlikely to reach that number, but who knows? There might be that wealthy Donzi collector out there who has been lusting after a 14 since childhood.

VetteLT193
03-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I thought the baby's were i/o's?

me too...

windshield looks wrong on the one for sale with a Sea-ray-esque bimini attached to it.

mattyboy
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
:rolleyes: I hope you are aware that some people need to brush up on their donzi history ;) the keepers of the golden prop of knowledge are not happy ;)

2 donzi models were referred to as baby

one would be the 14 about 13 were made give or take 1 or 2 all i/o

the other would be the baby 16 outboard and yes they were all outboards and around 170 give or take 3 or 5 were made

please refer to this

http://www.donzi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=514

not sure what the boat for sale is with that pic is is not worth a word let alone a 1000

mattyboy
03-19-2009, 01:18 PM
it appears to be a benchseat that could make it a 14 donzi baby they came with a low profile windshield not the one in the pic and surely not a bimini.

what shape keel does it have??

LOA???

the stripes look very formula junior-ish

the deck looks baby-ish

a pic of her ass would help

VetteLT193
03-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Also appears to be RH drive which was odd back then but normal for baby Donzi (I think)

ChromeGorilla
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
It's here in Jax.... perhaps I could call the fellow and see if I could go see the boat in person and take some pictures for an out of town friend who is interested........:yes:

Just thinking out loud.

Donzi Racer
03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
it appears to be a benchseat that could make it a 14 donzi baby they came with a low profile windshield not the one in the pic and surely not a bimini.

what shape keel does it have??

LOA???

the stripes look very formula junior-ish

the deck looks baby-ish

a pic of her ass would help

Matty, I know of this boat. It is in Jacksonville Fl. I listed pics of it a year or two back. It has a 140hp 4cyl in it and a power trim Alpha drive which are both newer. I have pics of it somewhere. I will try and find them and post. As Matty said, there were 13 of these babies supposedly made. I have been able to find 9 of them so far still in existance. They came with either a 80 hp Renault or 120 hp Chevy 2 style engine. They were only made for 1 year, 1967. We had a white with red stripe one in 1967 and it was a wonderful little jewel. I found the original post where I listed it. Here it is with th pics.
Click here: What about a 1967 BABY DONZI? - The Donzi Registry (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51629&highlight=14+baby)
Tom

mattyboy
03-19-2009, 04:23 PM
yes right hand helm as Tom said most were merc drives and in 67 merc didn't have a LH drive but if they had to go to a volvo no problem just switch the rotation on the drive