PDA

View Full Version : K&N cleaning

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-18-2002, 10:11 AM
I use the kit and clean mine often, dry, re-oil etc, mine tends to stay a dark color and not a pretty pink...
Mine is a VORTEC.

What does every one else do?
Waiting on mine to dry now so I can re-oil.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-18-2002, 10:28 AM
I do mine about every 30 or so hours, thanks for the data, man, were you guys born with this knowledge?
Mine has some fiberglass stuff on it do to hatch work and repairs, it needed it.

About to start the powder coat project, only one item for now, Donzi repainted my hatch cylinder, so it no longer needs to be done.
Thanks
Bryan

Rootsy
12-18-2002, 11:41 AM
i have a K&N in my F150... i clean it about every 50,000... just starts to get a bit of dirt build-up on it by then... wash it out with the hose... let it dry... reoil... reinstall...

had one on the boat but the heat tended to make the oil end up on my intake manifold in puddles... why, i never took the time to figure it out... it no longer will fit under my hatch!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks Jamie, a guy here on this site did one on a diesel, he hopefully will share the data and a few pictures, I would like one on my F250 PSD....

Bryan

Wow, my neighbors POODLE is now barking... eek!

Sean
12-18-2002, 02:15 PM
I'd love to hear how it works on a diesel as well. I had one on my 8100 GMC and it really let it breath. I just got the new Duramax for fuel economy but would be interested in seeing what the K&N would do.

I agree with Scott. The filter is supposed to work better over time. Don't waste your time cleaning until it really begins to collect dirt.

HyperDonzi
12-18-2002, 02:45 PM
How does it start to work better as it gets dirtier??

pmreed
12-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Hyper, the holes get smaller so it becomes an effectively finer filter. Say that five times fast. :D

Phil

Ed Donnelly
12-19-2002, 10:42 AM
I have K&N on my F150 Harley pick up, the Criterion,the Pantera,and my soft tail.I'm a big fan of their products.The soft tail filter is still a pretty pink, but over time the filter gets darker making the oil appear darker. Main problem is every one over oils the filters(more is better) It made a mess of the carb on the Pantera the first time I cleaned and oiled it...Ed