PDA

View Full Version : 36' Cigarette with twin 540s/TRSs - $24Kobo

Conquistador_del_mar
03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I thought this sounds like a great buy for someone in the market for an older large Cigarette, and he sounds like he is flexible on the price. His pictures aren't very good, but I will see if he sends me some better ones to post here. Bill

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/1073521562.html

Conquistador_del_mar
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
The seller just wrote me back. Here are some more pictures. Bill

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/detail.sfly?imageIndex=0&sid=0AcMmzJm0bsWTjI&fid=56224815543870fe

txtaz
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Man if that were a 31' without the black I would be all over it.

Da Taz<---The hunt for the 22 continues.

Dregsz
03-21-2009, 12:00 AM
This boat has been on OSO for a Looong time

Conquistador_del_mar
03-21-2009, 12:37 AM
This boat has been on OSO for a Looong time

Maybe it is not quite the bargain that I thought it is? He wrote me that he would go down to $20K. In my book, the boat is a bargain, but I have never been in the market for such a large Cigarette. Thanks, Bill

Dregsz
03-21-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm not saying it's not a good deal at all.
It has interested me for a long time.
$20K for a flat deck 36 is a great deal!!

Dregsz
03-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Make an Offer!!!

The only things I would do to it, is unless you are good at setting valve lash, I would swap in hydraulic cams and rockers/springs.
I'd also test props, seems like it should have a little more then 68 MPH in there, esp w that HP.

olredalert
03-21-2009, 09:32 AM
------Love, love, love this flat deck!!! Had a 36 Kevlar hull Mistress a long time ago and while I thought it was cool I like this better. This is a good deal. I do notice, however, more than a little corrosion. Take a look at the windshield frame for instance. I would say that the boat has seen more salt water than is being stated. Not to say it isnt a good deal at all. You would expect to do a bit of clean-up on a $20,000 35ft. Ciggy, wouldnt you??? Just be prepared, and have it surveyed of course........Bill S

Conquistador_del_mar
03-21-2009, 10:14 AM
------Love, love, love this flat deck!!! Had a 36 Kevlar hull Mistress a long time ago and while I thought it was cool I like this better. This is a good deal. I do notice, however, more than a little corrosion. Take a look at the windshield frame for instance. I would say that the boat has seen more salt water than is being stated. Not to say it isnt a good deal at all. You would expect to do a bit of clean-up on a $20,000 35ft. Ciggy, wouldnt you??? Just be prepared, and have it surveyed of course........Bill S

Bill
The boat will need a good overall restoration to make it like new again, but it sure has a few tons of possibilities to be an outrageously nice offshore boat. If I were in the market for something so large, this would be mine. I love the look and design!! The seller and I have been emailing each other quite a few times - super nice guy. His name is Jim. I wish someone here would buy it and show the restoration. I would think the 540s alone almost justify the price. Bill

BUIZILLA
03-21-2009, 11:50 AM
could someone tell me where to buy that center exhaust outlet setup?

Conquistador_del_mar
03-22-2009, 10:22 AM

Jim,
I saw that unusual outlet in the pictures, but I have never seen one before. You might make a response to his ad on Craigslist. His name is Jim and from what I can tell about him, he seems like a great guy who would help you if he knows. Bill

smidgen too
03-31-2009, 01:35 AM
Maybe it is not quite the bargain that I thought it is? He wrote me that he would go down to $20K. In my book, the boat is a bargain, but I have never been in the market for such a large Cigarette. Thanks, Bill
Back in June 2006 I sold my 454 370hp trs 1982 38' KV with trailer for $20,000.00. She was allway's a fresh water boat that was hoist kept. In that market then you had to price it right, if you really want it to sell,,, now in 2009 it would be even harder. On these older boats it's hard to find a cash buyer. I had this Kv for 11 years and for me it was just to big.:confused:

Conquistador_del_mar
04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Back in June 2006 I sold my 454 370hp trs 1982 38' KV with trailer for $20,000.00. She was allway's a fresh water boat that was hoist kept. In that market then you had to price it right, if you really want it to sell,,, now in 2009 it would be even harder. On these older boats it's hard to find a cash buyer. I had this Kv for 11 years and for me it was just to big.:confused:

I guess you are right about the low valuations of the older boats. I am just amazed at how much money people are willing to spend on the new ones when an older one would perform as well for 10% of the cost, and in my book the older ones are cooler. I suppose most people just don't think like I do, and I do admit most people would be lost in terms of restorations. Bill

handfulz28
04-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I guess you are right about the low valuations of the older boats. I am just amazed at how much money people are willing to spend on the new ones when an older one would perform as well for 10% of the cost, and in my book the older ones are cooler. I suppose most people just don't think like I do, and I do admit most people would be lost in terms of restorations. Bill

A couple reasons probably. Plenty of people have the credit for a payment on a newer boat, but not the cash to restore an old one. And if you're not capable of doing work yourself and/or think the only place to buy supplies is West Marine, then by the time that restoration is done right, you might as well have bought the newer one.

I think the best "value" in an older boat is when A)you buy it at the right price and B)you can do a lot of work yourself. The highest value is the pride of your own work.

The trailer and the unknowns are keeping this one from his asking price.

Marlin275
04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Great looking boat!
Love that understated color!
Just add a 1 on the side and you'd think it was Don's ?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44723&stc=1&d=1238808453

Ghost
04-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow, if I were in a position to, I think I would buy that one. Looks like a lot of boat for the $$$, and a good start for a resto for a perfect one.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Great looking boat!
Love that understated color!
Just add a 1 on the side and you'd think it was Don's ?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44723&stc=1&d=1238808453

Wow! Very cool photoshopping! You really know how to get a guy fired up. I am rekindled now. Thanks, Bill

tommymonza
04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Here is an old 36 i found in the mountains by Cuomo in Italy when i was there last year.A Italian that goes by the name Black Tornado on OSO is a wealth of info thinks it is the 1st 36 built.

Rick G
07-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have the sellars contact info. I would like to inquire about the boat. The listing has expired.

Thanks Rick G.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Does anyone have the sellars contact info. I would like to inquire about the boat. The listing has expired.

Thanks Rick G.

Rick,
Check back here in a day or two after I see if he still has it for sale. Bill

Rick G
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks Bill.

Rick G.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Rick,
Check back here in a day or two after I see if he still has it for sale. Bill

Thanks Bill.

Rick G.

As a follow up, it looks like Jim has a buyer lined up. Bill

Rick G
07-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Bill if you could get the contact for me it would still be good , his buyer may bow out you never know.

Thanks Rick.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Bill if you could get the contact for me it would still be good , his buyer may bow out you never know.

Thanks Rick.

Rick,
I should have been more candid - I am the buyer. In fact, I just bought a 1996 GMC 1 ton crew cab dually with a 454 just to be able to pull it back here. I really needed a heavy duty truck for my 27 Magnum anyway. Jim and I have been talking since March about the Cigarette, and we finally made the deal this week. It is a much larger boat than anything I have ever had, but I look forward to driving and working on it. Bill

Rick G
07-19-2009, 02:26 PM
No problem. If you find it too big let me know . I want to down size from a 43 Scarab.
Rick G.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-19-2009, 07:49 PM
No problem. If you find it too big let me know . I want to down size from a 43 Scarab.
Rick G.

Sounds good. I will see how I like such a large boat compared to what I am used to running. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
08-16-2009, 11:31 AM

As it turns out, I found out that Jim had that outlet custom made for the two Stellings outlets. Bill