PDA

View Full Version : A non-native species (Hedgehog) in JH.....

Donziweasel
03-14-2009, 10:06 PM
A non-native species has been spotted in Jackson Hole. Today, there were several confirmed sightings of a hedgehog in Jackson Hole. This particularly southern species seems to have migrated to Jackson Hole.

I met Bill and his lovely wife Katrina at the airport and spent the day showing them the valley and getting them settled in. At Bill's condo we looked at the weather on Bill's laptop and when Bill saw we were about to get 12-20 inches (in reality, probably more like 15-30 inches) of snow in the next few days, he looked like a kid on Christmas morning. He ordered a storm and Wyoming took him very seriously.

Meeting them was like meeting an old freind I haven't seen in a few years. They are a great couple, fun, and I am really looking foward to spending time skiing and snowmobiling this week. Might get out and ski with them tommorrow if my inlawitise doesn't flare up. :rlol:

The Hedgehog
03-14-2009, 10:30 PM
This place rocks. Katrina Christina, I am having so much fun I may call her both as well.

The Weasel gave us a nice tour complete with one of his guys waiting for us with a sign. That was much appreciated. It was great to go to the mountains and meet someone that really understands. Like he and Tex said. Someone I felt like I have known for a long time.

I am starting to wonder why I have never been here.

I can't say much right now. I have just come back from the Bistro. A great restaurant recommended by John. The people here are very cool. Laid back and so real.

John and I went over the snow forecast. Looking at the mountain and thinking about the snow on the way brings back memories of being a kid trying to sleep before Christmas.

Come on Tex, it is only frequent flyer miles. You have a spare room reserved with a single twin bed in a dimly lit corner.

The Hedgehog
03-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, I am sure your drive Andy got a good laugh about the college hottie that still thinks the Mangie Moose is the Mangie Mouse.

Donziweasel
03-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Ooooops, Christina.

Anywho, overnight they threw more winter storm warnings and modified the snowfall forecast to 12-25 inches (I still bet we get closer to 30) of snow.

Bill, how the hell do you control the weather? Damn, order a storm, and we get a whopper to start you vacation.

I hope you did some treadmill exercises or something, because with 20+ inches of snow, your southern low altitude legs are going to need it!

So, Critsina's sister got in all right? Bistro was good?

Tex, you did hear that, right? 30 inches? Good, just making sure you got it.......

(Sorry, but Bill and I have decided to torture Tex all week........)

Last Real Texan
03-15-2009, 08:08 AM
It is a little known fact that Hedgehogs do in fact carry the Honto virus.....but if given plenty of fresh cool weather coupled with fresh 12-30 inchs of snow the hedgehog proves to be a very pleasant creature...it also must be bottle fed directly with fine southern bourbon:drunk: and all is well.....You guys have a fantastic day out there and can't wait to see some paranormal activity at the springs....

Tex.....................it's raining

Donziweasel
03-15-2009, 08:31 AM
I did read that hedghogs are very energetic creatures, and thrive on southern bourbons. Since this species is new to JH, we will have to see how it adapts to a colder environment. From what I read, it said if there is trouble adapting, double the daily intake of bourbon. You must be careful not to give them too much bourbon ealry in the morning before skiing or you end up with a hedgehog looking like this-

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/hedgehogDM0412_468x301.jpg

Now, back to torturing Tex. Vegas odds are 2 to 1 that he will be here by Wed and 3 to 1 by Thursday. Oh yeah, we will be snowmobiling to the hotspring on Friday. Biggest difference this time will be 30 inches of powder to play in. :biggrin:

BUIZILLA
03-15-2009, 08:35 AM
this is going to be a fun week... :yes:

should be 82* here today.. :biggrin.:

Last Real Texan
03-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Yep rub it in... talk about adding salt to the wound....Have a great day guys ....wish I was there.....

Tex

The Hedgehog
03-15-2009, 09:16 AM
She got in fine.

I am up watching it snow. I was noticing that the snow on the mountain was looking a little shiny so I ordered a coating for warm up day. I was hitting the treadmill pretty good up to a couple of weeks ago. We shall see how I bounce back.

The wood in the garage below the condo is a nice feature. Stoking up the fire now. If I can't peel the others out of bed, I will go make some coffee and get in the hot tube. I am still amazed that the Weasel was able to pull off getting my the only condo in my development with its own hot tub. Its either get in or continue to pace around the condo like a kid that is waiting on everyone else to get up and have Christmas.

Weasel, the mountain gods called and said you need a break from your other visitors.

Donziweasel
03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
My severe case on inlawitise flared up this morning. I do have a reprieve tommorrow and will be ripping up the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort with ya.

Now, 1. get there asses out of bed 2. get to the mountain 3. go get em'. Save some for tommorrow and Tuesday, as these are going to be HUGE powder days.....

Donziweasel
03-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Bill, (and Tex for torture purposes), they updated the forecast at 3:15 PM this afternoon. Calling for 36 inches by Tuesday morning......:beer::biggrin::yes:

From NOAA-

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY

THE SNOW ACROSS FAR WEST AND NORTHWEST WYOMING WILL CONTINUE INTO
TUESDAY. UP TO THREE FEET OF SNOWFALL IS POSSIBLE IN THE TETONS...THE
GROS VENTRE RANGE...THE ABSAROKA MOUNTAINS AND PARTS OF YELLOWSTONE
NATIONAL PARK BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON. SIX TO TWELVE INCHES OF SNOW ARE
LIKELY IN THE JACKSON VALLEY AS WELL. WEST TO SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL
ALSO CONTINUE...CREATING BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND ADDING TO
TRAVEL DIFFICULTY ACROSS WESTERN WYOMING..

Last Real Texan
03-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Bill, (and Tex for torture purposes), they updated the forecast at 3:15 PM this afternoon. Calling for 36 inches by Tuesday morning......:beer::biggrin::yes:

From NOAA-

Hope fully he gets a good day....This was from our best day two weeks ago....

Tex

The Hedgehog
03-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice to see Tex sticking a turn proper.