PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Coastal Boating Guide

Tony
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't know how many NC Registry members we have, but they may enjoy this free guide:

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg05_BoatingWaterways/pg5e1.htm#2

In February, the newly redesigned 2009-10 North Carolina Coastal Boating Guide will be available.
The free guide features a map of the state’s coastline, along with information about marinas, museums, boating access areas, recreation, fishing piers, wildlife refuges and other coastal resources. With more than 300 miles of coastline, North Carolina offers something for both boaters and non-boaters alike.

:beer:

HOWARD O
03-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Very nice, thanks! :yes:

You planning a visit???

CHACHI
03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Tony, go!

Ken

Barry Eller
03-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Vessel Operators Guide...

http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg02_Regs/pg2c1.pdf

...at the bottom of page 9

Exhaust Mufflers
Vessel engines with open-air exhausts and the capacity
to operate at more than 4000 RPM must have effective
muffling equipment installed on each exhaust manifold
stack. Licensed commercial fishing vessels are exempt.

So...North Carolina has a muffler law...

HOWARD O
03-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Wow, good catch Barry. That's the first I've heard of it. I wonder if the Fountain factory is aware of this? :confused:

Tony
03-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Very nice, thanks! :yes:

You planning a visit???

Yep, doing a spring break week in Myrtle Beach. We've never been there, were looking for someplace other than FL, and we've got friends who have retired there...so we're gonna give it a try.

I'm hoping for decent weather, but know that's kind of iffy for early April. I suspect Myrtle Beach itself will be hokey-touristy, but we'll bring the clubs for some golfing, and visit Charleston, Murrells Inlet, Georgetown, and Pawley's Island.

KerrLake
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
NC +1. Myrtle beach is very touristy, but LOTS to do there. If you are a golfer you can golf to your hearts content. I think you are on the right track visiting some of the fishing towns and Charleston is pretty cool. You never know, you might have a sunny week in the 80's. Lots of college Spring breakers go to MB so beware. Take beads for Ocean Blvd :flash: just to be on the safe side.......

HOWARD O
03-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Yep, doing a spring break week in Myrtle Beach. We've never been there, were looking for someplace other than FL, and we've got friends who have retired there...so we're gonna give it a try.

I'm hoping for decent weather, but know that's kind of iffy for early April. I suspect Myrtle Beach itself will be hokey-touristy, but we'll bring the clubs for some golfing, and visit Charleston, Murrells Inlet, Georgetown, and Pawley's Island.

We have had a couple of vacations in Myrtle Beach, kids just love it.....we have fun too. Very touristy, just like Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but with a beach. :yes:

I appreciate the link for the NC guide, but you are of course aware that Myrtle is SOUTH Carolina, right? :wink:

Tony
03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
LOL, yes...I ran across the NC coastal guide while researching SC.
My wife and I are both beach lovers. Maybe I'll come across a dubloon or two!

Ed Donnelly
03-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I guess everybody's red line is now 3,900 r.p.m. ........Ed+