PDA

View Full Version : What's My Donzi Worth In Real Money?

Dr. Dan
03-18-2009, 07:06 PM
:spongebob:So nothing lasts forever... if I was to put my boat on the market what do you think would be Fair Market Value.

1993 22 Classic King Cobra w HP500EFI...lots of updates... runs a consistent real 80mph GPS. Torque is like a drag car. Pics can be seen under my member gallery on www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

Comes with a completely rebuilt Custom Performance Trailer in Black all new Paint, Sealed Beam, Dual Torsion Axle with Disc Brakes on Each Axle, LED lights and center brake light like a MYCO design, 2 Spare Tire Mounts and Tires and Wheels. All associated props and gear for the boat including anchors, lines, etc.

Just feeling things out as I make some significant changes in my "Way of Life!"

Vote on the Poll.

Doc of True Market Values :wavey:

gcarter
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Hmmmmm........
No one seems to want to add any content to their vote.:confused:

Last Real Texan
03-18-2009, 09:19 PM
IN this market being the boat is now 16 years old even with all the goodies installed I would say between 15-18 K ......Don't shoot the messenger.....in a good market more like 25 K....

Just my 2 cents worth...

sounds like a really nice ride.:beer:

Tex

roadtrip se
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Just when I am putting the plans together to throw a full down leap frog on ya, and Dwight is just now catching up with both of us, you sell?

Best way to find out what the boat is worth? Put it in the ads dude. It will bring nice coin. If not, I guess you keep it, and then you really know what it could bring.

Keeper of the Flowerpot, two years running...you just wait.

HOWARD O
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice try, Dan. April 1st is still a couple weeks away. :wink:

Ghost
03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I rounded. Figured 20k ish for the boat+2500 for the trailer...

Only 'cause the market sucks.

Pulling for better if you opt to let it go.

Trueser
03-18-2009, 10:26 PM
If I were in your shoes I would start @ 25K.

It's not like you have to sell it.

Good Luck

mjw930
03-19-2009, 05:43 AM
I voted $25K based on the response I got selling my '87 with a brand new trailer underneath. You would think the HP500EFI should push the price to close to $30K but it would take the right buyer to understand the significance.

Most just want a reliable, turn key boat that looks good. I think that's what let me command the price I'm getting.

You wouldn't know the market was soft based on the response I got. I'm pleasantly surprised.

glashole
03-19-2009, 06:35 AM
if you took care of it I am sure it would bring more money

the way it is now I would say scrap it

Last Real Texan
03-19-2009, 06:48 AM
I have to say that in this market what things are worth and what they will bring are two different #'s....the rig is worth 25-30 in hard value but with the slumping economy and doom and gloom everywhere things that are worth less on the open market...the old addage holds true here "it is really worth what someone is willing to pay"...

Tex

Carl C
03-19-2009, 07:00 AM
I can't believe I am the first to vote 35k. Maybe it's because I have seen this boat and I have seen the engine room. Unless there is some serious flaw I don't know about....y'all are crazy!

VetteLT193
03-19-2009, 07:13 AM
How many hours on the HP? curious about top end rebuild time. Parts needed for them have been a biach to get lately.

Boat looks great. high 20's for the right buyer.

BUIZILLA
03-19-2009, 07:45 AM
i'm going to go out an a limb...

if there's a nicer boat out there for it's age, and the package involved, on this entire planet, show it to me and i'll give you $100 bill

keep in mind this is a heavy layup CC hull and outruns damn near anything that's 300-500#'s lighter...

any takers?

Donziweasel
03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
From someone who just sold my 16, I voted 20,000.00. My 16 was worth around 13,500.00 IMO. I got 11,500.00. New engine, 377 hp, 1997, loaded. In this economy, things just ain't selling for what they would have a year ago.

Carl C
03-19-2009, 09:22 AM
The engine is worth $20,000

But what do I know....:umbrella:

Dr. Dan
03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
:worthy:Thanks Jim...I see you put your money where your mouth is....its a strong running boat for sure... its definitely not the fastest by any means...but its as turn key as you can get given the trinkets that are in it collectively.

Before I parted with the boat I would have all the Gel, sanded and and dings repaired and also I would include a full Valve Train Refresh to Merc Specs on the HP500EFI. Thats worth some jing right there... about 200 hours total on the motor right now... the Oil gets changed in between each Event so figure at least 4 times during the Season and then once at Splash Time in Spring and its stored with Clean Oil in Winter.... this last one was an exception as I was otherwise occupied apparrently(Heart Attack) so thats 6 changes a year if you're counting.

I also have been told the motor is healthy and likely putting out closer to the 540 mark in little ponies. I also have the first King Cobra Steering Bracket, care of Poodle...its not on the boat yet.. but steering is coming in the future.

I figure I have a documented $40,000 + in it...and that was before last season. Its on a Surveyed Agreed Value Insurance Policy for $45,000 for the Boat alone...the Trailer is the nicest one Performance made for a 22 Classic. It looks like Pearsons...only Black with Red LED's not white and my brakes actually work, maybe too well sometimes.:biggrin.:

This is all very interesting...I appreciate the feedback...this is all proving a point I was trying to make... so thanks to those that responded.

Keep the feedback coming.... it (the boat) is only worth what its worth...whatever the Market will bring. We have a saying at my company...the right price is the price it SELLS AT!!!!

I bought this boat with the original 454 in it and the Teal Trailer for $20,500 back in the Fall of 2000. I think I might hold out for a few dollars more...just a thought.

So its all relative.:doh:

Doc of Crude Boat Valuations :wavey:

blackboat
03-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Dont we wish we aged as gracefully as fiberglass! Boat is better than new!!!! :yes:

VetteLT193
03-19-2009, 10:53 AM
If you are doing the top end anytime soon I strongly suggest picking up the parts now. The lifters and cam are crane products and were hard to get even when they were in business. I did a TON of searching for them when my brother was rebuilding his 500 and they couldn't be bought at any price.

They finally got stocked up but who the heck knows how many parts are on the shelves and who will make the parts now that crane is gone.

Dr. Dan
03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
If you are doing the top end anytime soon I strongly suggest picking up the parts now. The lifters and cam are crane products and were hard to get even when they were in business. I did a TON of searching for them when my brother was rebuilding his 500 and they couldn't be bought at any price.
They finally got stocked up but who the heck knows how many parts are on the shelves and who will make the parts now that crane is gone.

Thanks for the heads up...it really won't matter - when it gets freshened up its not really gonna be able to claim its stock any longer... too many Players in the Game. It will all be gone through... its just gonna look the same from the outside more or less.

One boat at a time... I gotta learn this multi ownership thing is a real balancing act.

Thanks Again Vette.

Doc :kingme:

roadtrip se
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
I can't vote. Tripster would go off on one of his tears if he found out yours was worth more than his IMO...
Don't sell it mon, don't sell it...

MP has made a consistent stream of consistently lower offers on the Flowerpot over the years. I think we are right around $18K at the moment.
As for comparing mine to Danny's in value? Not the same boat in any way really, except for the little 500 plate on the intake, but keep trying...

A decent 500EFI can be bought for $10-12K, but everything that goes with it typically doubles the cost of the re-rig. As for freshening the top, there are other pieces available, depending on what you need.

All speculation of course, but this would be about the worst time to sell a boat of any sort, much less a unique piece.

If he gets serious, I WILL go on the Terror.

mattyboy
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
I'll explain my vote

The trailer is a custom made sealed steel trailer and has just been re vamped to new by the mfg'r

the boat has a great layup and it is heavy and has a ride angle that i have not seen on any other 22 classic it is perfect. weather it be the layup or the king cobra the boat runs true and flat and fast

now besides the little touches dan has put in to it the battery boxes and the and the other bling that makes the boat really nice
is the motor now the motor is one of those things that ya say well maybe the stars aligned or it is wound tight, warmed up or whatever, that motor makes some real power more than any other 500 I have seen

last would be the care that the boat recieves top notch well maintained

so I voted for 30 k and realistically i think that is the high number and 25k would be the low number

BUIZILLA
03-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Danny, listen to Vette... :wink:

which begs the question, since I'm seriously considering selling my Critter soon, i'm almost embarrassed to ask the value on it, and i'm way north of 40k in it... i'm afraid to start a poll on that after seeing some crucifying here :cool: but i'll deliver it to AOTH if a buyer surfaces.... then Danny and I can talk...

if anyone ever saw the thru hull sender hole fuzzy and I had patched in our CC hull you'd find every one you could find....

roadtrip se
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Danny, listen to Vette... :wink:

If this cooment is directed at me, an that is IF, I have been doing my listening with folks like Innovation and Sterling on the 500EFI re-fresh
or re-build equation. Plenty of options other than Crane and I had already looked at ways to avoid them any way, especially with springs which are the achilles of these things any way.

zelatore
03-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Well, early on I voted at $25K.

My reasoning went like this-

On this board, the boat is known and respected both because of what it is and who owns it. Those 'in the know' understand exactly what's going on with it and would be willing to pay a premium, even in this market. Assuming they were in a position to do so.

But this board represents a relatively small market. To sell it, you need to reach out to the general public. Then you loose a lot of the mojo.

For the general public, the age and the King aren't helping matters. And although it's a matter of taste, I don't think the teal is one of the more popular colors either. If you could get a potential buyer to the boat, they can see it themselves and realize some of the details that set it apart but when Joe Boat Buyer is scanning the ads the first thing he will see is the listed price followed by the year, then the motor/drive. That makes it harder to get him out to see the boat in the first place.

So I'd love to say $30K, but these days I just don't think it's there. I think it's 'worth' it, but I don't think the market will support that price.

BTW, you could have made this much easier on yourself if you'd have just offered it to me a few years ago when I asked you to check out that '01 over at Jackson...

BUIZILLA
03-19-2009, 11:23 AM
If this cooment is directed at me, where the hell did you get that from :confused:

it wasn't :cool:

roadtrip se
03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
And I was trying so hard to stay off the terror route... Now I'm pissed for being pissed.

Oh well, if you can't get worked up over your hobby, especially one like this one, what else is there?

Dr. Dan
03-19-2009, 11:53 AM
:kingme: Zel I agree with what you said...I still have the pics of your boat that I took... and it is not the right market to sell anything right now. So as a reality check I posted this...plus its a nasty day here and I haven't even seen my boat since September... its been in Storage in a secluded Top Secret location where all stock 502's go to hybernate and develop more horsepower than the average Flowerpots or Blue Tankini Removal vessels. :biggrin.:

Soon it will spring to life and I will say ..."this is not my beautiful house, omg what have I done...many good days gone by..." got to love the Talking Heads.

Rest assured it( the Donzi ) is not going anywhere anytime soon... but hasn't this been fun? Makes me want to go medicate myself...oooops I already do that now twice a day.

Todd its time to change that fertilizer in your Flower Pot and just to be clear...this is directed at you! :rlol:

Hopefully the boat will still float. I mean technically its only a Chris Craft runabout.

Seriously if had to do all over again...I would do it all the same....if ya really wanna get into her...I mean really into her. Shea thats at you mister scrap value ...?

Doc of Phantom Sales & Mystified Opinions :spongebob:

txtaz
03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Just a FYI. An '05 22c, 496 HO with 23 hours in Florida sold for $21,900. I missed it by a few days and that was a GREAT deal.

Da Taz<---BTW, what is with this flower pot thingy? You girls planting flowers or something, or is it my pot is pretier than yours type of thing?

mattyboy
03-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Just a FYI. An '05 22c, 496 HO with 23 hours in Florida sold for $21,900. I missed it by a few days and that was a GREAT deal.
Da Taz<---BTW, what is with this flower pot thingy? You girls planting flowers or something, or is it my pot is pretier than yours type of thing?

there's you measuring stick now put them side by side and then run them and then tell me Dan's isn't worth 25k on a bad day :yes:

glashole
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Part it out

have a "my heart can't take a real speed demon so i am going to a pantera sale" or "wife says i can only have 1 toy sale"

I guess I will start and take all the good stuff

the 1 piece back seat $500.00
the LED trailer lights $45.00
I will also take those special dock post bumpers $18.00 each

my friend has a bayliner with one of those grey drives on it so I guess he could use an extra one with whatever steering thing you were mentioning
$800.00

I guess everything else is up for grabs

:outtahere:

send me a bill and bring my parts and bumpers to the AOTH if you are still going

Dr. Dan
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM

The Flower Pot is all about Rooster Boy... and kinda like those old rotting boats you see that kinda turn into planters by default due to terminal neglect! Well that would be Todds boat..neglected, red and an anemic 500 that needs a shorty to be as slow as it is. Now it does shoot an awesome tail now...and well we all now what kinda performance you get with an awesome tail.

Oh that's right...we better save that one for AirBoy only he can answer questions about Tails.

:wavey:Fact is to get real for a minute here...we all love our boats...some older ones are super clean and defy age by any normal standard..and others that are newer just never seem to measure up to others by comparison...heck its the same way with cars or really anything.

What counts is that we (you) enjoy it and it gives you pleasure..kinda like the hot chic driving the Cadillac in the commercials..."when you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?" I can tell ya every single year I say to myself that I am gonna go do something radical with my boat...and then every single year I drive it and say whoa! I am not touching a thing...this thing is plenty quick the way it is.

To use one of my closest friends catch phrases... it's all good. I loved my boat when it went 59 mph...and I did the best I could with it...I had a great time... now I enjoy it even more in its current state... eventually its gonna need to go to the Doctor and get a check up...and who knows what kind of Transplant may occur - could be small bi-pass operation with some new hoses and stuff - or we could go with a full transplant...and change the World As We Know It... but in the end ya gotta ask yourself why?

Because its what we do... its the passion that lives within us all that makes us spend conservatively twice the amount of the value of the damn boat and we don't care! We keep doing it. Now its a certfiable condition anymore...heck look at Mick. The man is gonna need to check himself into Donzi Bling & Paint Rehab.:thumbsup:

Todd make sure I don't miss out on those Jalepeno Poppers this year or I am turning around and heading home - Bourbon Breath! :drinkbeer:

Doc the Frequent Recipient of Phantom Packages with Dog Earred Labels from Felons.:screwy:

txtaz
03-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Man that should read "Doc of the RT smack down". Dude I'm giving you a call for some pointers. "Can you hear me now Toddster"?

Yep you are right, we are nuts in how we feel about our boats and what we put into them. I rebuilt a Glastron/Carlson and put about $15k into it only to never run it because the 18c came along. I got half out when I sold it. That's the way it goes.

Our new boat will have all the goodies and built to what we want. It will be our last boat and the value will be what we get out of it and not what others consider the value to be. That's boating.

Da Taz

Carl C
03-19-2009, 01:53 PM

I still owe $40,000 on my '05 :(
I guess it doesn't matter since it's not for sale anyway and it's the first boat I've owned since new.
Actually only $39,640.75 but who's counting......:)

BERTRAM BOY
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
:Keep the feedback coming.... it (the boat) is only worth what its worth...whatever the Market will bring. We have a saying at my company...the right price is the price it SELLS AT!!!!

Wait, did you just end a sentence with a preposition? :biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

Ghost
03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Wait, did you just end a sentence with a preposition? :biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

LOL, or even:

What'd you end your sentence with a preposition for?

I still owe $40,000 on my '05 :(
I guess it doesn't matter since it's not for sale anyway and it's the first boat I've owned since new.
Actually only $39,640.75 but who's counting......:)

Mine's probably fallen so far in value that it makes no sense to sell it, probably ever.

Dr. Dan
03-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Man that should read "Doc of the RT smack down". Dude I'm giving you a call for some pointers. "Can you hear me now Toddster"?
Yep you are right, we are nuts in how we feel about our boats and what we put into them. I rebuilt a Glastron/Carlson and put about $15k into it only to never run it because the 18c came along. I got half out when I sold it. That's the way it goes.
Our new boat will have all the goodies and built to what we want. It will be our last boat and the value will be what we get out of it and not what others consider the value to be. That's boating.
Da Taz

Taz you are correct... actually Todd and I are good friends...and its all meant in good fun...except the Jalepeno Poppers now those are seriously good eatin.

Are you coming to Kentucky in May... maybe I will get a chance to meet you.

Danny :wavey:

txtaz
03-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Are you coming to Kentucky in May... maybe I will get a chance to meet you.
Danny :wavey:

I might, it's up it the air right now. I might catch a ride with HM, Jefe or Farmer. We'll see.

Da Taz<---mmmmmm, poppers. Got some in the deep freeze right now. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll bring some to Jamestown if we come and reserve them for "non-rubber duckie boys" only.

Ohh RT, did you ever get all those rubber duckies out of the flower pot?

BUIZILLA
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Wait, did you just end a sentence with a preposition? :biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.: knowing Danny, it was a proposition

txtaz
03-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Taz, even if you had a boat by the time AOTH roll's around, you wouldn't bring it cause we all know your having nightmares about the "Revenge of the duckies part deaux"..

What are you talking about? I'm still waiting for revenge part one...Knowing Todd, he's chewing at the bit. Maybe he will have to come to PK for revenge. Jill would like that.

Orchestrator Extraordinaire of extracurricular late night activities...

Claiming any responsibility here for up coming activities?

Da Taz<---Still rubber duckie free.

roadtrip se
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Abuse is a flying and unlike the normal route I would take, I am going to run on the high road for just a moment.

I fail to see how a blow-out recent vintage and stock 22 has anything to do with the value of a highly customized and completely tweaked 22. While it may not be oranges and apples, it certainly is an oranges and grapefruits kind of thing.

I won't speak to Danny's, even though I could. I can speak to mine. When I got it as a stock 502 boat, it was what it was, a stock 502 boat.

After I got done tearing the engine out, replacing it with a 500EFI, removing the Gaffirg2's and replacing with redlines and a custom dash plate with stainless bezels and GPS speedo, pulling all of the wiring out, cutting it to the proper length, and re-rigging it with cushion clamps every six inches, installing a twin ram latham steering system, completely re-engineering the helm and installing a new steering wheel, installing custom battery boxes and rewiring the battery cables, drilling holes and installing pull up cleats, replacing all of the cheap crap plastic acrylic in the windshield and replacing with Lexan, designing and welding custom tails to utilize the Corsa divertor with the CMI tails, messing around with a thousand other tweaks like a custom drive shower, tossing out the cans for some straight cut exhaust tips, installing an XR shortie, and trying 20+ props and buying five, and finally putting an a real trailer under the thing, it is is mine, Flowerpot and all.

Comparing it to anyone else's boat and placing a value on it is just a wild SWAG. It doesn't drive like anybody else's boat. It is tuned to my tastes and runs like I want it to. It acclerates like a muther and tops out at 80-ish. You can't buy that directly from the factory. And just as it would to acquire Danny's teal beast, it would take somebody special to even earn the opportunity to acquire my 22, because there aren't many like it, if any others like it. It is my creation now, not Donzi's.

Now how do you put a value on that?

BUIZILLA
03-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Now how do you put a value on that?

very simple..........

start another poll

how much is a RED flower pot worth?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

roadtrip se
03-19-2009, 04:08 PM
About five bucks... I am thinking about some nice petunias for this year...

Now leave me alone, I have to get back to loading BB's into some plastic duckies for my Texas friend's new 22 Classic baptisim...

Ghost
03-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Is it fair to say that at present, with the crappy general market, but with pockets of afficionados still around, there is a far larger then usual pricing dependence on a particular buyer, his wants, his knowledge, and his financial situation? (In my case, my boat is probably worth a lot more to me than it is to the current market, so why sell it unless I need the money to eat?)

Feels like in better times, the market might drive more uniform pricing, but that fine granularity is drying up, and prices are simply more sensitive to the conditions of each transaction.

Put another way, maybe lots of differing opinions are right to a degree, and these weird times mean values are just more complex than in the past.

Just a thought.

mattyboy
03-19-2009, 04:36 PM
ok for all you low ballers out there
take that 21k 05 496 22 and make it run like Dan's then tell me how much you spent to get there even in the crappy economy i think the rule of thumb still goes a mph = 1K so add 6k 7k to that price :yes:

flower power :worthy::rlol:

Barry Eller
03-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Not to change the subject...but, how many Donzi by Chris Craft are here on the registry, mine and Dr. Dan's are the only ones I am aware of. Anyone know how much heavier the CC Donzis' are?

Ghost
03-19-2009, 04:55 PM
BTW, I learned a lot more about the boat in the discussion after my response to the poll. So, my number would go up. On the flip side, I'm not sure that the number for the other 22 classic, discussed by comparison in RTSE's mail among others, doesn't seem a tad high to me. A good sell, in other words. FWIW.

chappy
03-19-2009, 06:13 PM
I voted 25k. Was torn between 25k-30k. Felt a little guilty about voting 25k. Little surprised by the poll results. Looks like many feel a turn key, 80 mph, bullet proof drive, brick chithouse of a hull's value is getting dragged down by the economy more than I thought.

Cool thread Doc.

Carl C
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I think everyone is sandbagging so the good Doc won't sell it. Good idea. I say scrap it out. ;)

mike o
03-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Not to change the subject...but, how many Donzi by Chris Craft are here on the registry, mine and Dr. Dan's are the only ones I am aware of. Anyone know how much heavier the CC Donzis' are?..... Only 2 here? That makes it a classic-classic 22- custom over built hull... with hypo power, and the teal would a be a special order color now.... so 30k.:biggrin.:

slapshot11
03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Doc,
Having just gone through this, my only comment would be that there are a fair number of people/buyers who appreciate well kept Donzi's and are willing to pay a fair price for the right boat. Even in this market. Right one as in one like yours. If I were you and selling (which I know you're not), I would list it in the high $20's - $30K and hold on until I got my fair price. While there are alot of boats for sale out there, there are not alot of Donzi Classic's and even fewer like yours. Maybe that's why they're called "Classics".
Norm

gcarter
03-20-2009, 05:17 AM
I predict that;

Taz does NOT go to Kentucky
That Dan doesn't sell the Teal Beast but he will be sporting the proper steering package soon so that he can, after all this time, know how fast it really goes
That RT has to travel all the way to San Antonio to get revenge
And that next year a certain TR will be finished and because of extensive hull and deck reinforcements would be a good candidate for anyones attempt at a skunk works project, even if doesn't carry the "Brand de Jour" of external steering cylinders.

Dr. Dan
03-20-2009, 09:34 AM
:wavey: Wow I just got like 6 emails and 4 private mail offers that are not listed amounts on my little survey... one gentleman is from overseas.

Hmmm? Who woulda thunk it?

Just goes to show we all don't know all we think we know. This could get interesting. :doh:

Doc of Marine Sales :lame2:

Just Say N20
03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
:wavey: Wow I just got like 6 emails and 4 private mail offers that are not listed amounts on my little survey... one gentleman is from overseas.

Someone offered less than $15,000?!

Oh, the shame of it all. :biggrin:

glashole
03-20-2009, 09:50 AM

Hmmm? Who woulda thunk it?

Just goes to show we all don't know all we think we know. This could get interesting. :doh:

was it for parts or did they want the entire boat?

Carl C
03-20-2009, 09:57 AM
.....someone may have stumbled on a uniquely effective way to market a boat............

Dr. Dan
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
.....someone may have stumbled on a uniquely effective way to market a boat............

Nah never I don't even have a Sales & Marketing backgorund... I mean where would I start... I really have no idea what you're suggesting?

But we'll see where the "Parts" end up...

Shea you owe me drinks by the way, seriously! :kingme:

Doc of Distortions and Cosmic Interludes :screwy:

boxy
03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
ok for all you low ballers out there
take that 21k 05 496 22 and make it run like Dan's then tell me how much you spent to get there even in the crappy economy i think the rule of thumb still goes a mph = 1K so add 6k 7k to that price :yes:
flower power :worthy::rlol:
Matty, what would the top end be on a 05 496? I think your 6-7K estimate may be a little light :D

My old CC 22 is not on the registry anymore, but as I have stated several, nay, MANY times, it was one of, if not THE, best put together 22 classics I have ever seen.

It maybe really well put together, but given the fact that it is "known" by Marine based LEO's from SoFla to the St. Lawrence and you can only run it at night to avoid harrassment, sort of takes the shine off of it .... :troll: :troll:

boxy
03-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Nah never I don't even have a Sales & Marketing backgorund... I mean where would I start... I really have no idea what you're suggesting?
But we'll see where the "Parts" end up...
Shea you owe me drinks by the way, seriously! :kingme:
Doc of Distortions and Cosmic Interludes :screwy:

Hannah and Ali want Uncle Doc to keep their boat for at least 1 more year .... :D :D

roadtrip se
03-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Last fall, I mentioned that I might be interested in upgrading to a Scorpion 28ZX, when a nice one popped up here for sale. The 18 Scorpion was gone in four days at a fair price.

In another example, I mentioned that I had bought all new drive components for the Flowerpot. Within minutes I was receiving PMs wanting to know what had happend to the old shortie. Same story.

Best buyer is a knowledgable buyer. So Buiz, how many inquiries off the Crit comment you slipped in here?

BUIZILLA
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM
-zero-

mattyboy
03-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Matty, what would the top end be on a 05 496? I think your 6-7K estimate may be a little light :D

Boxy

I have been accused of being really negative lately, so I have been trying to take a positive attitude perhaps a little to positive ;)

so a stock 496 ho boat is not a 75 mph boat???

what's a few mph between friends ??? really how much is it worth after the run smoking a stogie sipping a oak aged single malt and bustin a friends chops til the cows come home :yes:

;) :) :tongue:

and that omc boat of poodles had beadie little exhaust ports easily recognized in any mug shot

Barry Eller
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Those weren't exhaust ports, they were custom built drive oil warming devices. Only wimpy drive owning Merc guys have the need to actually COOL their oil...

Hey Poodle, that boat doesn't have a "Boot Stripe"?

Air 22
03-22-2009, 06:57 AM
1. Nice try...The second u turn that BLUE ANIMAL over this Spring and it comes to life for yet another spectacular season all thoughts of selling will evaporate instantly.:biggrin.: How do I know this? Well after running my BLUE ANIMAL for the first time yesterday.. selling the boat is about as likely as winning the lottery.:rolleyes:

2. Letting Todd off the hook with his flower pot is not an option.:rolleyes:

3. "WE' won't let u sell it...and "YOU" know who that is..:biggrin.:

4. I"m FINALLY able to Keep Up...

5. YOU Sir Introduced me to this insanity Mr. Clean way of shining R boats like no others...The standards of such behavior will not waiver..:biggrin:

6. You have one of the most unique 22C's in existence period...How do I know this..I've driven ur "Little Blue Pill'...been up close and personal to it...
she is your second best love....:bighug::beer:

BTW 40K...not a penny less...just my 2cents...I can relate cuz putting a pkg together in like yours today and do it right takes some coin...no way around that:wink:

Looking fwd to run'n with ya and ur better half Lizzylicious...:kingme:

Donziweasel
03-22-2009, 08:07 AM
I have well north of 20,000.00 in my 16, got 11,500.00 for it.

Purchased a fully restored and beautiful Criterion for less than 20,000.00 (well less than 20,000). When was the last time one in the shape mine is in went for that? Was originally listed at almost 40,000.00.

Economy is making some great deals for buyers, but kicking sellers in the nuts......

Don't care how customized or what engine you have, no one is going to get what their Donzi is "worth" right now.....

BTW, which is holding it's value better right now, a highly customized Donzi or a rare one? IMO, niether.

mattyboy
03-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Dw,
true but even in a booming market no one was going to get back what they have in it , might be a good bit more than today but that is the sickness we live with, I still think certain areas of the donzi market are a good investment that hold their value well in the boat market and in these times they depreciate alot slower than other boats

roadtrip se
03-22-2009, 11:50 AM
and I am not selling it either. Utilizing your logic John, Buiz just priced his Crit ("40-ish") at well over 2x what "market" is in comparison to what you paid for yours. Something tells me nobody is going to buy it for 50% of that or less, because he doesn't have to sell it...

Am I nuts enough to think that I would get out of my boat any where close to what I have in it? No, but if someone came along and offered me what a similar vintage stock boat is bringing in the market, I would tell them to not even bother coming out to look at it. The "market" is not the only thing that drives the prices of these boats...

I have well north of 20,000.00 in my 16, got 11,500.00 for it.
Purchased a fully restored and beautiful Criterion for less than 20,000.00 (well less than 20,000). When was the last time one in the shape mine is in went for that? Was originally listed at almost 40,000.00.
Economy is making some great deals for buyers, but kicking sellers in the nuts......
Don't care how customized or what engine you have, no one is going to get what their Donzi is "worth" right now.....
BTW, which is holding it's value better right now, a highly customized Donzi or a rare one? IMO, niether.

Cuda
03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
It all depends on how badly you want to sell it, and how badly someone with cash wants to buy it.

BUIZILLA
03-22-2009, 01:28 PM
actually RT, I didn't publicly price mine :wink:..... I stated what I had in it, less labor.. but we can discuss it over a Jack and lemonade... :biggrin:

Lenny
03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
and I am not selling it either. Utilizing your logic John, Buiz just priced his Crit ("40-ish") at well over 2x what "market" is in comparison to what you paid for yours.

What if I told you I know where one is for 20-ish... :) :kingme:

TBroccoli
03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Doc, I hope all is well. Maybe you should compare your boat with the boat your friend sold back around 9/19/08 (So i got a Friend). Your boat sounds a lot like his.:wink: He sold his for $42,500.
I hope you don't sell it. I figured you would if you got the pantera.

donzi2287
03-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I have a 500 hp, I think you are right there with an efi. You have a rare power option so with the right buyer, you'll get the money. 30k

Dr. Dan
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Doc, I hope all is well. Maybe you should compare your boat with the boat your friend sold back around 9/19/08 (So i got a Friend). Your boat sounds a lot like his.:wink: He sold his for $42,500.
I hope you don't sell it. I figured you would if you got the pantera.

:kingme:Tommy I don't have the Pantera yet... won't be a done deal until April-ish? Its heading down to Miami to get some items taken care of from the Survey... then its SeaTrial time...when it finally warms up.

I am keeping both boats... the Donzi for fun & Donzi Events ... the Pantera for the Bay and entertaining Clients and Friends & Family and for Poker runs.

Doc of Dual Fuelish Tendencies :wavey:

TBroccoli
03-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Thats great Doc. You will have to bring the Pantera up the Sassafras this summer. A guy across from the Dupont place got a brand new 36' Pantera about a year ago. He loves to run it.