PDA

View Full Version : 18 with quick and quiet II

Classic Doddy
03-18-2009, 06:52 AM
I just started the 18' last night and the 6.2 purrred like a kitten. The only the questions that I have are; how restrictive are the Corsa mufflers in the quick and quiet set-up? Has anyone seen any performance increases with the removal of these pipes?

Thank-you all, again, for being the new guy?

Michael

2004 Donzi 18', 320 hp 6.2/Bravo One (1.65:1)

FYI - I'll give you all a report on the differences between my 25p Mirage Plus and a 4 blade 24p hydromotive cleaver - I should be trying these out in the next few weeks (weather permitting)

MOP
03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
IMO there is little to know difference, I base this on my using Gil mufflers on my 383 off and on more off then on. The Gils are at least as restrictive and I show -0- lose, it was said awhile back that big pipes on small blocks may cut the back pressure to much which may hurt performance.

Kirbyvv
03-18-2009, 09:09 AM
I saw no noticable performance difference (rpm and GPS speeds) when I put corsa mufflers on my X-18, except less hassles from the lake police.

BigGrizzly
03-18-2009, 09:16 AM
With the quick and quiet system there is no loss, the reason is when the system is open what is restricted with the mufflers goes out the prop anyway.

Classic Doddy
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
With the quick and quiet system there is no loss, the reason is when the system is open what is restricted with the mufflers goes out the prop anyway.

I didn't know that at all.

Thanks again for helping the young lad out. I do like the sound of the 6.2 with the corsa's.