PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Owner Intro: Was Donziweasel's 16

Okie2
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Just thought I would take a minute and introduce myself to your forum. I'm Scott from Oklahoma....go by Okie2...though I don't know why. Anyway...I'm the guy who purchased Donziweasel's 1997 classic 16. Finally picked up the boat this weekend (2800 mile round trip from Ok to Wy & back...long frigging way) & now am just waiting for the weather to stay above freezing to do some test runs. I'm sure I'll need plenty of advise in the near future & can see from having read the forum since last month...I'll get the GOOD information. Married, 50...wifey (Robin...36 & cute).... Rest assured the boat will be well taken care of....I've wanted a classic since I was a tween & saw them running aroung here (classics & a couple of the Cobalt versions)...Always thought (& still do) that the Donzi is the sexiest boat to ever skim water. Got to love them. Thanks guys, Scott

Conquistador_del_mar
03-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Scott,
Are you from OKC area? Do you ever boat at Lake Texoma? I live in Denison, TX and boat Texoma, so if you ever want to get together, just give me a shout. I am 56 and my wife is 45 so we have a little in common there - lol. (903)786-6281 Bill

BUIZILLA
03-16-2009, 11:57 AM
up 2 primary jet sizes............

Just Say N20
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Welcome! Whew, I'm going to be doing 1,500 miles this week end to pick up my "new to me" 16. 2,800 is a manly drive. :worthy:

I'm sure there are a few people anxious to hear how the boat runs much closer to sea level. If you are from the eastern side, you might even be in triple digits, instead of a BIG four digit number.

txtaz
03-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the board and the disease. Don't let the pissy fuzzy dog scare you. He's actually quite tame and a good source for knowledge and parts.

Keep an eye out for the Texas Roundup happening on the third week in Sept. Farmer should have his critter done, Harbor Masters boat should be dialed in and we may have a new 22. This year more should show up at Bass Hollow (Just outside of Fort Worth). Last year turned out to be a Horn family reunion.:rlol:

Daryl is up in your neck of the woods (not sure where) and may chime in.

Da Taz

osur866
03-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Welcome aboard, and the addiction has spread to yet another! AOTH is coming up quick, bring that bad boy to it if ya can. Steve

RedDog
03-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the club. You're gonna love it.

MOP
03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Jim beat me to it!!! What is the altitude you boat at?? Carb will probably need some work to adjust for the change.

P.S. Welcome to the addiction!!!!!

chappy
03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome aboard Scott.

That's a great boat you picked up there, a lot of time and effort went into that 16.:wrench:

Keep us posted with some numbers when you get it on the water.:checkered:

Okie2
03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Eastern Ok...around 1000 feet.... I need help with prop. selection...John included a 19" Vengeance (needs hub) that I already knew was for high altitude... my local prop guy never heard of Donzi....So guys...here are what I believe the specs to be: 16 feet; 2400'ish lbs; 355 cid/377hp; 1.65 gears on Alpha. Don't know speed, rpm & handling characteristics yet. Will be looking for speed more than torque (gee...I wonder why).... Model & pitch of prop for a starting point? Thanks for the hearty welcome... FYI: Her name will be "Latis" Celtic goddess of water and beer. Scott

Ed Donnelly
03-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Scott ; Welcome to the dirty old men with Donzi's and young wives club...

I'm 64 and the other half is 44... Randy will help you out with the props...Ed

JustMercMe
03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
FYI: Her name will be "Latis" Celtic goddess of water and beer. Scott

Hell, I love beer! Water ain't to bad either.....Welcome Scott!

Sweet Cheekz
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Congrats Great boat
NK

Donzi Vol
03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Welcome, Scott. You'll have fun on the 16 and on here. They're both quite a ride! Hope to see you at AOTH.

All the best
-David

mike o
03-16-2009, 05:46 PM
welcome, nice boat, have fun.

BigGrizzly
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the board.As you know there is no cure for the disease. The only way to control it is with fuel and sunshine. Normally that boat would pull a 24 or 25 inch pitch prop. I would not worry about the altitude very much. What we need is a base line then we can home in on the correct prop.

The Hedgehog
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
That is a great 16. I am out visiting the Weasel now. He takes care of business. You have a winner.

Air 22
03-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats on your new toy...you will luv it!!:yes:

Lots of knowledge here and a great bunch of folks...looking fwd to meeting you sometime at one of the many events held around the country.:)

Have fun..:beer:

Okie2
03-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Got around to starting the boat tonight in the driveway....Holy Crap! Nice deep throaty sound....Messing with the orig. prop tomorrow & may run in next few days.... BigGriz....which model of prop to look at? Lots of choices...then mod's to prop? Worth having it lab finished at some point? Best friend was an engineer at mercruiser...until 3 months ago...missed that window of opportunity! Considering AOTH in May...have a kid 1 hour from there....& after driving to Wyoming....Kentucky is nothing....I'm ready for summer.......

Donziweasel
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
I took great care to make sure the boat was ready for his altitude, minus the prop. Rejetted the carb already, he should be ready to go.

Scott, I had some great luck with a Turbo 1 from Grizz. Maybe 23-24 pitch. I would suggest getting to AOTH. You can try props all day, meet some great guys, and get plenty of tips on how to get the most out of your new Donzi.

Scott is a good guy and will be a welcomed addition to the boards, glad my Donzi stayed in the Donzi.net family. :wink:

chappy
03-17-2009, 07:14 AM
I took great care to make sure the boat was ready for his altitude, minus the prop. Rejetted the carb already, he should be ready to go.

Very nice touch.

Last Real Texan
03-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome.....you my friend now have an non-cureable disease....no treatment out there but wind in your face on a boat ride, and that's just therapy...:beer:

Tex

chrisc2
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Donziweasel;501303]I took great care to make sure the boat was ready for his altitude, minus the prop. Rejetted the carb already, he should be ready to go.
Welcome OKIE! Well done Weasel..Chris

KerrLake
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM

Scott, I had some great luck with a Turbo 1 from Grizz. Maybe 23-24 pitch. I would suggest getting to AOTH. You can try props all day, meet some great guys, and get plenty of tips on how to get the most out of your new Donzi.

Scott is a good guy and will be a welcomed addition to the boards, glad my Donzi stayed in the Donzi.net family. :wink:

You got the hook up! Holla if you hear me.......Welcome. You might find you spend more time here than you think.
Brian

Donziweasel
03-17-2009, 08:06 PM
BTW, Scott, be careful with that 19 pitch prop. You don't want to turn that engine much more than 5000-5100 rpm's. Wait till you get a higher pitch prop before winding her out.

Okie2
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
John...yup...hubbed the 19" today & still need some model choices in a 25" to begin with? Turbo 1? Laser II? So many choices...don't really know where to start? Ideas guys? Don't know how to email BigGrizz...this site won't let me access that info....:biggrin.: Scott ps It was 80 degrees here & I hear the lake a'callin'....

Donziweasel
03-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Start a new thread "Prop suggestions for my 16"......

BigGrizzly
03-18-2009, 09:24 AM
OKIE2, I am easy, I will pm you with the contact stuff.