PDA

View Full Version : 1986 22 Classic, Craigslist Seattle, $9899

Just Say N20
03-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Not mine.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1070711485.html

MOP
03-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Looks like a give away, someone will snatch that up quick!

mjw930
03-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Great, that's just what I need, someone giving away their boat for $3500 more than my trailer cost!!!!! At least it's in Seattle, typically not a market that looks to buy boats and ship them 3000 miles......

Just Say N20
03-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Great, that's just what I need, someone giving away their boat for $3500 more than my trailer cost!!!!! At least it's in Seattle, typically not a market that looks to buy boats and ship them 3000 miles......

mjw930,

I actually thought a lot about whether or not to post this ad for that very reason. I didn't want to hurt a board member's sale.

I came to the same conclusion that you did; that this boat is being offered in a completely different market than yours.

I will delete the post if you wish. Send me a PM, and it will "poof."

Bill

mjw930
03-12-2009, 09:05 AM
mjw930,
I actually thought a lot about whether or not to post this ad for that very reason. I didn't want to hurt a board member's sale.
I came to the same conclusion that you did; that this boat is being offered in a completely different market than yours.
I will delete the post if you wish. Send me a PM, and it will "poof."
Bill

Bill,

I appreciate the consideration but the market is what the market is. A boat in Seattle with no history really doesn't effect my sale unless someone in Seattle was considering buying mine and shipping it which I really don't think is happening. Go ahead and leave it up, maybe one of the west coast members can score a great deal.

Mark

chappy
03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey Bill,

Since you sold the Reflexx, have someone eyeball this one, fly one way to WA, rent a truck, and drag that thing home. For that price, the time and effort may be worth it.

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
interesting points, brought out here, let's look at it from another side,
you've hunted around and found the boat your first in line you've almost got the deal done just a sea trial or visit away from closing the deal at an agreed price . Now the boat becomes public cause someone posted the ad , now the seller gets a few phone calls and emails and says wait this boat might be worth more than i think cause it has gotten some chatter and your deal falls thru???

Mjw
your boat looks great just a tad out of my price range right now,

and the west coast 22 yes a good deal for some one out there but for someone on the east coast it is going to cost alot more to get it back east

Just Say N20
03-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey Bill,

Since you sold the Reflexx, have someone eyeball this one, fly one way to WA, rent a truck, and drag that thing home. For that price, the time and effort may be worth it.

Oh that I could. It does look like a great deal, and a 22 would be fantastic for Lake Michigan.

But, I believe I have closed the deal on a very nice 16.

Everything in life is a compromise, and this purchase falls into the "Bill's toys" category. We are still supporting the CARVER 38' Aft cabin, a son in college, and a daughter just about to start. All things considered, I'm just delighted to be rejoining the ranks of DONZI owners!

Now the boat becomes public cause someone posted the ad , now the seller gets a few phone calls and emails and says wait this boat might be worth more than i think cause it has gotten some chatter and your deal falls thru???

If you were the seller, would you do this? If I had agreed to a price for something, I would honor that price.

chappy
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Good luck with the 16, give us the details and pics when the time is right.:pimp:

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Bill,

yes i would honor my word ask anyone who has dealt with me, I have found boats for a few members and they always gave me the last word "are you sure you don't want the boat matty" no it's yours and that courtesy as been extended to me and if I am going to pass i let the next in line know and pass on any info I had . I do think you would honor your word too , but not all sellers are that way and not all members live by that creed either ask around some have seen it first hand .

my point was you were worried about a member selling another boat like the one you posted, what about a member buying a boat who found a boat before you posted and is close to a deal it but now cause you posted it someone un hitched the deal??? you can't poof that??? doesn't it work both ways???

mjw930
03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Mjw
your boat looks great just a tad out of my price range right now,

If it's just "a tad" out of your range we should talk :biggrin:

To your other points, I think it's incumbent on both the buyer and the seller to figure out the market is worth before ANY deal is struck. What happens all too often are sellers who only want to get out of it what they owe or the amount of cash they need at the moment, Or, on the flip side, someone who owes too much or feels that just because they have $40K into a boat it's worth that much. That tends to leave those of us who try to be realistic sucking wind!

Sure, I paid a bit more for the boat in Jan '08 than what the some bargain basement boats were selling for but that was my decision, it was worth the extra few grand to get something that didn't need a lot of work. What I've tried to do is put the asking price at a point that's reasonable knowing that everyone wants to deal. It's not my final price, I'll only know that when there's a person sitting across from me with cash in hand making be an offer. I do know that whatever I sell it for I will not even come close to recouping all the money I have in it and I'm fine with that.

BUIZILLA
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
are both of these boats Alpha boats?

neither ad states what the drive is....

THAT could make a difference

mjw930
03-12-2009, 11:29 AM
The reality is this boat is an anomaly.

There's got to be a story behind it because it looks like they simply took the KBB price for the boat and trailer. Perhaps it is a boat they never paid for (relative, uncle died, whatever) and they just want the cash or maybe they've owned it so long they have no idea what 22C's are really worth in the free market, who knows.

The bottom line is my boat is worth about $18K and the trailer is worth about $4k and hence the $22K price. If someone wants to sell something similar for less than half that I have no control and since this is the internet that other sale was available for anyone to find so I hold no hard feeling toward N20 for posting it.

mattyboy
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
MJ

perhaps tad was not the right term my boat budget just took a big hit and probably I will have to wait til next year.

I agree with all you have said, and I have no Ill will towards Bill I was just bringing it out as a point of discussion which would be posting an ad that is not yours has it pros and cons

mjw930
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
are both of these boats Alpha boats?

neither ad states what the drive is....

THAT could make a difference

Mine is a '96 7.4L/B1 repower with 145 hours. It states that perfectly clear in My AD.

This one is anyone's guess. If the motor is truly pro built and fresh it's worth $5K by itself considering the SS risers. If it were mine I would pull that motor, sell it for $5K and still ask $9K for the boat and trailer without the motor and guess what, it would sell.

Lenny
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
This boat is located about 1/4 miles from where I have had other boats delivered to from Fla. It is about 1/4 mile from the USA/Canada Border. You could see it from the border crossing. Buizilla, your LE was delivered from Miami to here.

I do not think they get any closer. (to us)

Fantastic deal for someone here (other than me)

Pay the tax ($2400 CAN) and it is home.

MOP
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Yours has a lot done to it, in my eye that counts for a lot. The one on Craigslist looks like a decent deal but it looks to be stock and may be an Alpha etc, that makes yours the one I drool over!!!

Phil

handfulz28
03-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Pay the tax ($2400 CAN) and it is home.

Listed in Vancouver for $2999 more than Seattle listing. :cool:

Amusing how often the "what's it worth" debate comes up these days. Always an inverse correlation between "what it's worth" and how long it takes to sell.

Planetwarmer
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
That boat looks like a 1987 with the 454/Alpha combo.

I didnt think the 1986 boats came with the "eye brow" wind shield.

Donziweasel
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I like it. It has the Italian windshield, nice exhaust, etc... Someone is in financial trouble.......

Guys, there are some serious deals starting to pop up. Looking at Craigslist the other day, I came across a beautiful mid 90's blue 16 w/ 5.0L, super low hours, 8000.00. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will see if I can find it.

If that 22 had been around when I bought the Critter, I might have bought it instead, a little drive up there, stop and have a beer with Lenny and Jeremy, and home....:biggrin:

Just Say N20
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Looking at Craigslist the other day, I came across a beautiful mid 90's blue 16 w/ 5.0L, super low hours, 8000.00. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will see if I can find it.

This one.
http://seattle.en.craigslist.org/est/boa/1067882079.html

Donziweasel
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
That be the one. Thought for a V-8 16 in as good as condition as they claim it is with a Cobra, this is a pretty good deal.....

Donzi Racer
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
That boat looks like a 1987 with the 454/Alpha combo.

I didnt think the 1986 boats came with the "eye brow" wind shield.

We just sold our 1986 22 classic and it did have the eye brow on the windshield. Wish it would have had the same shield as the Minx. That is a great windshield. You can cruise at 40 and still have a semi normal conversation with the air thrown over your head. Our 22 had a 350 cu in with a alpha drive. I cannot remember what year Cuda's old 22 was but if I recall it had a 454 with a trs outdrive. Seems like someone on the board bought it. I do agree with Mark that his boat is something I would call a KEEPER. Divide the cost over 10 years and then see what it sells for and it would not cost much at all compared to a newer one. His definately looks like a Dream! In a different league than mine. I liked mine a lot but apples and oranges in the 2 boats. The one for sale here should not last long at all and if there were 10 of them at that price, none should last long. It reminds me of the Minx LE that someone put on a few weeks ago. Unbelieveable price! Again, a member got that one. Yeah!!! I am almost Donzi less and I am bout to go CRAZY with all the deals out there! Jus thinkin about Racin, Tom

handfulz28
03-13-2009, 12:32 PM
We just sold our 1986 22 classic

Shucks, that didn't last long...:frown:

Anybody else heard from this seller? I haven't gotten a response yet.

Donzi Racer
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I did not realize how that looked but when I said we just sold our '86 22 classic Donzi, I was talking about the one we had here in Florida, not the one that was on the Craigslist from Seattle at the top of this listing. As far as I know it could still be for sale. I have not heard anything from them and I did try and get in touch by email as I am sure others did also. Just did not want to stop anyone from trying to contact them about their boat. Tom

handfulz28
03-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I knew which one you meant. :D I looked at it when it was for sale before, and read how much fun you were having with it. It was more than I wanted to spend but I liked the idea of a small block 22. Never knew you were selling it.

Donzi Racer
03-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I knew which one you meant. :D I looked at it when it was for sale before, and read how much fun you were having with it. It was more than I wanted to spend but I liked the idea of a small block 22. Never knew you were selling it.

Just wanted to be sure others realized they were different. You are right about the small block. I never was crazy about the 22's that much, until we got that one & WOW did we really enjoy that little beast. I miss it, but it sold to someone just 30 minutes away in case I ever want to go visit. ha ha T

chrisc2
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Did the 22 in Vancouver sell?