PDA

View Full Version : Aoth '09 auction

FISHIN SUCKS
03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Okay all inquiring minds, this may be repetitive for veterans, but for the newbies (and don't feel bad, we were all one at one time), this is a suggestion/guideline thread to give you an idea of what happens and what to bring for this part of the event. As of this posting, there are 8 weeks before it is 'GO TIME', so now is the time to start shopping, making, finding something to bring to the auction.

Format
Saturday evening after dinner is when the auction is scheduled. In the past, this event has run on for over an hour, maybe even two......do I hear three? Sorry. So what we are going to do is have a silent auction as well as our traditional format.

Suggested items to Bring
It is asked that each couple or solo act bring an item (or items) to donate to the auction. Suggested items are as follows:

Donzi printed/embroidered items: cooler, boarding mat, towels, jackets, guitar, R/C boat, framed picture, dock lines, emblems, carry bags, robes, blankets, anything from Dr. Dan's site, anything from the Z-Shop, etc.
Cigarette items: while we have gained some new friends from the Cigarette club, Cigarette items like the above will work too!
Boat related items: Propellers, propeller locks, boat cover, fenders, cleaning supply kits, GPS devices, electronics, whatever
Beverages: okay, it's a dry county, but this is a last resort idea (although Barbi and I did this our first year cause we just didn't know what else to do), case of beer, nice wine, spirits, mason of shine (fruit chunks optional). Please understand, we do not promote drinking and driving!
Women: I don't know, sun dresses??? He!! I don't know, but there are women bidders out there and they should not be excluded.

The above are merely suggestions, feel free to think outside the box. We even sold a 126 MPH (GPS) boat ride! PLEASE DO NOT BRING JUNK, THIS IS NOT A WHITE ELEPHANT PARTY! Feel free to ask any questions if you are not sure what to bring. Trust me, I am not just a half-baked auctioneer ('I have had no professional training'), I am here to help. Posting your questions will also help others as well.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting you all,

Tom

gero1
03-14-2009, 06:55 AM
low on money, can i bring a couple sham wow's????

Sam
03-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I love the idea of implementing a silent auction, I've been to many events where this format has been used. As much as I like the live auction the silent auction offers some up close inspection of the goods. Hmmmmmm ? now what to bring :confused:.

Sam
03-14-2009, 07:57 AM
low on money, can i bring a couple sham wow's????

LMAO Gero1, I'm right there with you. I'll tell you what I'll bring a matching set of "Slap Chop's" :biggrin.:.

FISHIN SUCKS
03-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Wow, Sham Wow......you know, popular mechanics magazine actually said that works as well as they say.

Where I mentioned doing the shopping up top, I do recommend Dr. Dans stuff, it is DEFINITELY high quality stuff, speaking as an owner of the infamous cooler and a few other things.

Slap chops???? I must have missed that info-mercial, what is that? sounds funny!

show-n-go h2o
03-21-2009, 01:10 AM
i have some Sham wow's and they are amazing.. not kidding these things work as good as they say..

FISHIN SUCKS
03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I saw the slap chop infomercial. My buddy saw Tyra testing the sham wow, she said it doesn't work; maybe somebody needs to read her the directions:spongebob:

BigGrizzly
03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
I have the Sham wow it does work:yes:

FISHIN SUCKS
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Just a reminder, in addition to bringing your proof of insurance, beverages (remember, dry county), and whatever other crap you have, don't forget to bring your donated auction item!

Last Real Texan
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Got 42" Herring prop from an old project......think it will sell?

FISHIN SUCKS
05-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Got 42" Herring prop from an old project......think it will sell?
Let me say this to everyone, this is not a 'garage cleaning, white elephant, used radiator for a '73 Monte Carlo, 2 used mud grip tires, type auction', bring nice decent stuff. While Robert (gero1) may have a use for the used radiator, that's not what this auction is about.

NOW

That being said, a Herring prop is a pretty darn nice prop. But if it's missing a blade or dinged up from making too many chocolate milkshakes in shallow waters, either make a nice decorative lamp out of it or leave it at home and try again. If you think there is a possibility of anyone in attendance at this meet having a use for it, bring it. Thanx for the question, keep'em comin', looking forward to meeting/seeing you and everyone else,

tom

BUIZILLA
05-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Got 42" Herring prop from an old project......think it will sell? cut it in half and sell it as a matching pair of 21's...

gero1
05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
working on something cool....yall keep your fingers crossed

RedDog
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a 28 QIV.. Winner will have to wait to get it of of Buiz's boat at the end of the event.. :nilly: :nilly:

Won't that be a hard to meet stipulation since his boat(s) is staying in Florida!

Or has there been a change of plans?

BUIZILLA
05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Won't that be a hard to meet stipulation since his boat(s) is staying in Florida!
Or has there been a change of plans? Critter's coming.. all covers on, tied down, ready to go... i'll be on Centerhill from Sun>Weds >> then cruise a couple hours north on Thurs morn.. :cool:

Last Real Texan
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Let me say this to everyone, this is not a 'garage cleaning, white elephant, used radiator for a '73 Monte Carlo, 2 used mud grip tires, type auction', bring nice decent stuff. While Robert (gero1) may have a use for the used radiator, that's not what this auction is about.
NOW
That being said, a Herring prop is a pretty darn nice prop. But if it's missing a blade or dinged up from making too many chocolate milkshakes in shallow waters, either make a nice decorative lamp out of it or leave it at home and try again. If you think there is a possibility of anyone in attendance at this meet having a use for it, bring it. Thanx for the question, keep'em comin', looking forward to meeting/seeing you and everyone else,
tom
Geeeeeez lighten up Francis.........:drinkbeer::drinkbeer::drinkbeer:: drinkbeer::drinkbeer::drinkbeer::drinkbeer:.I am just yankin your chain....I do have some useful nice things to bring....:nilly:
Tex

FISHIN SUCKS
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Geeeeeez lighten up Francis.........:drinkbeer::drinkbeer::drinkbeer:: drinkbeer::drinkbeer::drinkbeer::drinkbeer:.I am just yankin your chain....I do have some useful nice things to bring....:nilly:
Tex
Ohhhhhh man, I knew it, I just knew it........as I was typing that response to your question, I kept thinking 'Roadtrip' would say this, so I said it. Besides, your partner in crime (the Hog), already asked me earlier today about bringin some used boat parts for the auction. Were you 2 settin me up? Paybacks my boy, paybacks!

Listen Sargent Hulka (like the 'Stripes' quote btw), just boom chuggalugga on up to Jamestown and we'll run whatcha brung at the auction:beer:. If you do have any used mudgrip tires, Gero probably would be a buyer on those:biggrin.:

Ghost
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm bringin' this--should take down some serious cake. It's a major award. Just sayin.

http://netcave.org/content/binary/LegLamp.jpg

Last Real Texan
05-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm bringin' this--should take down some serious cake. It's a major award. Just sayin.

http://netcave.org/content/binary/LegLamp.jpg
I used to sell those, I have a guy that wires all of my old french wrought iron Chandeliers and he was making those for a guy selling them on e-bay.... I picked up a few and sold them in short order....I think he made 500 and then stopped. Nice for sure!

Tex

Last Real Texan
05-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Ohhhhhh man, I knew it, I just knew it........as I was typing that response to your question, I kept thinking 'Roadtrip' would say this, so I said it. Besides, your partner in crime (the Hog), already asked me earlier today about bringin some used boat parts for the auction. Were you 2 settin me up? Paybacks my boy, paybacks!
Listen Sargent Hulka (like the 'Stripes' quote btw), just boom chuggalugga on up to Jamestown and we'll run whatcha brung at the auction:beer:. If you do have any used mudgrip tires, Gero probably would be a buyer on those:biggrin.:
" any of you Homos touch my stuff....I 'll kill ya"

Tex

FISHIN SUCKS
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
'that's my philosophy, a hundred dollar shine on a two dollar pair of boots'

OOOOOhhhhhhhhh, I want the leg lamp........I need the leg lamp!!!!

roadtrip se
05-07-2009, 09:51 AM
but I would never acuse the auctioneer of throwing an auction or something...
What's next? Steroids?

Actually, we could put that fine item in the silent auction and you could bid away to your heart's content, but then again, so could I...