PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mower trailer hitch?

VetteLT193
03-19-2009, 08:34 AM
I've seen some people use their riding lawn mower to move the boat around...

I have a small Craftsman rider (LT1000, 42" deck). is this possible to use it to move my Minx? If so, who makes the attachment to do this?

I added a fence to my yard and it's a bit tight getting the boat back there. It is doable, but if I could just move the boat around with the mower it would be super easy.

BlownCrewCab
03-19-2009, 08:49 AM
If you can put the hitch on the front it's even easier. I have a similar mower to yours and moved my 18' around with it. If I had to do it over I'd make a reciever for the front.

zelatore
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
If so, who makes the attachment to do this?

er, I think YOU make it. Bust out that welder! and if you don't have one, what better excuse to go pick up a small 110v mig and learn?

See - my plan is perfect. It stimulates the economy to make things better for all of us while retraining you in a new job field just in case it doesn't!

MOP
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Ditto on the front hitch, we used one in our yard years back. You will need to jack the front tire pressure up to about 20lbs, it makes moving in tight quarters a dream!

blackboat
03-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I tried moving my 20 foot sutphen around with a murray 17 hp 42inch deck & spun tires. I never tried from front and also have some slope to my driveway which might have been the problem. If the grade was real flat it probably would work. :rlol: